K idols/soloists who's careers lasted for over a decade? Current idols whom you think will have the same longevity?

• Which is the safest bet 12

1. It girls/cf queens like hwasa/jennie (6) 50%
    2. Actor/actress like jisoo/eunwoo (4) 33%
    3. Soloists/actors/actresses from bts, twice, bp(if they choose) (1) 8%
    4. It boys like Kang daniel/bts maknae line (1) 8%

Usually groups/soloists don't last that long but there are some that maintain consistent success like the IU, Rain, Lee hyori, Suzy types. Their popularity hasn't dipped much in sk.

This can include cf queens, actors, actresses, soloists. Anyone. Just those who are still active and maintain somewhat the same level of success.

The same goes for idols who you think might have the same longevity.

For me off the top of my head in sk I feel maybe it girls/cf queens like Jennie/hwasa or it boys like bts maknae line or kang daniel or actor/actresses like eunwoo or jisoo or maybe the soloists/actors/actresses that will emerge from twice, bp or bts(if they choose to be) might be a safe bet. There's demand for these 3, especially bts but it's wholly upto the idols if they want to pursue it or not.

Desbundar

• Hmm... I could see any of these working out. I guess with the members of Blackpink, BTS, and TWICE, they already have a huge following that they could maintain the momentum of with a solo career, so I picked that option.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• SJ Eunhae - they've been a sub unit for ten years and are still rocking with hits and albums. They're the best duo in K pop imo and still have what it takes. Oppa Oppa is the first song of theirs I heard and is still my favourite along with Growing Pains. They're like the rest of SJ and have that longevity.

• Yoona has been in the acting industry for 13 years (started in 2007, breakthrough in 2008) and still going crazily strong with 5 projects in line for 2021/2022, the only one I can see having this level of stability in acting is D.O. He debuted as an actor in 2014 and his record for his 6 active years(2014-2020) is impressive af I have no doubt he will last a long time

I would love to see Jisoo and V blossom as actor/actress but if YG & Bighit continue to pull them back it is not a guarantee that they will become a household name in the acting industry.

My safest bet for someone to have a IU,Hyori or Taeyeon career longevity would be Jennie IF she continues to make solo music. I don't really see anyone else getting to her level in this generation and I don't think Hwasa would last that long as I really can see her being Hyolyn 2.0 if she ditch what she has now. Also Rosie might have a great shot if she starts to make songs in Korean or recording OSTs

Thats from what I see lol

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• People saying D.O but I think it's Baekhyun. He is doing really good in his solo. D.O only venture in acting few time, but you already can see he is slowly decline with his solo when Exo not really active that much. It's good but for someone who his fans said has power of Gp, it is doing not really well. And I pick BTS rapline compare to maknae line. Maknae line's popularity is no joke but you must wait until they're dating to see who actually there for their music or only their visual. As the rapline, they're good at making connection through their music, featuring other artists's song, composing or producing the songs. And for Bp, I will pick Rosé. From all bp's solo so far, her solo received the most attention and praised. And we can clearly see her love for music and how many artists even from the west want to collab with her.

• Depends.... Like snsd isn't disbanded but taeyeon is still successful and I think miss a disbanded but Suzy is still successful.

Ah, I see !

I think all BTS members have the potential, but I agree that the maknae line needs to be more involved in the creative part of their work if they want to last as soloist once their idol phase will be behind them. I think that's what they are doing, slowly ( they were more involved in BE for example ).

But maybe they'll do something else, and chose to work in a different sector of the entertainement industry ( I could see JK makes movie, Jimin having his fashion line or V being a MC or even making stand-up he is so effortlessly funny ). Possibilities are endless lol.

• Considering how easily she broke records, it's not hard to imagine Lisa having a long solo career. Problem is, I don't see YG letting her.

I also think if acting works out for Jisoo then it could be a good long term career for her.

• Almost impossible to say,..

Who would have guessed that the finkl girl with an attitude would go on to become one of the most beloved celebrities in korea still today, in large part because she turned to be extremely good at variety shows? That the cute little sister singing good day, with a overwhelming majority of her fandom consisting of older men, would become the biggest domestic artist with a majority of her fanbase being young women ...

Looking back at any given period who was at the top, how many are still there today? The members of what used to the biggest groups back in the day, whose members are still active today in some capacity, are now mostly c-tier celebrities that get invited on to tv shows because of what they did 10-20 years ago, not because of what they are doing today. I don't see it turning out much different for most of the popular groups currently active.

If theres someone currently active that will be the equivivalent of hyori/suzy/iu in 2030, its probably somebody thats not on anyones radar currently.

Edited 2 times, last by Kreatin ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!