I AM AGAINTS KPOP COMPANIES DEBUTING UNDER AGE IDOLS

• beyoncesvt

Changed the title of the thread from “I AM AGAINTS KPOP COMPNIES DEBUTING UNDER AGE IDOLS” to “I AM AGAINTS KPOP COMPANIES DEBUTING UNDER AGE IDOLS”.
  • Same. Companies and fans got stuck with the idea that is normal for kids to debut, but that was easier for them in the past when there was no social media and so much exposure and hate. It's such a bad idea to debut a kid whose brain is not fully developed or not even close and expose them to such a cruel world full of hate and stress, and also put them under strict diets and hectic schedules.

But companies prefer to debut underage girls because they can easily put them on a cute concept without looking pathetic, but we all know that this kind of concept is the passion of some grown-up men witch is so gross.

• same here.

we shouldn't underestimate young people and give them fair representation. but there can be some exceptions where they are exploited and that is never okay.

"

‘The East Light’ Was Beaten With Baseball Bat And Tortured With Guitar Strings Tied Around Neck For Almost 4 Years "

must have been 13 or 14 years old at the time when the abuse began.

• okay but on a serious note I think children in entertainment is a very icky subject. On one side of the equation kids need representation or they'll look up to adults on TV and start behaving in ways to emulate an adult lifestyle without knowing, and on the other side there's this increasingly more toxic environment for child entertainers that isn't being dealt with by anyone. There's also child labor.

So yeah, overall children in entertainment bad.

With this I agree :yesr:

• As Underage currently in South Korea is defined as 20 years old (recently changed and international age). That would really change the demographics.

• whilst I understand where one is coming from I respectfully disagree and especially for female idols

female idols (whether one likes it or not) have a time limit to promote as an idol

how many GG have all their members resign after first contract expiry? not many

how many female idols promote as a group after 30? you could probably count with one hand

and of those who many are somewhat successful? that's a rare unicorn...

therefore debuting early and young means you increase your chances of making a name for yourself/your group...and more time to earn money whilst one is young...

Wonyoung from Izone, had she had a seven year contract, would have completed her first contract before Irene from RV even debuted...that's an entire contract's worth of potential earnings

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!