• The song - sounded like a vocal competition and too many high notes.

The performance - We know these women can sing why did they lipsync lol.

The lyrics - Internalised misogyny. They are singing about being a pick me and bringing a girl down for "stealing her man". Also this part.

The unit is girls on top because these girls are on top of the industry in their because of themselves not their man being on the next level.

I would understand RV and aespa but BoA, hyo and taeyeon can speak for themselves esp BoA she could easily reject the song disappointed.

• Good for you, I look forward to all the 99% other groups you'll bash because they're lipsyncing while dancing and hopefully be brave enough to include your own biases with them :siptear:

I was just hoping it would be live as I have seen all BoA, taeyeon, Wendy, seulgi and hyoyeon sing live while performing hard choreos and they sounded great. Aespa did great in their encore it would be great if they sang live and I dont even care if groups sing live but while making a group with girls like these who can definitely slay live I expected more.

• Wait, why are u all harassing OP for genuinely reviewing songs

:boredr::boredr::boredr:

This is like the 4th or 5th criticising/bashing thread about the same topic, we get it, a number of people didn't like a lot of things of the song, no need to create yet again another entire thread about it especially to basically say 'it sucked!'

Also, why are you harassing/attacking people replying to the OP for it, I've seen you and other hardcore Once and JYP stans harass (or encouraging cq condoning harassing/shading) people as much and sometimes worse, when sortlike criticising/bashing/negative threads were created regarding TWICE, that feels kinda double standards, no offence :-)

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• This is like the 4th or 5th criticising/bashing thread about the same topic, we get it, a number of people didn't like a lot of things of the song, no need to create yet again another entire thread about it especially to basically say 'it sucked!'

Also, why are you harassing/attacking people replying to the OP for it, I've seen you and other hardcore Once and JYP stans harass (or encouraging cq condoning harassing/shading) people as much and sometimes worse, when sortlike criticising/bashing/negative threads were created regarding TWICE, that feels kinda double standards, no offence :-)

Oh you want to start here.... when Twice are getting dragged on daily basis especially by your fandom...interesting

• I was just hoping it would be live as I have seen all BoA, taeyeon, Wendy, seulgi and hyoyeon sing live while performing hard choreos and they sounded great. Aespa did great in their encore it would be great if they sang live and I dont even care if groups sing live but while making a group with girls like these who can definitely slay live I expected more.

Like others already mentioned, over 95% of all this kinda performances esp the dance performances are lipsynced by all idol groups, you can certainly hope it will be different this time, but it shouldn't have come as a surprise when it isn't.

As for the lyrics, there have been god knows how many discussions and threads about it already, at this point it starts to feel like bandwagoning - yes, the lyrics were not what was expected but also hardly worse than the lyrics of a lot of other songs that didn't get any criticising for it at all.

Could GOT have had a far better intro? I fully agree, but the extreme focus on all the negative aspects of the song/performance ignoring what was great in it, to the point that it becomes a full bash, feels like overkill and going to the other extreme end of the scale.

And sure, I hope as well that we can see far more of all the raw power that this group has in future songs and performances (and lyrics).

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Bashing groups is not okay but discussing how good a song is, good or bad should be allowed in kpop forum. I personally not a fan of this type of song. But OP? She is a blink and probably loved this kind of girl crush song so why not try to listen to her opinion, feel free to agree and disagree. instead of personally harass her.

Also, why are you harassing/attacking people replying to the OP for it, I've seen you and other hardcore Once and JYP stans harass

Huh? Am I harassing anyone in this thread?

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Oh you want to start here.... when Twice are getting dragged on daily basis especially by your fandom...interesting

For lack of talent and vocals, lipsynching on their 6th year, no decent encore then the dragging is deserve

OT: GOT is not for everyone, people would have different opinions of course but I find it hilarious Kpoop fans are suddenly become lyricist when majority of your fave's music lyrics aren't any better either. Most of them are just pure gibberish none sense lbr here

• I still don't get the massive hate boner for this song.

People seem to be putting it in the same basket as the rest of SM's ''experimental'' songs,but it just sounds like a normal k-pop girl crush song to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• you sound bitter and miserable then the next day you will cry that your group is hated if i start pulling the lack of dancing you will start mentioning vocals when your fav don’t sing live despite having amazing vocals

I don’t care the same lie about twice talent have been here for years and y’all are the first one too lurk after them okayyy

• Bashing groups is not okay but discussing how good a song is, good or bad should be allowed in kpop forum. I personally not a fan of this type of song. But OP? She is a blink and probably loved this kind of girl crush song so why not try to listen to her opinion, feel free to agree and disagree. instead of personally harass her.

Huh? Am I harassing anyone in this thread?

You're not harassing anyone, and neither are the other posters - or let's put it differently, if you see the other people's replies as harassment, then what you're doing is harassing as well and sort of double standards if you only see one side (that you disagree with) as harassing and the other side (that you agree with) as merely criticising or voicing an opinion.

As for the rest, let's just see how you'll respond whenever TWICE or their songs etc get criticised, if you'll be as understanding and whether you'll address other Onces or JYP stans when they shade or harass the criticiser, or if you'll cheer them on with a smiley or heart :-)

Anyway, discussion even with disagreeing opinions is nothing wrong with, but I don't want to spend too much time on this, this is just a difference of opinion after all and I have nothing against you or such. Best wishes, and I'll wish you a fortunate 2022, that it may bring you all that you'd strive for.

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!