• why this thread become inter fandom fight ???

it's okay if you want to criticize the song, I personally only liked the bridges too. But the lyrics aren't reeks internalized misogyny . it's just a girl trying to keep her man who's has been approached by another girl. In general, woman fighting with other woman and sometimes hating each other (over a man). The most popular songs also contain these kinds of lyrics. So why this suddenly become a problem because of GOT?? You just overanalyzed stuffs at this point.

The lyrics just stupid because you collecting all these powerful woman to sing about keeping her man from another girl :facepalm:

• you sound bitter and miserable then the next day you will cry that your group is hated if i start pulling the lack of dancing you will start mentioning vocals when your fav don’t sing live despite having amazing vocals

I don’t care the same lie about twice talent have been here for years and y’all are the first one too lurk after them okayyy

Where? I'm fully aware my faves are hated for the things they have no control cver and when 99.9 percent of Kpoop are doing it as well however I'm not crying about it.

It's definitely not the same thing with Twice whose been longer in the industry yet are still mediocre in every aspects.

• Does Zenning have anything to say about the above idiot I wonder.

What's there to say? He's a hardcore stan and I disagree with what he says or how he words it.

Now, do you want me to tag you every time from now on when members of the fandoms of your biases are shading or bashing other groups or fandoms?

Personally I'd really like that scenario, where everyone addresses all the trolls and bashers and sneaky shaders even of their own fandoms whenever they go off like that.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• What's there to say? He's a hardcore stan and I disagree with what he says or how he words it.

Now, do you want me to tag you every time from now on when members of the fandoms of your biases are shading or bashing other groups or fandoms?

Personally I'd really like that scenario, where everyone addresses all the trolls and bashers and sneaky shaders even of their own fandoms whenever they go off like that.

I don't consider myself part of any standom though, right?

The tribal mentality that you have, and that you're bizarrely projecting onto anyone else, is very immature. Some part of you must know it, what with the Jungian shadowboxing against "JYP stans" you're always engaging in.

Which is to say this:

The OP may well have criticised this song, and they may very well criticise the songs of their faves as well, and for the same reasons even. Why would you automatically assume they wouldn't? I don't know who their faves even are, and frankly the majority of the people ripping into the Girls On Top song are fans of the idols in the group anyway. But I think someone said they're a blink? Well, I can tell you straight up, when everybody was dogpiling on Ice Cream? Blinks were the loudest of the bunch.

Your rebuttal to the penguin has nothing to do with the penguin itself. If your intention was to point out hypocrisy, you could have pointed to an example of the penguin shutting down criticism of a song. But you didn't do that, and instead brought up some weird tribal thing of, "well you wouldn't say this if I was a Once/JYP stan" essentially. Which, how do you know the penguin wouldn't? The penguin talks a lot of shit about a lot of songs all the time, I assume the penguin would want to protect the penguin's own right to talk shit amongst the Once fandom.

Just looks like a lot of projection to me.

Which is made clear from the fact that I had to highlight that specific user before you would comment on them. YOU would never actually tell them to STFU on your own accord, because, well, tribes innit. And that is the mentality you assume everybody has.

No, they don't, it's weird.

Like Blinks tell JenChu to shut up all the time. Onces tell the minion to shut up all the time (as well as straight up reporting his posts). You just don't notice it.

• I just don't understand why people take lyrics srsly in pop... I would understand if it was a full rap song because rap must have some lyrics that make sense and rhyme but pop? C'mon there is way worse stuff in western pop, and the criticism against this song is just... The lyrics? IDK it feels weird because a lot of songs are just weird lyrics and it's not important, the group never claimed the song would be this or that idk

• why this thread become inter fandom fight ???

it's okay if you want to criticize the song, I personally only liked the bridges too. But the lyrics aren't reeks internalized misogyny . it's just a girl trying to keep her man who's has been approached by another girl. In general, woman fighting with other woman and sometimes hating each other (over a man). The most popular songs also contain these kinds of lyrics. So why this suddenly become a problem because of GOT?? You just overanalyzed stuffs at this point.

The lyrics just stupid because you collecting all these powerful woman to sing about keeping her man from another girl :facepalm:

I just don't understand this too, it is a common topic in songs either good or not, I HATE CHEATING and one of the best eminem songs are about cheating? It just sometimes you have to enjoy the song I also dislike lyrics about "woOoO ass ShAke =O " but there are countless song I listen with this sort of lyrics

it just happens

and there's nothing to do w "internalized misoginy" as people are saying, it doesn't even make sense

if people don't like the lyrics it's ok but making up "problematic" stuff is kinda... too much

• I just don't understand this too, it is a common topic in songs either good or not, I HATE CHEATING and one of the best eminem songs are about cheating? It just sometimes you have to enjoy the song I also dislike lyrics about "woOoO ass ShAke =O " but there are countless song I listen with this sort of lyrics

it just happens

and there's nothing to do w "internalized misoginy" as people are saying, it doesn't even make sense

if people don't like the lyrics it's ok but making up "problematic" stuff is kinda... too much

true

what should we say when from example WAP is one of the most popular song last 2 years :angryr::cryingr:

• true

what should we say when from example WAP is one of the most popular song last 2 years :angryr::cryingr:

lmaooo that song have very questionable lyrics lol I forgot this one because I didn't liked ?! but it is a good addition on why lyrics don't matter that much or hold no meaning more times than not

• Wdym, you are part of Onces, dont be shy

:pepelove1: :pepelove1::pepelove1:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• I just don't understand why people take lyrics srsly in pop... I would understand if it was a full rap song because rap must have some lyrics that make sense and rhyme but pop? C'mon there is way worse stuff in western pop, and the criticism against this song is just... The lyrics? IDK it feels weird because a lot of songs are just weird lyrics and it's not important, the group never claimed the song would be this or that idk

Exactly, since when pop music/Kpop as a whole has lyrics with substance? If I'm going to listen to a meaningful lyrics, Kpoop/pop is not it.

What is even more funny is this people who question this as misogynistic are stans of other girl groups whose music lyricism is just as bad. The irony.

We bop to Kpop bc it sounds good, not bc we want to hear the gospel of the lord

• Seulgi, Taeyeon, and Wendy had moments when their vocals felt very good (mostly when viberto could be heard). I think the overall concept, in terms of roster, is good but the song was lacking in a couple of areas:

• Lack of solid kick drum, had to "laser focus" in to hear the high hat too
    • Who toplined the song? It felt "off"; it generally didn't feel right (mostly a Pop vocal approach, not enough Soul mixed in). How SME tends to approach Hip-Hop leaning tracks usually leaves a lot to be desired though
    • Rap cadences weren't hitting right from start to finish especially at the part of the song where it suppose to (2:36); a recurring issue for SME the majority of the time

"Step Back" sounds like it was one of many "general" DemJointz beats in SME's cache; not custom made for a lady supergroup. I believe if he would have known and created music with this in mind, the music would hit WAY better.

Besides working more closely with talented producers like DemJointz to produce more memorable songs, I recommend the ladies working with somebody who can write stronger and more memorable vocal melodies for this project. Honestly, I L-UV these ladies more than enough to say the same old "tried" formula is no longer truly effective. I like more SME lady groups, so I want them to set a better precedence than the one this song is making.

• It really sucks and I was very disappointed my girl Seulgi deserved better... At this point, after the the bad boy (best song) vs really bad boy (weirdest comeback of all times) I should know better then trust SM to be consistent and delivered a good girl crush concept, they are really incapable of

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!