I'm really sick of those all music tv show wins without even promoting

• Seriously tho, not shading any artists, just hating the whole system.

If artist ain't performing then it's a "radio" song for me, so let it receive some awards in radio stations, or app/charts award song but not damn music tv channels...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• so attendance based music shows

(Like attendance based award shows? )

not really but if artist want to grab few wins in show A then he/she/they should at least perform once...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• not really but if artist want to grab few wins in show A then he/she/they should at least perform once...

OK so in your opinion something like

You have to appear on music show A at least once to promote song X before you can win an award for song X ?

• OK so in your opinion something like

You have to appear on music show A at least once to promote song X before you can win an award for song X ?

yeah because it's not fair when artist A wins a little margin with artist B, and artist A ain't promoting at all when artist B is promoting for a whole month performing 6-7 times per week...

• It's based on point so I don't see problem in it if the song perform better then it'll win :!:

do you know that there is so called "broadcast score" in part of whole score?

so you know it is about how many time music video was played in all channels under KBS, now imagine that there are different music "segment" shows which are playing mv's, each of this show probably has director or moderator who decides which mv's should be played... see, so this is a failure in a system.

• do you know that there is so called "broadcast score" in part of whole score?

so you know it is about how many time music video was played in all channels under KBS, now imagine that there are different music "segment" shows which are playing mv's, each of this show probably has director or moderator who decides which mv's should be played... see, so this is a failure in a system.

But didn't the streaming and vote ,sales weigh more

• But didn't the streaming and vote ,sales weigh more

yeah but that's another point just listening to the song in audio format is one thing, and watching a whole visual on-stage performance gives you a totally different, much better experience...

• yeah because it's not fair when artist A wins a little margin with artist B, and artist A ain't promoting at all when artist B is promoting for a whole month performing 6-7 times per week...

Just so I can understand your position better, let's just take the most straw man argument...

Dynamite released on 21 August 2020 v CLC helicopter released on 2 September 2020

So without charting, YT views, album sales,recognition (Korean or international) you would disqualify Dynamite solely because BTS did not promote while CLC did ?

(Again i'm taking your argument to the most extreme)

• Just so I can understand your position better, let's just take the most straw man argument...

Dynamite released on 21 August 2020 v CLC helicopter released on 2 September 2020

So without charting, YT views, album sales,recognition (Korean or international) you would disqualify Dynamite solely because BTS did not promote while CLC did ?

BTS is very tricky in this terms because they are kind of out-of-league group. For example, they were highly promoting Dynamite, well but they just did it in USA tv channels/shows at first.

But I like that you pointed youtube views, when we know that so many labels are using ads...

but I think we all should remember that we are talking about music TV shows wins... now about music shows wins. Isn't television about seeing character on screen?

• Ngl I feel the same too.

Thing is, these award shows mean a lot to rookies or groups that haven't won before. Conversely, these award shows probably don't even matter much to top acts who can easily win on shows without performing because anything they release is probably going to top the charts and win the shows based on the current system.

Like if the awards are given to groups who got 2nd place and lost to act that didn't perform, especially if that award is their first win award ever, it's gonna mean so much to them.

You probably going to be like "but the song performed better so why shouldn't they win?" It's not about whether or not the song performed better or not, it is that for these music shows, where idols actually prepared so much, do background check, rehearsals for music shows, it would make sense that they win on those shows they worked and prepared so hard for.

• yeah because it's not fair when artist A wins a little margin with artist B, and artist A ain't promoting at all when artist B is promoting for a whole month performing 6-7 times per week...

Ok but what if artist A isn’t promoting and artist B is but the points gap between then is like 3000. Is it them fair for Artist B to win?

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• Ok but what if artist A isn’t promoting and artist B is but the points gap between then is like 3000. Is it them fair for Artist B to win?

I will stand for what I've said an artist should perform at least 1 time to be eligible for wins

• making it so only people who promote or attend these music shows win would highly devalue the awards themselves... it means so much to groups bc it can be a sign of you're song being legitimately successful. why do you think so one cares about winning the shows like the show that are attendance only...

who's your favorite artist?

If artists A's song is a bigger hit and it has better points then what's wrong in winning on music shows. artists perform on music shows to promote the song, if artists A doesn't feels it necessary to promote then its his choice, it isn't right to stop him from getting a well deserved win just because that artist didn't performed on music show. Artist A also puts equally hard work to make the song just like artist B.

• If artists A's song is a bigger hit and it has better points then what's wrong in winning on music shows. artists perform on music shows to promote the song, if artists A doesn't feels it necessary to promote then its his choice, it isn't right to stop him from getting a well deserved win just because that artist didn't performed on music show. Artist A also puts equally hard work to make the song just like artist B.

you are talking about music show,

I'm talking about music tv show

see a difference?

• Nugu fans just want free wins for their nugu favs.

Ask your favs to release hit songs then they will also win on music shows. If music shows start blocking hit songs from winning just because the artist didn't performed it and instead start giving it to songs that didn't even charted then those wins will just lose their meaning.

• TV Music Show Awards aren't important for well established acts, especially the ones that don't need to promote in the said music shows. But they are important to rookie and to less popular acts, especially their first win. I don't see a problem with them only being given to the ones that attend, but it will make these awards even less significant.

• BTS is very tricky in this terms because they are kind of out-of-league group. For example, they were highly promoting Dynamite, well but they just did it in USA tv channels/shows at first.

But I like that you pointed youtube views, when we know that so many labels are using ads...

but I think we all should remember that we are talking about music TV shows wins... now about music shows wins. Isn't television about seeing character on screen?

but you get my point right that while BTS is an anomaly - they still did not actively promote on a music show

What about something slightly less extreme and BP's ice cream which was released on 28 August 2020 which BP also did not promote at a music show but promoted elsewhere?

yes YT views - I cannot remember which one but I think Inkigayo has a large portion of their points through SNS (ie. YT).

Since you mentioned it do you think then that its not so much of the "promoting" aspect but the music shows should change their criteria?

• Yep. Nothing more annoying then seeing an artist win in a music show but they're not even present/ haven't performed there even once.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• TV Music Show Awards aren't important for well established acts, especially the ones that don't need to promote in the said music shows. But they are important to rookie and to less popular acts, especially their first win. I don't see a problem with them only being given to the ones that attend, but it will make these awards even less significant.

It would be nice for these established artists to atleast perform for their fans even though its not necessary anymore for them to do so.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• TOTALLY AGREE. I didnt understand it at first, i wondered why a show would be giving out awards to people who arent even competing, and then i was told that the performances arent tied to the awards. The performances are just for promotion, while the awards are given out based on whatever metrics the stations want to use.

I still think it's silly though to give out awards at the end of the show to people who arent even there. Especially when the losers are forced to stand next to the hosts while the absent winners are announced. The cameras invariably end up focusing on the losers reaction since the winners arent there to accept the awards. And the losers cant even graciously congratulate the winners since they're not there, the losers just end up standing awkward af.

They should revamp music shows to make them an actual contest.

• Remember when People were attacking Momoland for winning over Red Velvet last year? Yeah, people claiming it was rigged and all that, how Psycho performed better and how it was unfair. Strange thing is, this happened in Mnet Countdown, where you're required to be promoting that week to be eligible. 2 music shows already require promotion and attendance. 2 shows already have win limits. So, you already have music shows that fits your wish

• The music industry doesn't give participation or effort trophies, it gives it to the artist that did the best within the set criteria (or at least they should).

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• For all the people stating agreeing with the OP then what would be your criteria for winning a music show?

is it as I have said above group A must promote song X on that particular music show in order to win for song X?

ie do you think attendance is mandatory for a win?

• I feel that way too, smaller artists dont even get a chance to win, its just bigger artists. I dont get it, if your not gonna perform the song why still be entered to win. This is why so many groups dont even have a chance for a first win.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• They should perform AT LEAST once to qualify for a win.

Im a bit biased because I would like to see at lease one stage from one of those big time artists that tend to dominate even without attendance.

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• I feel that way too, smaller artists dont even get a chance to win, its just bigger artists. I dont get it, if your not gonna perform the song why still be entered to win. This is why so many groups dont even have a chance for a first win.

They should perform AT LEAST once to qualify for a win.

Im a bit biased because I would like to see at lease one stage from one of those big time artists that tend to dominate even without attendance.

Just so I can understand your positions better, let's just take the most straw man argument...

So without charting, YT views, album sales, recognition (Korean or international) you would disqualify Dynamite solely because BTS did not promote while CLC did ?

• This thread contains 55 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!