whats up with the "fox eye" trend ?

• why is it happening.....just why

for people who dont know what is is, its basically a trend where people pose or whatever and purposely slant their eyes to look like a fox's (they do it when they put on make up too)

examples

9610d1571a5d7265141ed0b10505a913.jpg

6 Different Ways to Wear Liquid Eyeliner  As with every makeup product out there there are multiple ways to apply a product. Liquid eyeliner is no exception. There are so many different ways to use it some you may have never even considered before. Take a look at these six different ways to wear liquid eyeliner!  1. The Wing  The first way to wear liquid eyeliner is the classic wing. Winged eyeliner is great worn alone but can also be added to any eyeshadow look. Winged liquid eyeliner makes any

here are some netizen comments :

racism isnt cute nor a trend

how is that racism?

the “fox eye” is trying to make your eyes look like asian eyes. when racist people mock asians, they pull back their eyes, like shes doing at the beginning of the video. shes even saying the “lifted look” its literally just trying to make your eyes look asian

how is making ur eyes look asian racism? people are doing that just for their own enjoyment, and makeup has nothing to do with people that mock asians :/

They aren’t making their eyes look Asian . It’s literally called foxy eyes trend lmao

The look itself is cool but the gesture is kind of unnecessary and is a lot like the gesture used to mock Asians. Also why do Asians get mocked for their eyes but the moment a non-Asian person does it it’s “cute”?

The makeup itself isn’t racist. Asians please correct me if I am wrong. But to actually physically pose and pull your eyes back is extremely racist and is mocking Asians. You have no right to say it’s nit racist when you haven’t been mocked for it your whole life. The fox eye pose is wrong. Period.

CLEARING THINGS UP. THE MAKEUP ITSELF HAS NO PROBLEM. BUT THE POSE Y’ALL ARE DOING BY PULLING THE EYES BACK IS SOMETHING VERY WRONG.

y'all can't if it's racist of not unless you've been through it before. All I know is that I've been mocked, and it's rly not cool...

Honestly all of this makes me feel really bad tho. I really liked the makeup but now seeing how they are kinda using it to mock Asians make me not even want to wear my makeup like that anymore. Gosh.

It’s not that’s she is making fun of anyone, yes she is just posing but the pose itself is what gives Asian people somewhat of a ptsd but not real ptsd but just memories of when they were made fun of by that gesture.

and people are still doing it likes its cute smh.......

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

saay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.comsaay icons | Tumblrsaay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

• Makes me wonder if people know what fox eyes actually look like hence the name...

Although I find it weird to automatically relate somethings to being racist though without context.

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover

• Just to Piggy Back off xWhisperx I honestly don't see how it's considered an act of racism towards asians

foxeyes.jpg664f9f0dbf53c14e4edf085d04844cb6.jpg

The way they move their eyes is pretty similar to this...I Personally don't feel it's anything towards Asians.

• Just to Piggy Back off xWhisperx I honestly don't see how it's considered an act of racism towards asians

foxeyes.jpg664f9f0dbf53c14e4edf085d04844cb6.jpg

The way they move their eyes is pretty similar to this...I Personally don't feel it's anything towards Asians.

its not the makeup look thats controversial it the gesture

saay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.comsaay icons | Tumblrsaay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

• its not the makeup look thats controversial it the gesture

I get that but the gesture is also reflecting the shape of the fox eyes so i don't really see how it's controversial to asians when the name implies what they are going for and as i showed you there the fox eyes are like that as well...so the gesture is also trying to recreate that look I just don't see it as for lack of a better word attack/diss towards asians...they literally are recreating the eye shape of a fox.

• The fox-eye trend actually was inspired by asian eye shape according to the surgeon who developed it. I see why some asians are apprehensive about the trend.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(idk how to embed tweets)

i want to be a part of your page
    i want to interfere in your story

• The fox-eye trend actually was inspired by asian eye shape according to the surgeon who developed it. I see why some asians are apprehensive about the trend.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(idk how to embed tweets)

I literally was trying to find that!!

It was legit made to mimic the same upturned feature that Asians have

It’s not racist in my opinion, because there are many people with eyes like that naturally who aren’t Asian - it’s actually pretty common...

Asian eyes most the time have the slanted upturned feature and that’s what is attractive, to try and emulate that is not a crime or racist in my opinion

Actually I want to get the fox eye for myself

My eyes are “Asian” but they don’t go upwards so I wanna do it (I’m not Asian - but I’m always confused for being Chinese/Japanese lol might take an ancestor test but anyways I digress.)

• I also think it is not racist dw, its just some asians dont like the gesture of pulling the corners of the eyes to mimic the "fox-eye".

It's so cool that you have that kind of eyes, i am asian but my eyes are more like almond shaped so yeah im kinda jealous ;(

i want to be a part of your page
    i want to interfere in your story

• Official Post

it's called fox eyes, not asian eyes. not all asians have slanted eyes, after all.

it's just a trend, and some women genuinely look better with trends and then adopt them as a daily look through makeup or even surgery.

it's a nice idea, to think many people are aware of racism and actively try to avoid it. ultimately, it's up to each person to decide where their boundaries for hyper awareness and concern can have a happy medium.

• ...? I thought this thread is about f(x)..

소엘가새 ✞ 리밍스피릿 로하로디 베럽이유 믿
    the-boyz-tbz.gif
    Tomorrow X Together

• As far as I can tell this isn’t racism. Neither the makeup or pose. That gesture can be used to mock asians but this isn’t one of those cases. Claiming this is racism is like saying dipping your head in a black paint jar to get a spooky look for Halloween is black face. Simply stretching out your eye a little to mimic a fox is not racism against Asians or mocking them in any way.

• I also think it is not racist dw, its just some asians dont like the gesture of pulling the corners of the eyes to mimic the "fox-eye".

It's so cool that you have that kind of eyes, i am asian but my eyes are more like almond shaped so yeah im kinda jealous ;(

Yeahhhh honestly I love Asian eyes, so I can’t even blame people for wanting to achieve that look!! If anything it will shut down all the people who think pulling their eyes being racist is funny when actually it’s an attractive feature so LOOOOOL

Yeah mine are like almond shape, but my eyelid is like tinyyy double lidded Asian eye?? If that makes any sense

And when I smile my eyes literally have that Asian eye smile :D love it

Never knew why some people made fun out of it :| it’s literally so cute

But yeh I want mine to go more up too!!!

• I see no problem if they just want to look like foxes. As long as they don't aim to look like an East Asian person

Boredom brought me here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!