Toxic People From Fandoms Are Not A Good Excuse To Hate On An Group/Sololists And Leave Fandoms

• I hate it when people use the "their fandom is toxic" card as a reason to hate on someone. I literally had to privately message a person on the home page today because they kept on hating on BTS and Army and used "armys are toxic" card to bash on them. I don't know if people are just ignorant, uneducated or just plain stupid. Using a fandom is not an excuse to hate on someone.

I don't care if a few random people on twitter from that fandom said some stupid things. It ain't an excuse to hate on them. I mean, is it the artist's fault that some people from their fandom screwed up? No! And the worst part is when they expect them to call out their fans. Like what the hell? Are fans artist's babies or something? Since when did this become a thing? You can't expect a person to take care of a baby that isn't theirs. I learned that lesson before I was in kindergarten. These people go off about how fandoms are so toxic yet them generalizing whole fandoms shows how toxic they are.

And lets not get into those ex-fans that now hate on their ex-faves and left the fandom because they saw a few people on twitter. I understand if you unstan a artist because you don't like their music anymore but because of their fandom? I have question for these "fans". Did they stan the artists or the fandom? If you don't like some of their fans then don't go on social media. Simple as that.

Before I came on this website, I had never once interacted with any fans from the same kpop fandom as me and I did that for almost 5 months(not including the months I was interested but did not stan) and for western artists that I stan? I still haven't talked to any of them that are on the internet(I have been stanning Ari for almost 4 years now). If you truly enjoyed an artists music then you wouldn't need to interact with the fandom. Basically like I said before, using the fandom is toxic card is stupid and ignorant.

Thank you for reading my ted talk.

• Official Post

It's 100% okay to leave/disengage from a fandom if you feel like there is too much toxicity. In fact, I wish more people would do that. More people need to call out the shitty things their fandoms do and stop giving them the support.

• I agree. Even to stop supporting a group you like just because of a "toxic" fandom seems like such a "follow the leader" kind of thing to do and is something worth me losing respect for someone over.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• I believe it’s justified to leave a fandom if certain fans are toxic and negative. I’ve done it myself and don’t think it’s very noble of a fandom to behave that way.

• I think it's okay to leave the fandom because of this. I've seen people say they don't want to say they're part of the fandom but still like the idols, music, etc. or like their embarrased to call themselves a member of the fandom because of the toxic members of the fandom.

It's not okay to hate on the idols at all. It's not their fault.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!