When I see comments about Lisa's underperforming debut and then I see this

• I mean... where is this underperforming? I didn't expect it to hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, but apparently some haters did?

Sorry but I only see successes. Maybe her US debut won't be as successful as Rose's, but why are we now suddenly using the US as a standard for success? This is a SOLO DEBUT and Lisa is doing GREAT.

And South Korea? No wonder. Zero promo and the fact that Lisa is the least popular member there certainly adds to it.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• She literally outsold all female soloists, and beat the views for any soloist.

It was bad enough people calling Chaennie flops, but Lisa is doing even better and they say it. She had way less promo too...

• She literally outsold all female soloists, and beat the views for any soloist.

It was bad enough people calling Chaennie flops, but Lisa is doing even better and they say it. She had way less promo too...

yeah but suddenly the korean charts seem to be the most important and the standard for a successful debut. I mean she is doing great in every fuc****** country in this world but suddenly south korea seems to be the most important.

I don't want to know what they will say if she won't debut in the hot 100...

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Maybe it bc of kchart

It's funny knetz are making it seem like they have never been racist toward her like their comments suddenly disappear

They keep talking like bp don't need her so she should leave as soon as her soll era is over, let her go to a country that don't discrimate her (and they better not call her a traitor like they do to every foreign that leave)

• yeah but suddenly the korean charts seem to be the most important and the standard for a successful debut. I mean she is doing great in every fuc****** country in this world but suddenly south korea seems to be the most important.

I don't want to know what they will say if she won't debut in the hot 100...

This forum always flips about the importance of kcharts. When their faves flops on it doesn't matter and go on to brag about international numbers that aren't even half of Lisa's. The only thing they can drag lisa about is kcharts. Album sales, Spotify, yt r out of reach.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• It’s because US and Korean charts matter for a kpop artist especially one that is released to suit the BB chart ie Friday release.

Tbh I think she’s done ok but not doing better than Rose (current prediction) is what many are basing it on under performing. I didn’t follow Rose but her US streams were better and but she got playlisting.

• It’s because US and Korean charts matter for a kpop artist especially one that is released to suit the BB chart ie Friday release.

Tbh I think she’s done ok but not doing better than Rose (current prediction) is what many are basing it on under performing. I didn’t follow Rose but her US streams were better and but she got playlisting.

She is doing the same as rosé, her Spotify streams for the second day are a little above her but rosé didn't face the competition she is facing internationally

• I think that people have overhyped Lisa's international popularity to the extent where it does seem like she's underperforming. I say this as an OT4 blink who supports them all...but hasn't loved either of the solos this year. Lisa not performing spectacularly on Korean charts is no surprise considering how SK treats SEA idols, but her Spotify numbers being worse than Rosé's is interesting considering how she's supposed to be so much more popular internationally. At this point, not even sure if she can chart on US Hot 100 at all...which BP has done with every title track since 2017. After Lisa's solo, I think that the gap between BP members is not as big as people make it out to be and while Lisa is definitely the most popular female idol globally her members are not too far behind, particularly in the west.

At the same time, I do get that Lisa is facing more competition with Drake and Kanye both dropping recently and points being up across the board. Honestly, BP has disappointed me twice this year with their solo releases which is why I might seem like I'm being pessimistic or overly negative. I just want the solos era to be over so we can have a group cb

Lisa was never popular like the other girls in South Korea. She is well known, but you can't compare that with the others (especially Jennie). Solo's are another matter and I doubt YG considers k charts important for Lisa's solo. Otherwise she would have much more promo there. And that doesn't mean her solo is underperforming. To be honest this is what many Blinks expected to happen. Strangely enough, it seems to be all the more important for non-fans.

For Blackpink the worldwide market is much more important. Not only the US.

Lisa is the biggest artist internationally and this solo confirms that. Yes, the US is important, but the competition Lisa has, Rose didn't have. Drake and Kanye West are the biggest stars and of course they make it all much harder for her. I think this situation wouldn't be so easy for a world star like BTS either, who are a different league. Not to mention Lisa has almost the same streams as Rose. Worldwide, Lisa's solo is incredibly successful.

This is only a solo and not a Blackpink comeback. Many people seem to forget this.

• I think that people have overhyped Lisa's international popularity to the extent where it does seem like she's underperforming. I say this as an OT4 blink who supports them all...but hasn't loved either of the solos this year. Lisa not performing spectacularly on Korean charts is no surprise considering how SK treats SEA idols, but her Spotify numbers being worse than Rosé's is interesting considering how she's supposed to be so much more popular internationally. At this point, not even sure if she can chart on US Hot 100 at all...which BP has done with every title track since 2017. After Lisa's solo, I think that the gap between BP members is not as big as people make it out to be and while Lisa is definitely the most popular female idol globally her members are not too far behind, particularly in the west.

At the same time, I do get that Lisa is facing more competition with Drake and Kanye both dropping recently and points being up across the board. Honestly, BP has disappointed me twice this year with their solo releases which is why I might seem like I'm being pessimistic or overly negative. I just want the solos era to be over so we can have a group cb

No it is the assumption that general popularity translates to musical popularity thats not necessary. Lisa is still many folds more popular but Lisa does a lot of things dancing modeling reality TV and people may like her for those things more.

Lisa's youtube views were much better than Rose's and her worldwide iTunes performance is better than Rose's as well. I agree that Spotify and Apple Music are below Rose's, but not that much and we can't forget that Rose's song was in English and Lisa's is Korean. That's a big deal for non-fans as well.

I also don't think the gap between members is particularly large. I just think Lisa has more SEA fans than the others, but when we talk about western fans, in my opinion, they're all about the same standard (maybe small differences), which makes me very happy. I do not like it when members of a group have large popularity differences.

I personally think that the solo are compared way too much with the group comebacks. In my opinion, it is not at all possible to achieve as much with the solo as with the group songs.

• I live in the U.S. I already bought Lisa's album on KTown4u. Now I'm going to buy it again on ITunes. I'll do whatever I can to help.

I wrote a long-ass paragraph about charting but deleted it because I really don't know what works or doesn't work. I think Lisa will promote in S Korea in the weeks ahead. The big holiday there is holding up some promotions, but I think she'll chart better there after that.

• I live in the U.S. I already bought Lisa's album on KTown4u. Now I'm going to buy it again on ITunes. I'll do whatever I can to help.

I wrote a long-ass paragraph about charting but deleted it because I really don't know what works or doesn't work. I think Lisa will promote in S Korea in the weeks ahead. The big holiday there is holding up some promotions, but I think she'll chart better there after that.

I just want Lisa to chart in the Hot 100. I think she deserves it even when I think it isn't a sign for a successful debut or not. I don't care if she debuts high or not. The competition is so big ;(. Thank u for doing what you can <3

• My main takeaway is that when you put Rose and Lisa's achievements together you can see how Blackpink is unbeatable right now. Despite everything.

Because the other - sadly - is that there are a shocking number of Blackpink OT1's, OT2's, OT3's and fake OT4's and they are doing everything they can to sabotage LS1. I don't think any other group in K-Pop has a fanbase that actively tries to sabotage the group members. Only Blackpink.

It happened with RS1 too. Imagine how powerful both debuts would have been if the whole fanbase got behind them. Or at least didn't try to get in the way...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!