I don't think Blackpink will ever get a Daesang

• And I couldn't care less, lol.

I used to really want them to get a Daesang. That was one of the achievements that a successful Kpop star must have. At least to me. But now a Daesang seems like a small thing next to the international achievements they have.

There are several reasons why I think that: The lack of comebacks, BTS deservedly earns all the daesangs almost every year and makes it a lot harder to win it and even if BP could win, YG almost never sends Blackpink to an award show, which is also a problem.

Of course, I would love to see them win a Daesang. I'm pretty sure it would make them proud, but as fan it's almost irrelevant to me by now.

So I'm pretty sure Blackpink will go down in history as the greatest kpop female group of all time without a Daesang. :wellr:

I think the biggest achievement they have is still Coachella for me. How happy they were there. I would be happy if they were back next year. And somehow I even think that's YG's plan. Just like 2019. With a following world tour.

blackpink-coachella-2019-e1628150203742.jpg

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• You never know...2NE1 were also digital monsters and got a daesang (only #2 girl group to ever do that)

But then YG had a completely different relationship w/Mnet back in the day so & MAMAs were basically YG's playground sooooooo........ :eyes:

Idk as an ARMY & almost-Blink I feel bad now that my faves are getting in the one of my other faves

:sadface:

• Blackpink has already achieved so many things other groups could only dream of doing. A Daesang would be nice, but they'll still be a recognized and successful group without it.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• 2NE1 was also sent to award shows. I think that and the part with Mnet made it much easier.

no don't feel bad. BTS deserves EVERY single award. :pepelove1: I think the biggest problem is no attendance and no comebacks.

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• I'm glad you realize that. Awards are recognition of success in some measure - but it doesn't follow that the lack of an award means someone is not successful. Did the Weeknd not still have a successful year despite his lack of Grammy win last year? Queen never won a Grammy, does that make them any less legendary? Anyone who would call them failures for that is a clown. Just like BTS not winning the Grammy last year doesn't mean they aren't amazingly successful artists.

Awards and recognition will always be something to hope for, because after all, who would not like to see their work recognized? But it's not the be all end all.

Kudos!

• I'm glad you realize that. Awards are recognition of success in some measure - but it doesn't follow that the lack of an award means someone is not successful. Did the Weeknd not still have a successful year despite his lack of Grammy win last year? Queen never won a Grammy, does that make them any less legendary? Anyone who would call them failures for that is a clown. Just like BTS not winning the Grammy last year doesn't mean they aren't amazingly successful artists.

Awards and recognition will always be something to hope for, because after all, who would not like to see their work recognized? But it's not the be all end all.

Kudos!

Yeah, I think the Grammy thing is especially frustrating because they didn't win but deserved it more than anyone else. Weeknd and BTS.

I think just these two examples prove that we should not give so much importance to awards.

Edit: Btw your signature is so beautiful!

:pepelove1:

• Honestly itd be really cool to see them acknowledged in that way but I've accepted it doesn't matter and won't change much. Blackpink have pushed themselves into legendary territory and if people won't admit, it's really just jealousy at this point.

Also, I don't think there's a single group that gives less of a damn about their awards than Blackpink, so there's that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!