I have no problem generalizing fandoms

• And idc if ppl do it for EXOL. Not just that the same ppl who do it for EXOL pretend to be so offended when it’s their own fandom lol.

Anyway point being,

Why is all your self worth linked so much to your fandom name. Like this is so weird to me.

So what if someone says <insert fandom name> is problematic. Literally so what. Why does it bother you?

Anyway I’ll never stop generalizing fandoms. And idc. Whatcha gonna do about it :pepepizza: :pepe-hehe: :pepe-toast:

Now I don’t particularly remember if I too attached my self worth to my fandom at some point and felt defensive but I’ve decided that’s literally the silliest thing ever and give full permission to diss any fandom I’m a part of lol. Idc. :pepe-toast:

As a clarification this is referring to KPOP inter fandom fights. Oftentimes ppl outside of the kpop space like to use fandom to put down broader classes of ppl. For example teenage girls and that’s not the type of generalization I’m referring to.

• depends on how serious someone takes kpop me personally while im a fan of multiple groups i dont hold any particular feelings one way or the other about any of the fandoms. but some people take great pride in their fandom so its obvious when someone takes a shot at it with lazy generalizations it will annoy them. Overall i do think generalizations 90% are dumb and lazy but i also agree its something that you cant really stop people from doing.

• depends on how serious someone takes kpop me personally while im a fan of multiple groups i dont hold any particular feelings one way or the other about any of the fandoms. but some people take great pride in their fandom so its obvious when someone takes a shot at it with lazy generalizations it will annoy them. Overall i do think generalizations 90% are dumb and lazy but i also agree its something that you cant really stop people from doing.

right and I find those ppl kindda silly I guess. Maybe I was silly too at one point. But in retrospect it feels cringe af.

• flashback to when twitter peeps equated generalizing fandoms as problematic as racism

If your fandom is much your identity as your race and heritage, boy u got a problem there

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I would like to disagree. Just because you say you're part of a certain fandom doesn't mean everyone in that fandom thinks the exact same way. All fandoms will have toxic people, as well as nice people. Simply put, saying you're a part of a fandom, just means you like the group. And the same thing can be said the opposite way around. Not everyone in a fandom is peaceful either. Some opinions are overpowering and come off as self-centered. Putting everyone into this same bubble is not fair to those who aren't shoving the artist's songs down their throats or "forcing" you to believe certain things about the idols.

• All fandoms have problematic people, so I think most fandoms have been called problematic at some point. Who cares? Just care about how you perceive yourself as an individual and how you act and don't care about the collective, and how people see this collective. They don't see you as an individual, so why should you care what they think about a group you are a part of but that doesn't dictate or show who you actually are?

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the problem only arise if there is a certain amount of problematic people in a fandom.

so if the overall fandom is not big enough it doesnt matter how much of the fandom is problematic.

im sorry for telling you this but please dont hit me because its you who allways tells us how they are not popular enough.

:pepe-back-away:

They are so nugu

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

• All fandoms have problematic people, so I think most fandoms have been called problematic at some point. Who cares? Just care about how you perceive yourself as an individual and how you act and don't care about the collective, and how people see this collective. They don't see you as an individual, so why should you care what they think about a group you are a part of but that doesn't dictate or show who you actually are?

WORD.

I would like to disagree. Just because you say you're part of a certain fandom doesn't mean everyone in that fandom thinks the exact same way. All fandoms will have toxic people, as well as nice people. Simply put, saying you're a part of a fandom, just means you like the group. And the same thing can be said the opposite way around. Not everyone in a fandom is peaceful either. Some opinions are overpowering and come off as self-centered. Putting everyone into this same bubble is not fair to those who aren't shoving the artist's songs down their throats or "forcing" you to believe certain things about the idols.

You are kind of missing the point. Who said I had the same opinion as my fandom. I said I just don’t care if others think all EXOL are “toxic” it has no effect on me. Why do you care so much if someone says your fandom is toxic?

• You are kind of missing the point. Who said I had the same opinion as my fandom. I said I just don’t care if others think all EXOL are “toxic” it has no effect on me. Why do you care so much if some says your fandom is toxic?

Because they're not toxic, just some people pick one bad apple and form their whole bias around that experience. No full fandom is truly toxic in my opinion.

• Because they're not toxic, just some people pick one bad apple and form their whole bias around that experience. No full fandom is truly toxic in my opinion.

Lol. I don’t think you get it. It should not matter one way or the other what ppl say about a fandom. I don’t care if ppl think they’re angels or if they think they’re problematic. Fandom is not an identity.

• Lol. I don’t think you get it. It should not matter one way or the other what ppl say about a fandom. I don’t care if ppl think they’re angels or if they think they’re problematic. Fandom is not an identity.

But to some people, it is, especially the people who say kpop saved them. All I'm trying to say is some people take generalizations personally.

• Agreed. Context is important. For me saying EXOL are stupid or toxic does nothing.

But if ppl say girls who stan BGs are silly. I get more offended. Basically I don’t attach identity to my kpop fandom name as much as I do to say gender/race/etc

• i didnt expect any less from an exol tbh

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Isn't generalization what all of us do? Or, at least, most of us. We are always saying "Or stan twt are this", "AKP users are that", "Reddit users are I-dont-know-what", even through there are plenty of nice individuals in every fandom and website, we are still generalizing. You just can't escape generalization everytime. Sometimes It's just to not make rants too long if you are being too especific lol

But, as It was said, context matters a lot. For example, you are in the middle of a discussion about social issues. You spent hours defending your point of view and your judgment. Then someone, out of nowhere, comes and say all the EXO-L in the thread are being racists, bullies, misogynists etc, just because one or two from your fandom may have been, and you don't feel you fit that description, but they indirectly involved you in the generalization. I think you have the right of being offended and defending yourself, because It's offending your morals.

• Isn't generalization what all of us do? Or, at least, most of us. We are always saying "Or stan twt are this", "AKP users are that", "Reddit users are I-dont-know-what", even through there are plenty of nice individuals in every fandom and website, we are still generalizing. You just can't escape generalization everytime. Sometimes It's just to not make rants too long if you are being too especific lol

But, as It was said, context matters a lot. For example, you are in the middle of a discussion about social issues. You spent hours defending your point of view and your judgment. Then someone, out of nowhere, comes and say all the EXO-L in the thread are being racists, bullies, misogynists etc, just because one or two from your fandom may have been, and you don't feel you fit that description, but they indirectly involved you in the generalization. I think you have the right of being offended and defend yourself, because It's offending your morals.

Hmmmm it won’t. I will call out the EXOL who were racists and not spend time attacking ppl who were calling out the racism by generalizing.

• This thread contains 71 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!