The double standard of responses to JK and V dating rumours.

• Do you think he could actually be dating her though? I feel like a lot of his rage comes from the fact that the family might be worried if it's actually worth all the hassle.

I don't think he is dating her. I think they are friends and he is upset that people were harassing her so much she had to take her business insta down just because they saw him standing 5 feet away from her. That's ridiculous.. In my opinion Taehyung has always been a ride or die type of friend, if he sees somebody messing with his friends/family he'll take action. He even yelled at his own friends when he thought they weren't being friendly enough to Jimin when Jimin transferred to his school.

• I noticed the reaction with the tattoo girl was very different. Even on this site people were saying vile things about her and looking down on JK because of his "weird taste". I was very disappointed at the comments I was seeing.

I think it mostly has to do with the ideal image of him they have in their heads. They project this image of a cute innocent naive "baby" that would only go for a conventionally attractive good girl or something. Most pictured him with a girl with a clean and innocent image like Tzuyu from Twice for example. So when his taste seemed so different from what they imagined and the girl was so far from their norms, that was the reaction we got. And it doesn't help that a lot of his fans are on the younger side.

Meanwhile the girl in the rumours with Tae seems more "acceptable" because she seems like an ideal woman the delulus can easily self-insert themselves into. She's a rich, successful chaebol who is more deserving of dating a bts member than a random tattooed girl. And she doesn't go against Taehyung's public image.

• Correct me if I am wrong, but the way I remember it, the tattoo girl used this issue for clout. And the whole story was a lot more sus. I don't think this chaebol woman did the same.

Yes too this day when still wanna know how did so many pics from that day leak and how did the media get there hands on a picture of the cctv monitor of a private business?

• I noticed the reaction with the tattoo girl was very different. Even on this site people were saying vile things about her and looking down on JK because of his "weird taste". I was very disappointed at the comments I was seeing.

I think it mostly has to do with the ideal image of him they have in their heads. They project this image of a cute innocent naive "baby" that would only go for a conventionally attractive good girl or something. Most pictured him with a girl with a clean and innocent image like Tzuyu from Twice for example. So when his taste seemed so different from what they imagined and the girl was so far from their norms, that was the reaction we got. And it doesn't help that a lot of his fans are on the younger side.

Meanwhile the girl in the rumours with Tae seems more "acceptable" because she seems like an ideal woman the delulus can easily self-insert themselves into. She's a rich, successful chaebol who is more deserving of dating a bts member than a random tattooed girl. And she doesn't go against Taehyung's public image.

I feel like it was also that JK being linked to someone so regular sort of shattered the his "unreachable" image and therefore sparked up a TON of comparisons between his fans and her so they were extra nasty. It's so weird though, and is just so reflective of this continuous thing that if a good looking man is around women who don't fit the beauty standard, the woman are the ones who don't belong. Like, he's a celebrity, not an untouchable god lol.

With this Chaebol, his fans can't really impact on her success and life as much as they'd like so they're forced to back down. I do feel as the dust settles, Tae might receive some lowkey backlash for that poison dart clapback post, it felt slightly too much for SK culture who don't like anything to project a bad image even though its fully justified cos these Internet warriors are crazy af.

• It's always been known that depending on partner's appearance and vibe fans will be more or less accepting. Tbh that's how fans in general are when their fave's partner isn't handsome by average standard, even western fans can go 'wtf she/he found in him/her?' and what to tell about obsessive fans of kpop idols especially Bangtan with their squeaky clean image and high expectations in fans' heads.

Situations also are kinda different. Kook was caught on very private occasion where he even hugging the girl. While Tae was caught on a public exhibition with tons of other ppl around. Of course, the first situation is more convincing. Plus tattoo girl overlapped with Kook's tattoo revealing so it was even going to narrative that girl 'had a bad influence on him'. So yeah.

Yeah some comments about Jungkook and the girl were nasty just because their appereance are not that common especially in Korea.

Some people made so many comments about Jungkook tattoos too and even some ARMY. I am glad that they stopped (ARMY at least) and are now defending him against antis.

8zf-yB.gif   

• these are very different situations

in jk's case a photo were leaked by some random person where he was hugging a tattooed girl (and that as we all know isn't received well in sk) and it overlapped with the fact that jk himself was getting lots of tattoos which again is a taboo in sk

in tae's case he was in a public museum with "normal looking" girl and her parents so yeah

and as many said the girl was still attacked by some k-fans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!