The double standard of responses to JK and V dating rumours.

• I don't mean any hate in the slightest as I love BTS but has anyone noticed the stark difference in response to both of these rumours? I can't help but think it's probably due to the social statuses of the girls which just feels super wrong to me. Like one was a tattoo artist, a regular job, very free type of image that doesn't go down too well in SK society and the other is a Chaebol heiress from a very wealthy and prominent family. It feels like one got hated and attacked on a lot more than the other due to the class difference. Which doesnt seem fair in the slightest. Especially as international army are being mature about it all, and yet during JK's there were disgusting trends.

It was awesome that Tae spoke out and told everyone to stfu and let him live but I feel like even before that, the response to her was super positive from Knetz, I read comments saying that she was very classy and had a good scandal-free image.

Again, no hate, I'm not a solo either ;( just new-ish to the BTS army. Don't care if he's dating her or not. Just trying to articulate what I meant to say in the least offensive way and get your opinions.

• I have seen people said that the CEO's daugther was receiving hate too unfortunately .

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That said, I don't doubt that in JK's case the girl was receiving even more hate for looking "unconventional".

• That's a real shame because no girl should have to fit into a bullshit beauty standard or class standard to pass the BTS dating test. And you have so many fans saying they want the boys to date regular, normal kind of girls but when a member is seen with one, the criticism is awful.

• it was not widespread in the international department like jk so I guess thats also a reason, but both of them received hate by immature armys sadly

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• That's a real shame because no girl should have to fit into a bullshit beauty standard or class standard to pass the BTS dating test. And you have so many fans saying they want the boys to date regular, normal kind of girls but when a member is seen with one, the criticism is awful.

We can't control what the k-side does. The i-side though obviously has different outlook for the most part. Welcome to AKP!

• I noticed this as well. But as some user here has said, I think it has more to do with Jungkook himself, than the girl. Tbh, most of JK's controversies blow out of proportion compared to the other members. I never get it. :-(

Seems like he has the most amount of antis among others (who most likely hate him out of jealousy).

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• The girl in taehyungs case relieved a lot of hate aswell but I understand where your coming from the reaction and the way the women were talked about was very different in both cases. It's not just sk but even on international forums. The tattoo girl received a lot of scorn for her appearance which is rly sad.

Desbundar

• I think people project their own ideals and envy on JK too much and as the youngest and the face of the band essentially, he isn't able to really fight back as he'd like to? I also think he's genuinely too nice and big hearted sometimes and is more of a letting things go type of person, he needs to get some grit and tell people to fuck off more lol, it wouldn't affect his popularity in the slightest, he's absolutely huge. It was nasty how they thought the tattooist was so beneath him, but that a chaebol is exactly up Tae's Street.

• I think its both because of the class difference of the girls and also Jungkook. Jungkook is the target of akgaes (well, every member has it but no one is targeted more than him).

I always feel like JK is held to a different standard than anyone. Even many fans feel too free to have a say on his choice, his life. I feel bad for him sometimes

• I agree that Jungkook's acquaintance received more of unecessary backlash because she looks unconventional.

The situation was different though. Taehyung's rumor happened in broad daylight in a public place so people don't really believe that he is dating her. Jungkook's photo with the girl was more private and happened in a tattoo shop in which he was backhugging her so more people were ready to assume that they were dating.

In both cases nobody deserved backlash. BTS can date whoever they want and it's not delulu fans' place to tell who is good enough for them.

8zf-yB.gif   

• Do you think he could actually be dating her though? I feel like a lot of his rage comes from the fact that the family might be worried if it's actually worth all the hassle.

• Correct me if I am wrong, but the way I remember it, the tattoo girl used this issue for clout. And the whole story was a lot more sus. I don't think this chaebol woman did the same.

no, she didn't. it was made up by fans.

Like RunOutOfIdeas said, the JK girl milked that situation and prolonged the attention

Tae’s situation, the girl just kept mum. And Tae even addressed the situation with Ugh and other posts saying his discomfort and disgust with the situation lol. He quickly nip everything in the bud.

So it’s different

how is she milking out from the situation? she literally lost her job fs bc of this stupid rumour.

I don't understand why fans want to villainize that girl so bad?

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Do you think he could actually be dating her though? I feel like a lot of his rage comes from the fact that the family might be worried if it's actually worth all the hassle.

I don't think he is dating her. I just feel like he got mad because there shouldn't be an issue about them being together in public. It's disrespectful and Taeh must have apologized to the woman for this "controversy". Poor woman.

• no, she didn't. it was made up by fans.

how is she milking out from the situation? she literally lost her job fs bc of this stupid rumour.

I still think she posted some weird things for clout. And the way the whole group there handled it made me think it was like a setup. I may be wrong but this was the impression I got.

• While Jk’s dating rumor was going around you could tell it was to damage his image. There was so many wild rumors going around along with the dating rumor and people making assumptions about him because his physical appearance was changing. Even today people think because he has tattoos and piercings he has to slip up once. The hate for the girl was definitely because she wasn’t conventionally attractive and there was also rumors she was spreading the cctv and that she was in a relationship. I’m glad that as far as I see Tae’s scandal was handled better.

• no, she didn't. it was made up by fans.

Why do you think we want to villanize that girl? You obviously heard differently and I heard differently. So we both don’t know what is the actual truth. Either JK was villainized or that girl. It’s probably an in between though. Who knows.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!