whats up with the "fox eye" trend ?

• my opinion is that it can be racist. the gesture is racist and getting your eyes sergecly altered to a shape that asians get made fun of for is insensitive at best. however the eye shape created by the makeup is not exclusively had by asians, hell not all asians even have them. if the makeup look is explicitly made to be """"oriental""" than it's yellow face, but if its not there's no inherent problem

1601860532-20201004-suhyun.jpg~proudly presented by a humble humanoid commenter~

• I am asian and it kinda upsets me since asians all around the world are mocked and harassed over their eyes/facial features. People have mocked me as well and it just does not sit right with me that it is a trend now. I am not speaking of behalf of other asians but imo it is kind of racist and rude.

I agree

Not sure it’s inherently racist but I’m also East Asian and considering how often people in west have mocked me or friends for our eyes, and done the slanted eye gesture as a racist gesture that btw look exactly like what pp do in these pics, it’s absolutely ridiculous how this is now trendy

:aggressive slanted eye roll:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!