It’s boring if the act with most digitals wins awards when the top 3-5 is close competition

• This is not hard to understand.

We already have Gaon Chart Awards the most boring and useless award show that gives the award to the max physicals and max digitals. And we will know the winner before hand.

For me judges criteria and internal data are the BEST metric. That’s how it should be. We shouldn’t know all the winners before hand.

When the difference is SO huge yeah the winner will be obvious.

But in the case of digitals when many acts do have decent digitals I really don’t find a problem with giving award arbitrarily to the top 5ish acts.

Even if one song has clear digital advantage as long as the top songs have what can be considered good digitals I think they’re all eligible.

Every time people talk about “rigging” I get second hand embarrassment.

• part 2... ? :pepegrin:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Do you think they should be transparent about their criteria and internal data after at least ? :pepe-notes:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I think either way, someone will be salty.

Just look at the Grammy's. You don't always know who will win based on highest sales, and when the person with the highest sales does not win, their fans get mad.

But, then if you have a monopoly over an industry like BTS and IU and have award show purely based on sales, then you also run the risk of no one else ever winning the top awards, which can get boring for some people.

Either way, everyone can't win, and someone isn't going to like it.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• They should post all the data and remove judge vote and fan votes from awards. Make it pure achievement awards. But if you want judges then their names and degree should be publicly available.

Btw. Are we going for round 2?

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• I know I’m saying people being salty is better than using criteria, like absolute digitals.

• Not at least you can’t rig Gaon but I don’t like how they only count the first 5 weeks for example will not take sotm because it didn’t start strong unlike butter

and KG will win over Itzy because his fans mass downloaded and itzy got only 3 days of tracking on its first week which is unfair

Boring and I don’t care about it. I dont need an award show to tell me who has the most digitals I can do it myself.

• They should post all the data and remove judge vote and fan votes from awards. Make it pure achievement awards. But if you want judges then their names and degree should be publicly available.

Btw. Are we going for round 2?

No for your opinion I don’t agree with it. I think that would be boring :pepepizza:

As for round 2 idk. My second fandom prolly have me blocked we should be good

• Not at least you can’t rig Gaon but I don’t like how they only count the first 5 weeks for example will not take sotm because it didn’t start strong unlike butter

and KG will win over Itzy because his fans mass downloaded and itzy got only 3 days of tracking on its first week which is unfair

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they take first 30days for SOTM.

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• I know I’m saying people being salty is better than using criteria, like absolute digitals.

But what does it matter to change it when no will be completely satisfied?

People say going based on sales is boring, and if you use a committee, people will say they are biased.

I get you're just stating your opinion though.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• But what does it matter to change it when no will be completely satisfied?

People say going based on sales is boring, and if you use a committee, people will say they are biased.

I get you're just stating your opinion though.

Because one is more fun.

I don’t want to know who are the winners before hand if the competition is good.

Obvs a nugu shouldn’t win. But if you have close digitals like this time between IU BTS and Aespa they should mix it around and have fun.

• awards should be by genres - pop, jazz, rock, trot, etc. + fan choice + industry leaders choice

prevents one act from monopolizing all awards.

also encourages more diversity in music.

but this won't sell shows and mnet focuses on kpop, so mama will never do this.

• I agree.

Awards that rely strictly on numbers are very boring and predictable. As long as the marge of error isn't huge, i don't see the controversy in not awarding the absolute number 1. we have judges for a reason. MMA was a good example of this i guess.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!