Kpop stans will never take nct seriously if they still keep doing ads for first day even after 5 years since debut

• All their global sales are amazing but their global digitals don't impress me bcs of ads on first day.

SM are the only big company using ads for first 24 hours. The reason behind them doing it is obvious but it needs to stop now. I wanted to see the actual hype of nct now on youtube but sm is not saving money at all when it comes to ad views. I know the defenders will say " stop whining it's just promotions blah blah it's fine" no it's not. It would be fine if they were some new group like aespa that needs promotions but they have been in kpop for 5 years now. All I say is do the promotions after first 24 hours if they really want it that badly. JYP have stopped doing ads for their groups in first day so i hope sm realises that the sooner they stop, the better it will be for their groups. This is coming from someone who just wants to find out the actual popularity of nct on youtube no hate.

• It doesn’t mean anything to do ads on the first day or second stop making up arbitrary rules lol.

The true measure of popularity are the views you see after six months or even one year and how steady that is.

Nah, meausure of popularity is not base on the views after six months or more lol.

Some MVs get hype up views in even solely one month and then people stop streaming, I’m telling you this as a Latina. We go crazy for 2 or 3 months and then the MV barely gets 600k daily.

Some hits spent a long time getting high views but some other hits as well lose the hype.

All their global sales are amazing but their global digitals don't impress me bcs of ads on first day.

SM are the only big company using ads for first 24 hours. The reason behind them doing it is obvious but it needs to stop now. I wanted to see the actual hype of nct now on youtube but sm is not saving money at all when it comes to ad views. I know the defenders will say " stop whining it's just promotions blah blah it's fine" no it's not. It would be fine if they were some new group like aespa that needs promotions but they have been in kpop for 5 years now. All I say is do the promotions after first 24 hours if they really want it that badly. JYP have stopped doing ads for their groups in first day so i hope sm realises that the sooner they stop, the better it will be for their groups. This is coming from someone who just wants to find out the actual popularity of nct on youtube no hate.

Back to OP, SM don’t give a fuck neither tons of kpop labels. The reality is Music videos views don’t have the same impact since 2018.

Music industry is now focus on Spotify and Apple Music. Kpop is always years behind, in the whole streaming era more than a half of the industry is struggling to even get in the top 200 on global Spotify.

• Just like how the world doesn't take Kpop seriously because fans repeat playing the MV like crazy to increase views. Ads at least are real people views counted even though it's from a promoted pop-up video, not personally searching for it.

lt64IYu.gif

• Interesting

did you not know? Its pretty obv bc there isnt a chance in hell Dreams hot sauce actually got those views organically lol

Tbf Ateez also uses 1st day ads, tho its pretty embarrassing to see fans brag about view count while willfully ignoring what the youtube chats show, esp for fans who mocked jyps ad usage while their favs now use more ads then they ever did l

• did you not know? Its pretty obv bc there isnt a chance in hell Dreams hot sauce actually got those views organically lol

Tbf Ateez also uses 1st day ads, tho its pretty embarrassing to see fans brag about view count while willfully ignoring what the youtube chats show, esp for fans who mocked jyps ad usage while their favs now use more ads then they ever did l

Tbh my previous comment was an attempt to be selfmate and get free akorns :shyy:

I’m neutral about the views because they are not my faves, but about mocking JYP’s groups while their faves are doing it is kinda funny. But very on brand for kpop stans lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!