One of the factors of BLACKPINK’s success that music critic Kim Young Dae thinks…

• One of the factors of BLACKPINK’s success that music critic Kim Young Dae thinks…

One-of-the-factors-of-BLACKPINKs-success-that-music-critic-Kim-Young-Dae-thinks-scaled.jpeg

Music critic Kim Young Dae explained that it is BLACKPINK’s image that has helped the girl group to get to the top. He further elaborated by saying, “They have powerful swag and an extravagant, luxurious image. These are the things that brought the girls to become a sort of a role model for K-Pop fans regardless of the country or background.”

He further explained, “BLACKPINK clearly expressed this and depicted this aspect since their debut. Not only in music but in fashion and visuals as well. The girl group has used the added values that came from those aspects as the group’s identity. They strengthened their luxurious image by collaborating with famous fashion brands. This gave birth to the BLACKPINK we know – the most luxurious and fashionable image.” cr

original post: theqoo

1. I agree with him

2. Good songs, beautiful choreography, beautiful looks and perfect image, so it will be a big hit

3. But first of all, the members have good skills. They sing, rap, dance and live well…

4. BLACKPINK is a perfect group in every way

5. He’s right, BLACKPINK has a very classy image for meㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. I think YG is good with that stuff

7. Plus, synergy is promoted because their skills are good. If they didn’t have the skills, they would never be as successful as they are now

8. The artist’s image is so important, BLACKPINK has been so good at building up their image since their debut

9. Yes, they really do have that wannabe image that everyone wants to be like

10. To be honest, BLACKPINK is unique. I don’t think there will be another group like BLACKPINK in the future

• wow so much love for bp. But it makes me sad that people don't give credit to their music. Their music is the biggest reason of their success their image has merely helped the cause.

• For real, their image is really perfect to an idol group. They live so well and "quietly" that when you see them achieving things you just think: "oh, deserved! They are a hardworking group.".

Their image was really well built, but it was really thanks to their personalities too as they always showed how professional they are. And their talent obviously, you need talent to be at the top.

• wow so much love for bp. But it makes me sad that people don't give credit to their music. Their music is the biggest reason of their success their image has merely helped the cause.

Is a package. Kpop are not just music, it is an experience of music, visual, performance, fashion and personality

• What made me noticed blackpink at first was their western style music. When I first got into kpop it was hard to differentiate between all the fan service boy crush girl groups. But then I listened to Blackpink and I was like "Who is this?!?!?" I think Blackpink made it cool to not cater to guys in a boy crush kind of way. Sometimes us guys like a little bit of attitude as well. Of course, I am just saying this as a male blink.

• What made me noticed blackpink at first was their western style music. When I first got into kpop it was hard to differentiate between all the fan service boy crush girl groups. But then I listened to Blackpink and I was like "Who is this?!?!?" I think Blackpink made it cool to not cater to guys in a boy crush kind of way. Sometimes us guys like a little bit of attitude as well. Of course, I am just saying this as a male blink.

Agreed,heard a lot of kpop before blackpink but then their songs started coming to the spotify playlist and I was like damn what is this group. I could clearly hear four distinct voices and couldn't help but jam to their songs. So I'm always confused when people say the reason for success are the brand deals? I didn't even knew what the girls looked like when I discovered them.

• Agreed,heard a lot of kpop before blackpink but then their songs started coming to the spotify playlist and I was like damn what is this group. I could clearly hear four distinct voices and couldn't help but jam to their songs. So I'm always confused when people say the reason for success are the brand deals? I didn't even knew what the girls looked like when I discovered them.

Yeah just like most kpop newbies, I had my spotify on a general kpop channel (k-pop daebak), and the songs that got ingrained into my consciousness were boombayah, whistle, as if its your last, stay, playing with fire, DDD (exid), Mic drop (I honestly thought it was a T-pain song by how westernized it was with the autotune), Some (Bol4), Heroine (Sunmi) and love scenario (ikon). I had no idea that Blackpink was the author of 75% of songs I was hooked to, lol.

I had no idea I'd be obsessed with Lisa nd Rose's look AFTER I spent months listening to them blindly on spotify.

Their music captivated me long before I knew what they looked like.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!