I'm fucking dying of laughter

• I haven't laughed this hard at a thread in a long while, oh man.

Basically, I wasn't active pretty much at all yesterday. I wake up this morning to a 44-page thread about MMA being rigged, and that original argument ended around page 14. Before then, people immediately resorted to attacking OP with baseless claims and emotional gut reactions. Some arguments held merits, mainly from people who actually follow stats (for the love of it, not to drag other artists). Then it transitioned to armys against a very specific few iu stans, when most of them are quiet and don't say much anyway. Like seriously, I see some like once a week and then they disappear again.

Then it transitioned to ad hominem attacks between users who had previous beef but obviously had never addressed it and decided to let it all out in this thread where emotions are already heightened due to award show season stress. All I'll say is that some users lack self-awareness to a startling degree. When there are users I don't like, I will own it, say it to their face, and move on. I may interact with them later on if I feel like it, or I block them. Some of yall should do that, especially if you don't agree with a particular users on multiple topics.

Some of the drags didn't drag either....some of yall thought you ate and no. No you did not. Hand over the damn plate.

You Really Thought You Ate Give Me That Plate GIF - You Really Thought You  Ate Ate Give Me That Plate - Discover & Share GIFs

Basically, page 1-14 is fighting over OP's wording and intentions and whether or not MMA is credible (most award shows aren't fully trustworthy, they can fuck with anything.) Page 6-43 is fandom and user beef.

Oh yeah and bobsyouruncle enters on page 11 and became my personal MVP of the thread.

Highlight of the thread: Page 29, 1st post. PeachPig literally gave me whiplash.

I was also writing this while Dionysus was playing, seemed apropos.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited once, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• I wrote this in response to Afriyieau1 who tagged me on page 2, and I never got a chance to respond. That thread was a trainwreck but OP is definitely a nominee for thread of the month.

In regards to what I think about the actual topic, both are great songs and the award would have gone to either one of them. I'm personally more happy that My Universe won because I'm biased, but I wouldn't have been upset at all if NAKKA had won. At the end of the day, MMA chose which song would get it and that's not getting changed. So we can complain, gesticulate, attack, whatever. Coldplay most likely pre-filmed their speech, so they knew already.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Again, this is why I hate award show season.

I think that user was genuinely curious and had no ill intentions against BTS, but that's not really common with KPOP fans. Alot of the time there are very salty KPOP fans that accuse a show of being "biased" or "rigged" because their fave didn't get an award or someone they dislike did. Then it dissolves into fighting, personal attacks, etc, etc. It happens every year and I'm really fucking tired. :cryingr:

• My super tuna promos was the highlight of that thread :siptear:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Again, this is why I hate award show season.

I think that user was genuinely curious and had no ill intentions against BTS, but that's not really common with KPOP fans. Alot of the time there are very salty KPOP fans that accuse a show of being "biased" or "rigged" because their fave didn't get an award or someone they dislike did. Then it dissolves into fighting, personal attacks, etc, etc. It happens every year and I'm really fucking tired. :cryingr:

Girl, twitter was even worse. I will not be online on twt until at least a day after MAMA. The amount of people who did not understand the basic premise of the Melon Music Awards handing out awards based on how acts charted on Melon within the tracking period and tried to argue with physical sales...it's exhausting when people have preconceived notions of success without actually fact-checking.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• My super tuna promos was the highlight of that thread :siptear:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nah, bobsyouruncle ate. Super Tuna is a banger though, Jin would kill it if he did trot professionally.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Man I left that thread when it was at 23 I had no fucking clue to went for 44 pages!!!! Time to read :pepe-notes:

Spent the better part of an hour just reading, eating, and doing my daily streaming of BTS on Spotify. Audiovisual entertainment with a meal. I win.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I did no effort to read that thread.

It’s too long and I have the attention span of a seed dragged by an ant.

I take it as a challenge to read long threads. I just couldn't do the burning sun and irene megathreads. No thanks.

people dont wanna check numbers, they blinded by their biaseness

That's the thing, the numbers were close either way. So either song could have won.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Ok purr.

:bts6:

Now you gave me inspiration to read that shit all the way.

Girl it's so bad it's comical. I know when ppl type lmao or lol, they're breathing through their nose or just nodded their heads in agreement. I was full on cackling several times.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Alot of the time there are very salty KPOP fans that accuse a show of being "biased" or "rigged" because their fave didn't get an award or someone they dislike did. Then it dissolves into fighting, personal attacks, etc, etc. It happens every year and I'm really fucking tired. :cryingr:

Girl not even, more like just the same users consistently getting pressed for no damn reason but to get worked up over and over again on "behalf" of their faves when all they end up doing is bringing shit that wasn't even there on themselves. Talk about annoying to read.

• You liked that mess? :pepeshut: buuuut it was entertaining for sure... I loved being quoted over false rumors or past fights that happened months ago :pepe-clown-gear: kkkkkkk

about the op.. i don't think he had ill intentions so the attacks were unnecessary...

• Girl not even, more like just the same users consistently getting pressed for no damn reason but to get worked up over and over again on "behalf" of their faves when all they end up doing is bringing shit that wasn't even there on themselves. Talk about annoying to read.

you and itiswhatitiss fighting for best answer and it's page 1.

Probably nothing I haven’t seen said before on this site.

I feel like most of those kind of threads just keep moving in the same cycle.

:pepe-toilet:

Award season is always clockwork and so is this forum, which is why I don't make many friends here. I think you're cool and then you go out of pocket trying to drag a user over previous shade, blatant or perceived (which has happened to a lot of users for me). If it's a straight lie, ok defend your faves. But don't get personal, it makes you look worse.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• You liked that mess? :pepeshut: buuuut it was entertaining for sure... I loved being quoted over false rumors or past fights that happened months ago :pepe-clown-gear: kkkkkkk

about the op.. i don't think he had ill intentions so the attacks were unnecessary...

I didn't like it, but I was for sure entertained by the audacity of some users acting like fucking clowns over forum "drama".

Most of the drama starts between a select group of stans from each fandom and not between the actual fandoms as a whole until someone starts generalizing the whole fandom...

Also OP has always been respectful. He's never been rude to any acts. I see him in the digital thread all the time and he was super welcoming when i visited the IU guild a few weeks ago. The fact that he felt like leaving over false allegations blows and speaks to how negative some users are and refuse to see that their assumptions about some people are usually plain incorrect

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Nah, bobsyouruncle ate. Super Tuna is a banger though, Jin would kill it if he did trot professionally.

bob did eat..damn it was fun. when i entered it was just to tag all our very serious researchers because the thread was a prime specimen.

it was fun akorn farming and clowning around while ppl argued lol.

• you and itiswhatitiss fighting for best answer and it's page 1.

Award season is always clockwork and so is this forum, which is why I don't make many friends here. I think you're cool and then you go out of pocket trying to drag a user over previous shade, blatant or perceived (which has happened to a lot of users for me). If it's a straight lie, ok defend your faves. But don't get personal, it makes you look worse.

I half agree with you.

As you know, I haven’t been an angel on this forum in previous years, and I understand that with some users it’s hard to not get fed up and hold a grudge. I’m not gonna say names, but I’m sure you can think of some yourself. But like you said, if you do have a personal issue then block and move on. But giving the history this forum has, and the things specifically ARMYs had to endure here I can’t also say that I don’t somewhat understand the thought process there.

Also, I’m mostly speaking out of own experience. It’s been a long time since I’ve been really active on this forum so I don’t have any clue how it goes now. On the old forums it was hell, being an ARMY. These days the old culprits don’t seem to be active or as active as they were back then.

But yeah, blocking should be more normalized when having an issue with users or finding yourself picking fights with users on multiple occassions. It would make everything a lot more peaceful on here.

• I didn't like it, but I was for sure entertained by the audacity of some users acting like fucking clowns over forum "drama".

Most of the drama starts between a select group of stans from each fandom and not between the actual fandoms as a whole until someone starts generalizing the whole fandom...

Also OP has always been respectful. He's never been rude to any acts. I see him in the digital thread all the time and he was super welcoming when i visited the IU guild a few weeks ago. The fact that he felt like leaving over false allegations blows and speaks to how negative some users are and refuse to see that their assumptions about some people are usually plain incorrect

Oh, it was entertaining for sure. And even though I was involved... The same users as always....

Yes, OP was always respectful so seeing how some were low enough to create fake rumors against him bc of the thread was honestly surprising.

• Some users want to fight instead of moving on from people they clearly don't agree with. That's how they want to do their life? Their username is easily searchable on a public forum. That's all I have to say.

Yes, being an Army on this forum was hell in 2018 and especially first half of 2020, in the time I lurked and made this account. But I prefer to be sarcastic and sneaky in my drags when I know someone has a history of acting like a bitch; some are more visceral in their attacks. Again, their choice.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• 'Yall" and other articles of colloquial speech wasn't on the assignment sheet as a reason for possible grade reduction. And I did cite my sources with page numbers.

Ohhhh, was it because I didn't have a properly formatted bibliography?

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Some users want to fight instead of moving on from people they clearly don't agree with. That's how they want to do their life? Their username is easily searchable on a public forum. That's all I have to say.

Yes, being an Army on this forum was hell in 2018 and especially first half of 2020, in the time I lurked and made this account. But I prefer to be sarcastic and sneaky in my drags when I know someone has a history of acting like a bitch; some are more visceral in their attacks. Again, their choice.

At the end of the day, blocking is always the best option.

Being vicious, attacking, and just being in agressive mode every moment you spend on this app is draining and everything but healthy for you mental being. Not too mention the effects on the people getting attacked (not counting trolls here because they don’t give a fuck).

• At the end of the day, blocking is always the best option.

Being vicious, attacking, and just being in agressive mode every moment you spend on this app is draining and everything but healthy for you mental being. Not too mention the effects on the people getting attacked (not counting trolls here because they don’t give a fuck).

Yeah I recognized that last year. If someone wants to be an asshole, I can't stop them through the internet. Their reputation is already out there, I don't have to do anything.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• 'Yall" and other articles of colloquial speech wasn't on the assignment sheet as a reason for possible grade reduction. And I did cite my sources with page numbers.

Ohhhh, was it because I didn't have a properly formatted bibliography?

in my class, anything less than 2000 original words is a sign of illiteracy

and yes bibliography is important

learn from JYP songs

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Yeah I recognized that last year. If someone wants to be an asshole, I can't stop them through the internet. Their reputation is already out there, I don't have to do anything.

Right.

I had to leave this forum because I was so ‘consumed’ in the toxicity and it was having really bad effects on my mental health. Now I just stay clear of the people I see getting into fights usually, and go out of my way to not participate in drama-related threads. I do lurk some times though, gotta keep up with the tea.

I have my circle of old friends here that I respect and I interact mostly with them which is good enough for me.

• in my class, anything less than 2000 original words is a sign of illiteracy

and yes bibliography is important

learn from JYP songs

I wasn't aware there was a word limit, but there is also the ability to know your audience that I believe should count in my favor. In your class, I've written several essays that met or exceeded the minimum word count yet some peer reviews stated it was far too lengthy just at a glance, or I lost them during my analysis even if I kept it succinct. I just had too much content stuffed into the paper.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Right.

I had to leave this forum because I was so ‘consumed’ in the toxicity and it was having really bad effects on my mental health. Now I just stay clear of the people I see getting into fights usually, and go out of my way to not participate in drama-related threads. I do lurk some times though, gotta keep up with the tea.

I have my circle of old friends here that I respect and I interact mostly with them which is good enough for me.

I have very few friends left on this forum, you know. I always made sure that I let only people I trusted into my little circle.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This thread contains 144 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!