When I see comments about Lisa's underperforming debut and then I see this

• The song is absolute trash and the mv +styling was giving 2012 nicki minaj/rihanna but there's not denying that her release is successful

wow, nobody here asked about your opinion about the song. Sorry, that was so unnecessary. It is okay when you don't like it but this is a thread about her success so no reason to mention it.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• I think that people have overhyped Lisa's international popularity to the extent where it does seem like she's underperforming. I say this as an OT4 blink who supports them all...but hasn't loved either of the solos this year. Lisa not performing spectacularly on Korean charts is no surprise considering how SK treats SEA idols, but her Spotify numbers being worse than Rosé's is interesting considering how she's supposed to be so much more popular internationally. At this point, not even sure if she can chart on US Hot 100 at all...which BP has done with every title track since 2017. After Lisa's solo, I think that the gap between BP members is not as big as people make it out to be and while Lisa is definitely the most popular female idol globally her members are not too far behind, particularly in the west.

At the same time, I do get that Lisa is facing more competition with Drake and Kanye both dropping recently and points being up across the board. Honestly, BP has disappointed me twice this year with their solo releases which is why I might seem like I'm being pessimistic or overly negative. I just want the solos era to be over so we can have a group cb

Please. Lisa easily broke records for a female album and beat out all soloists for YouTube views, not just her members.

The Spotify thing is because her search was conveniently messed up for hours. Clearly nothing accidental about that.

So sick of fake Blinks like you and your fake concern. Always bringing up popularity in Korea because she is number 1 everywhere else. None of you are slick.

• And also she is going up against DRAKE AND KANYE AT THE SAME TIME! Lol. and STILL doing great in the u.s.

Please tell me if any other kpop acts aside from probably bts have gone up against such heavyweights who were competing for the #1 spot at the same time?

As others have said also she has beat every female soloist in other most other countries so and her album clearly wasn’t made with South Koreans in mind. Yg aint stupid.

• I only care about Kcharts for the most part, they're the most fun to track. Tons of charts, updated in realtime, got physicals and digitals to track, it's entertaining.

That being said, i dont blame Lisa or Teddy or YG for her flopping in Korea so far.

I blame my fellow Koreans. No way in hell can you tell me that if Jennie or Rose had released the exact same song and video, that the Kcharting wouldnt look 10x better. Lalisa is literally CLASSIC BP SOUND, it is in every respect a BP song, produced by the same crew that produced 99% of their previous songs. How it's doing this badly on the charts while HYLT and LSG are on their way to 900M+ Gaon points, is something that can only be explained by two things, and one of those things makes Koreans look REALLY REALLY bad.

Rose peaked at #3 i think behind only IU or Brave Girls or Dynamite on Melon. If Lisa doesnt match this or come close....terminator2.gif

• She is killing it internationally and in sales, just Koreans are not streaming her song that much, at least not yet.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• i seriously don`t get what kind of expectiations some ppl had that would satisfy them, if she is a flop most of the kpop idols are too

Well people hold blackpink against different kind of standard, WBK.

Just like how some AKP called Butter and PTD flops when literally these songs outdo 90% of the kpop songs. And some called Alcohol Free a hit when it barely stay on top10 and called OTG a flop when it stayed on top10 for longer and peaked higher. So conclusion is people hold certain idols to different standard, and should be glad when Blackpink are being held to such high standard

• It is doing well. Some people just had way too high expectations for her and are projecting their disappointment.

Honestly, it is mostly akgaes angry she did better than their faves, such is this fanbase.

She was always going to do the best numbers so I don't get why they are so salty. They all did well.

• The song is absolute trash and the mv +styling was giving 2012 nicki minaj/rihanna but there's not denying that her release is successful

But nicki and Rihanna are queens :pepecute:

I actually think it’s an honor that you compare them to her lmao-

Anyways, that’s your opinion and you’re more than allowed to have it!

At least you aren’t down playing her success, and realize she’s doing amazing!

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

• Honestly, it is mostly akgaes angry she did better than their faves, such is this fanbase.

She was always going to do the best numbers so I don't get why they are so salty. They all did well.

I dont think it's akgae that got angry.

Most likely haters of BP as always.

Most blinks already expecting Lisa to pull the best international numbers, it is not even a bit of surprise. The so called "constructive criticism" that haters have been giving are exactly the same they gave to every single BP releases

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!