K-POP idols should never debut if they are under 18

• period, let's just cut the bs.

Parents must force them not to debut, it's impossible not to be sexualized in this industry and from now on I will not directly support any idol under the age of 18. And let's not forget how overworked these minors are going to be. Kpop companies are just feeding pedophiles this way by debuting minors.

Instead of demanding useless things from companies why can't kpop stans unit together and stop this from happening again in the future.

• Why just apply this to kpop? Why not every country and every industry? Acting, sports, modeling...

• with all due respect I disagree...

first I'll only talk about female idols and not male ones...

for GG they have a shelf life...

1. look at the amount of GG who (all members) renew post 1st contract

2. look at the amount of GG who actively promote music (let's say once or twice a year) as a GG over 30

then of those look at the ones that are somewhat popular or earn enough money to support themselves...

probably count that number with one hand?????

thus idols especially female idols need to debut young in order to max the time they have to promote to work to earn a living...is it right? is it correct? well that's neither here nor there since it is what it is...

an example would be if Wonyoung from Izone had debuted in a standard GG with a 7 yr contract then she would be younger when she completed that contract than Irene did when she debuted in RV...that's equivalent of a entire GG contract's earning period to Irene...

• That would be ideal, but sadly the entertainment industry don't work like that. What you said could even be applied to young actors and we know that's not going to happen.

• I dunno man. Being an idol is a mostly short lifespan, especially for women. After 30 things get a bit harder as younger groups become the trend. So it's best to maximise the time by debuting a relatively young age.

Same applies to other fields, particularly sports. In the Olympics we're seeing 15, 14 and 13 year olds pick up medals and they've done just as hard a job training as idols do if not more so; some leave behind their families and countries at a young age to chase their dreams.

• this happens to male idols too. I can't forget the comments on YouTube that were sexualizing NCT dream and no one batted an eye because they are a boy group.

I dunno man. Being an idol is a mostly short lifespan, especially for women. After 30 things get a bit harder as younger groups become the trend. So it's best to maximise the time by debuting a relatively young age.

Same applies to other fields, particularly sports. In the Olympics we're seeing 15, 14 and 13 year olds pick up medals and they've done just as hard a job training as idols do if not more so; some leave behind their families and countries at a young age to chase their dreams.

Why do some people assume 18 is old 😕 at 18 your life just started now. only pedos think that way. Are you are implying kpop companies make a buck off of feeding pedophiles!! ?(

• this happens to male idols too. I can't forget the comments on YouTube that were sexualizing NCT dream and no one batted an eye because they are a boy group.

Why do some people assume 18 is old 😕 at 18 your life just started now. only pedos think that way. Are you are implying kpop companies make a buck off of feeding pedophiles!! ?(

like I said I'm not that knowledgeable about BG so I'll trust your opinions on that one...

my point was that debuting female idols young means they have more time to earn the money in their relative short careers as idols...

• Why do some people assume 18 is old 😕 at 18 your life just started now. only pedos think that way. Are you are implying kpop companies make a buck off of feeding pedophiles!! ?(

Where the fuck did you get the pedo implication from my post? I only said starting younger means you can have a longer career. That it fact. Exact same thing happens in sports to an even bigger scale like I mentioned.

Have you got certain thoughts on your mind for any under 18 because my post contained nothing related to pedos....

If you want to talk about companies profiting off pedos then you as a kpop fan should know that's because majority of kpop fans themselves are young and into young idols. I mean people are already getting hyped over underage trainees for future groups. Kpop companies are giving fans what they want and making money in the process

• I would have to disagree with these. I will use the idols' and their families perspective here:

If you are under 18 years old and debut with a kpop group, that means you are basically challenging yourself and see if you and your groupmates are capable to make a living out of kpop industry. While at the same time, finishing your highschool degree. This basically means you have a backup career path compared to some of their older peers who have to make or break in the industry, dropping out of school.

Of course there is pros and cons of debuting below 18 years old, working as an idol while going to school, etc

I am basically saying more options for idols is always good. Imo.

:wellr::wellr::wellr:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Where the fuck did you get the pedo implication from my post? I only said starting younger means you can have a longer career. That it fact. Exact same thing happens in sports to an even bigger scale like I mentioned.

Have you got certain thoughts on your mind for any under 18 because my post contained nothing related to pedos....

If you want to talk about companies profiting off pedos then you as a kpop fan should know that's because majority of kpop fans themselves are young and into young idols. I mean people are already getting hyped over underage trainees for future groups. Kpop companies are giving fans what they want and making money in the process

You are talking about something completely different, that's not the point of the thread so WTF :pepeshut:

• Y’all gonna have to learn at some point to accept the fact that it’s never ever ever ever ever ever happening. And quite frankly, it don’t need to

Even if idols don’t debut until they’re 18, they still gotta go thru rigorous trainee processes so it makes no real difference other than more hectic schedules and publicity

And it’s not like the trauma from the idol industry becomes immune to you just cuz you 21

I say if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

• You are talking about something completely different, that's not the point of the thread so WTF :pepeshut:

I provided a counterpoint with a legitimate reason why it might be acceptable or at least understable to have under 18 idols and you ignore it. Other users said same/similar things. I even explained why kpop specifically chooses young trainees (because of kpop fans) but you ignore that too. It's immediately back to sex and pedo crap. What is up with you?

I mean if that's the only thing you think about when you think about underage kids, kpop or otherwise, then frankly I'm thinking you should be on a list....

• period, let's just cut the bs.

Parents must force them not to debut, it's impossible not to be sexualized in this industry and from now on I will not directly support any idol under the age of 18. And let's not forget how overworked these minors are going to be. Kpop companies are just feeding pedophiles this way by debuting minors.

Instead of demanding useless things from companies why can't kpop stans unit together and stop this from happening again in the future.

I believe there is a certain rule in entertainment industry which allows minors or young people to be working (if they wish) for limited hours and they even have curfew rule (on and off time, bedtimes etc.) that constantly being applied for those group of people. Apart of being sexualized which i had no idea about, in term of their working hours and capabilities, there is not much concern.

• I don’t know about kpop but one sports coach said they train them as kids early to get their muscle memory active. Maybe the same reason may apply here. Even if they are debuting at 18, they will obviously need to train earlier than that and work hard

True I don’t agree with sexualization of minors. If they debut them as minors, they should treat them like minors

• Agree. I mean it' still a young age but I think many idols who debut with 15/16 are missing something.

I've seen a lot of idols talk about how they didn't have much of their youth, either in passing or directly. You have to remember that these idols debut at 15 or 16, but of course they also had a training period before that, which in most cases goes 2-3 years. So that means school, training, school, training. You can't speak of youth there.

While many don't say it, I do believe that some do regret it.

With an official debut age of 18, these idols would still be young, but would have had more of their childhood. Above all, I think that at 18 you already have more of an idea of what you want for the future than you do at 15.

Since I doubt that such a thing is feasible, I hope at least that at some point there will be more laws for the protection of such young idols.

I don’t know about kpop but one sports coach said they train them as kids early to get their muscle memory active. Maybe the same reason may apply here. Even if they are debuting at 18, they will obviously need to train earlier than that and work hard

True I don’t agree with sexualization of minors. If they debut them as minors, they should treat them like minors

What you say is right. I don't know who said it, but either a director of YG, SM or JYP once said that trainees are much more teachable at that age.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Another thing is, even if they did go by a 18 age minimum, they’d go by the Korean age system. So those 16/17 internationally would still be debuting, so it’s pointless either way lmbo

• This is such a debatable topic. I agree with you to some extends but still they spend their youth in the right environment where it guarantees them works, talents, capabilities and many more opportunities in the entertainment industry. I am so glad that they spent their youth on training which is something that could potentially build them as a person rather than something that could really damage their future. Many young people nowadays spend their youths on drinking, consuming and gamblings. Training make them who they are today, if not they could be entirely different person from what we know now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!