Do you think people are more or less camera shy now with social media and smartphones than when those things weren't around?

• I think it's in between, tbh a lot of people like to be on camera but only when they got like 10 filters on and look like madison beers twice removed cousin! people like to be on social media and snap chat, this chat, instagram, that gram, they love the cameras! kids back in the 80s just wanted to complete their math work and maybe call their friends on their busted old ass phones that probably took 80 rings to finally connect to the other person! those chunky clunky busted phones! oh lord! anyways, I think nowadays people live for the cameras but back then, aint nobody cared and we're more reserved! #ellenotetalk

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• in general? i think when its just my friends or like on a private instagram only close friends are on i tend to not care too much about pictures of my appearance.

but if im posting something on my main instagram for the world to see, i will very much post only the prettiest of the prettiest pictures.

so more than being shy its about confidence and the idea of being judged and how comfortable you are with putting yourself out there. i personally don't mind as long i think i look okay. i don't care about being recorded and posted on other peoples' stories unless i look presentable either..

• I think it's in between, tbh a lot of people like to be on camera but only when they got like 10 filters on and look like madison beers twice removed cousin! people like to be on social media and snap chat, this chat, instagram, that gram, they love the cameras! kids back in the 80s just wanted to complete their math work and maybe call their friends on their busted old ass phones that probably took 80 rings to finally connect to the other person! those chunky clunky busted phones! oh lord! anyways, I think nowadays people live for the cameras but back then, aint nobody cared and we're more reserved! #ellenotetalk

i was gonna say "i don't post a picture unless its madison beer level pretty" but left it out the last second :angryr:

• I think they're less as with their phone cameras they can do selfies and upload them to Instagram. People nowadays seem more conceited imo compared to when I was growing up in the 80's and there was no such thing as mobile phones, just good ol' fashioned cameras. They're more confident.

• Depends, its eased people into it, but I noticed people still have to be ready for a picture...

I personally still don't like pictures as do alot of people I know so nothing has changed really however at school (90's to early 00's) some girls in my school had more confidence and were fine with pics but considering I know what people put into taking a good picture now like, filters, angles, make up etc...

Candid pictures still aren't welcome by some unless they are already camera ready.

• They're less camera shy because they can take 200 pictures, choose one they actually look decent in and then edit them and apply filters before sharing.

Back in the day, when your parents or whoever decided to take a picture of you, all you got was one chance, one picture to look decent. No filters, no editing. Just you in your natural glory. And I remember that even in the early 2000s when I was a kid the quality was pretty shitty and whenever some relative broke out their old, non digital camera, I ended up having glowing red eyes in the pictures taken. Kid me looks in need of an exorcism in a lot of family pictures.

Nobody would like to have such pictures of themselves taken today either. Probably less than ever, considering everyone applies filters to the point where they're unrecognisable.

• Deffo less

You can edit pics or just erase them if you don't like them these days, same with video recordings

Back then it was impossible :fingerk::fingerk: so people would felt more self concious about it

• They're less camera shy because they can take 200 pictures, choose one they actually look decent in and then edit them and apply filters before sharing.

Back in the day, when your parents or whoever decided to take a picture of you, all you got was one chance, one picture to look decent. No filters, no editing. Just you in your natural glory. And I remember that even in the early 2000s when I was a kid the quality was pretty shitty and whenever some relative broke out their old, non digital camera, I ended up having glowing red eyes in the pictures taken. Kid me looks in need of an exorcism in a lot of family pictures.

Nobody would like to have such pictures of themselves taken today either. Probably less than ever, considering everyone applies filters to the point where they're unrecognisable.

but what if it's someone else who's putting you on the internet?

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!