Queendom's performance again shows why long hiatus ≠ a big start to a song

• Red Velvet came back after 1.5+ of hiatus, a top 3 3rd gen gg no less, and they havent even hit top 5 melon daily during the first week, under a supposedly more favourable melon system.

The song will for sure rise when the promotions start and it could still end up as a hit, but it shows how little hiatuses matter to a song's performance at the start, unlike what everyone thinks

• The songs pretty popular, I mean, It's nothing show stopping, but its doing pretty good, not the best, which could explain why it's not such a big hit.

request naruto gif | WiffleGif

🐸 ☄️𝒩𝒶𝓇𝓊𝓉𝑜 𝒰𝓏𝓊𝓂𝒶𝓀𝒾 ☄️🐸

• i mean on one hand, RV has not been consistent digital monster so I dont expect them to top the chart

But yea, hiatus not equals to great success. But i do think that the long hiatus for wendy and irene to comeback actually helped the song to chart high initially on realtime and top100

• As for hiatuses, of course there's the possibility of a boost and raised interest, depending on how promotion is handled and capitalizes on it - but people shouldn't expect miracle wonders from it.

I mean, whether enough people really like a song still plays an important part of how a song charts too, and of course how many people are exposed to a song or gave it the chance of multiple listens.

That said, Queendom isn't doing that bad at all, Queendom topped higher on Melon chart than most other groups and is still hovering at #4 in Instiz iChart, their album sales are close to 200k in hanteo already even with their album going 'out of stock' straight from the first day, and when it comes to brand recognition, the RV members are currently high on those rankings too right now.

• relax Irene is already back in top 5 of girl group member individual rank :evil:

and Joy is 3rd.

the more searches, and articles, the more people will check their song

• They break their sales record right?

I really hope it proves my last year theory about physical sales. I feel like someone owed me an apology

:yesr::yesr::yesr:

i don't think their increase in sales was because of their hiatus. kpop grew a lot over the past 2 years and every girl group (except mamamoo and twice) started selling a lot more. even rv's sub-unit album sold a lot more than their previous full group releases so it was obvious their next proper album was going to sell a lot more.

• What was your theory about physical sales? :whatb:

If you have more times between comebacks, the fandom can save more money to buy albums. While it sounds logical if you think about it, surprising amount of people didnt buy the thought at first.

:wellr::wellr::wellr:

• If you have more times between comebacks, the fandom can save more money to buy albums. While it sounds logical if you think about it, surprising amount of people didnt buy the thought at first.

:wellr::wellr::wellr:

Sort of makes sense, although I think it's only up to a degree.

In this case, I think the fact that practically all groups have seen a doubling and more in their album sales compared with their sales pre-2020, due to the fact of overall K-pop growth, might actually play a larger role.

Wendy also has 180k album sales with her 'Like Water' album, which is already more than RV's highest pre-2020 sales, and the same for Seulgi & Irene's album sales in 2020 and Joy's album sales that have been fairly impressive for individuals.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!