Be honest blinks, do you want Blackpink to end their contract with yg by 2023 or not?

• Ngl, part of my heart want them to out from Yge as fast as they can. But, I know a lot of blinks seems disagree with the idea. Of course we all still want to see them as a group but at this point, yg seems cannot manage their talent and popularity well. I also have no idea what will happen to bp after their ngg debut.

• im fine with them sticking with YG so as long as they're happy

To be honest I dont think the girls themselves like to be overworked (neither of being kept in dungeon). So as long each of them have some kind of works in between music releases, I am fine with them taking breaks between releases.

Im very used to western artists whereby they take even longer to release album. So im still okay with 1 album a year, not like I dont have other things to listen to

And let's be honest, most groups tend to lose popularity once they leave existing company. And no guarantee that they all will stick together after leaving YG. High chance that Lisa will go solo while Jisoo focus on drama. Rosé will go down that self-produce/song writing artist route while Jennie will continue be IT girl. I rather have them stick as a group in YG (Just like big bang) and in between music releases, do their own stuff / have freedom to venture into anything they want to.

• It’s like a abusive relationship. Best to end. I am sure each girl with do their individual thing and be successful. They are doing everything right now to carve this solo career. Lisa is gonna be the next Jennifer Lopez. A triple threat. Loved by all.

• The problem is Yge, will they let the girls do what they 2ant or not. Members of iKon drop the hint that kinda shade yge where they're not given freedom to venture into what they want. The treatment received by 2ne1 also shown how yge kinda gatekeeping their artist. I just hope they can finally treat their artists well. With the possibility of the ygngg next year, bp's fate looks more unsure.

• Another point to consider, once the members leave YG, they have to be able to snatch a BIG company deal that is willing to give them huge budgets for MV, performance sets, clothing etc etc

Fans tend to forget that YG has relationship in the indsutry to have those sponsors incoming, and it will be harder to get those once you go solo / independent / another smaller company. No to mention the distribution channels, productions budget.

Be prepared for lower budget MVs, lower budget sets, shortage of albums (fashion wise probably wont since they are embassador of brands). Notice 99% of the artists that left big labels will suffer a drop in budgets. It will be WAY HARDER to book promotional slots, both S.K and overseas.

• The problem is Yge, will they let the girls do what they 2ant or not. Members of iKon drop the hint that kinda shade yge where they're not given freedom to venture into what they want. The treatment received by 2ne1 also shown how yge kinda gatekeeping their artist. I just hope they can finally treat their artists well. With the possibility of the ygngg next year, bp's fate looks more unsure.

Fron what i see, BP already gotten more freedom than all groups in YGE except bigbang. The girls are free to have endorsement and attend events. These are so limited for 2ne1 back then. Also, the girls can have a say in their solo, participate in design, choreo and creative input.

Am not defending YGE in anyway cause obviously they are not the best, but it is delusional to think BP members have no say at this juncture. You can clearly see the difference between the girls vs 2NE1 back then and iKon/winner.

To me, BP are like Bigbang now. They have high bargaining power. Big bang members were given plenty of rooms to venture into other things. Seungri had his business, GD free to do high fashion and solo, taeyang get married without interference. Cant see why YG couldnt allow them to do these. It is all being negotiate at the point of contract renewal. The girls wouldnt renew if YG doesnt give them the freedom

• I have a question though. I think 1 or 2 yrs ago didn't YG register the trademark name "Lalisa" and "Lisa"? Does that mean if ever Lisa didn't renew her contract in YG she cant use her Lalisa and Lisa as her stage name?

• I am indifferent. Now they are like a MARVEL group. Every each member holds so much power that they could continue their succees whether they are with YG or with somebody else.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!