Strongest Korean Boy Groups on Spotify At the Moment

• This is my opinion based on stats that i've looked at and compared over time.

1. BTS - Well I don't think i really need to explain this one ^^

disclaimer: these next two imo are extremely close to each other and the ranking imo could change with each and every cb but this is my ranking after the recent cbs.

2. TXT

3. Stray Kids

Reasoning:

TXT and SKZ are close but I gave TXT the edge cause both their songs this year had higher peaks and peak streams on Spotify global 200 than SKZ's as well as being able to enter US Spotify Chart. Both SKZ and TXT have extremely strong bside streams as well.

Also gave TXT #2 cause atm... Loser=Lover is actually gaining more than Thunderous daily despite being released earlier. TXT also had a higher ML peak than SKZ (5.9M vs 5.4M)

As stated earlier, they are extremely close though.

4. EXO

Reasoning:

Have had constant charting on the Spotify global 200 and have the highest streams on global behind BTS, TXT and SKZ for BGs.

5. Enhypen

Reasoning:

Well they could potentially have the most streamed 4th gen group song in 2021 with a bside and charted on global with their 1st and 2nd cb's imprving with each. Will be interesting to see full album streams

• This makes sense - I assume it’s generational that 4th Gen groups are doing better than 3rd Gen groups (in terms of the people doing the streaming and the way media consumption has changed.) I get your logic on TXT over SKZ here but am curious about your rationale here: if EXO has the highest number of streams behind the top 3 groups, why aren’t they #4 in your list? While I get that Enhyphen has one song doing well and strong growth, it seems weird to me that one song would trump being 4th in overall streams?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This makes sense - I assume it’s generational that 4th Gen groups are doing better than 3rd Gen groups (in terms of the people doing the streaming and the way media consumption has changed.) I get your logic on TXT over SKZ here but am curious about your rationale here: if EXO has the highest number of streams behind the top 3 groups, why aren’t they #4 in your list? While I get that Enhyphen has one song doing well and strong growth, it seems weird to me that one song would trump being 4th in overall streams?

seconded.

Even though exo is past their peak digitally it looks like, they just became the 3rd kpop group have a bside hit 100m streams. That says something

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• seconded.

Even though exo is past their peak digitally it looks like, they just became the 3rd kpop group have a bside hit 100m streams. That says something

This makes sense - I assume it’s generational that 4th Gen groups are doing better than 3rd Gen groups (in terms of the people doing the streaming and the way media consumption has changed.) I get your logic on TXT over SKZ here but am curious about your rationale here: if EXO has the highest number of streams behind the top 3 groups, why aren’t they #4 in your list? While I get that Enhyphen has one song doing well and strong growth, it seems weird to me that one song would trump being 4th in overall streams?

Good point. My ranking is based is based on right now. So for example if EXO and Enhypen were to cb tomorrow at the same time, who would be more likely chart higher, and given Enhypen's growth with fever I feel that they likely would. Enhypen also atm have more MLs than EXO despite EXO having a cb more recently than them.

I hope that kinda explained my reasoning. However, that is just based on an assumption of their growth. So I can definitely see having EXO as #4 as well. I might change that in my OP and put #4/5 for those 2.

It all essentially depends on their growth in the end and if I have overestimated it (which we will see soon) than I will change my ranking to give each one separate rankings.

However, if i had to make a list of the strongest over their whole career than EXO would definitely easily be #2 given their consistent charting and album streams.

• Yes, I agree with this ranking. Its probably also a good way to measure international popularity of groups.

I would also add that looking at growth and potential theres 3 grouping within top 5:

1. BTS with an enourmous gap
    2. TXT/SKZ/Enhypen
    3. EXO.

Enhypen's comeback will show where they place now, but theyve had the most rapid growth on Spotify imo.

• I know the other commenter is looking to shade NCT, but I am curious where NCT lands? NCTzens are notoriously shitty streamers so but I seem to recall that NCT 127 made Spotify’s top 10 for most streamed Kpop artists for 2020.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I know the other commenter is looking to shade NCT, but I am curious where NCT lands? NCTzens are notoriously shitty streamers so but I seem to recall that NCT 127 made Spotify’s top 10 for most streamed Kpop artists for 2020.

In December we will know the results for 2021. Although it's already possible to know if you have the number for everyone.

• agreed. Enhypen is an anomaly so it's really interesting to see how much they have grown after fever. They have stable uls at 4m+ after all this time because of how much they blew up this year.

[INDENT] [/INDENT]

• Thought you'd say this. I accept it

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!