irene shouldn't have become an idol

• Or more like SM shouldn't have debuted her as Red velvet member. irene is obviously very introverted and reserved and shy. And she seems uncomfortable with too much attention or crowd always. a lot of things that idols are supposed to be good at like interacting with fans in crowd or fanmeet. Although i must applaud irene for giving speech and doing her duty as Red velvet leader during their performance in North korea. i can only imagine how hard it must have been for her given she is too much shy/ uncomfortable in front of crowds.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• First of all, I have not clue about the members in RV and how they are, but it's a bit hard to believe she really is "very introverted", because I can't see a person like that seeking to be a member in a kpop group in the first place? If that the case she must be very stupid?

• If irene just stood with a blank face on stage for 3 minutes and did nothing I would still go crazy. I don't care if she doesn't move one muscle in her face at every music bank, girl you better work! period! some people might not live but I sure do! that's my cousin! I think the stone-cold-I-dont-want-to-be-here-at-all look is GREAT. I can tell you a looot of kpop boys do the same shit and are called HOT for giving the bare minimum. the difference is men look a mess when they do it, and girls look cunty, so irene gets a free pass. NOT minho though.

• I feel like if she chose to be an idol and she knows herself best then it isnt our business to say "she shouldn't have debuted because its hard for her" she was not a child who didnt know any better when she joined RV

so what your saying.. humans never make decisions they regret deeply later or get themselfs in situations that are way over their head

• Being introverted doesn't mean you have zero social skills. I'm willing to bet tons of idols are intro but they still make do being an idol just fine to the point where you likely can't tell their real behaviour of camera.

Besides when Irene was having her diva moments shouting at staff that wasn't her being too shy or introverted to debut...

• I feel like if she chose to be an idol and she knows herself best then it isnt our business to say "she shouldn't have debuted because its hard for her" she was not a child who didnt know any better when she joined RV

I was going to say she was with SM for almost a decade before debut I am sure she had plenty of time to decide if she wanted to debut or not and if the pressure was worth the risk of getting success.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• In the case of the North Korean speech it's perfectly reasonable for her to be nervous considering the political tensions. Also, just because she's an introvert(if she is one Idk Irene's personality) doesn't mean she doesn't have other traits such as her looks and dancing skills that make her an amazing choice to debut as an idol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!