I'm getting sick of SM's obsession with lipsync

• The thing is though we've seen what happens when idols can't sing and the backlash they get. Unless your group is strong vocally which is a rarity in this era then it might be better to let them LS. Everyone else is doing it including the big labels and it's not like the better singers place higher on the charts. Plus it's much easier to debut a weak singer than find and train a good one.

Basically kpop is at a stage where it's easier and more effective to LS than sing live. That's how sad things have gotten.

i agree. and i'd also add that with more kpop groups starting to put a stronger emphasis on visuals & performing, that vocals are probably the last thing companies think about & as a result we're starting to see more of them resort to LS to cover up their actual vocals that are probably mediocre at best.

• As long as NCT sings live in concert and they keep putting out recording videos where the roll into the studio looking like burned out college students pulling all nighters to record then I really don't give a shit if they sing live on fucking M Countdown.

Music shows can go and I'd still be more than happy.

• I've already seen tweets saying stuff like Taeyeon is the usual talentless SM idol so if course she needs LS for her perf on mnet :pepefacepalm:

I said how LS has warped people's perception of actual live singing and now we're seeing the clowniest of clowns going after Taeyeon of all idols singing ability.

^^

Well, at least there's Killing Voice added now to the list if those people want to know more about Taeyeon's live vocal performances :p :P

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:happyr::giftr:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• It's more and more frustating. Red Velvet used to sing live a lot until 2017 then their live performances began to decrease. At least Joy and Wendy could sing live many times to promote their solo albums.

I'm wishing for them to sing at Killing Voice too.

Whenever they sing live as a group or with multiple members like in their radio show attendances, Immortal Songs, encores, concert performances and others, I always get chills listening to them. Their harmonisation and group vocals sound so powerful and mesmerizing.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I'm wishing for them to sing at Killing Voice too.

Whenever they sing live as a group or with multiple members like in their radio show attendances, Immortal Songs, encores, concert performances and others, I always get chills listening to them. Their harmonisation and group vocals sound so powerful and mesmerizing.

Right. Singing live is their biggest strenght.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!