Korean ent.companies should stop debuting vietnamese groups

• The history of korean managed Vpop groups has been terrible. Vietnam had three: TAS, LIME and last year D1verse. The latter was a special case and one I had really high hopes, after seeing a lot of failures. They were under Rbw, a mid-size korean company, and the expectations was very high. Being promoted on 1thek with their predebut show, it caused a lot of buzz within vietnamese Kpop fans. But their debut MV was so cheaply made, I would almost call it a insult against Vpop music standard. And they haven't been active since August 2020, meaning most likely disbanded quietly.

I'm starting to think these korean companies that are debuting Vpop groups do not have their heart and will to make them successful. I think they do it because it's a part of the Korea's ODA assistent to Vietnam. ODA is a form of aid money, and we know many Kpop companies are sponsored by the korean govt. By saying they wanna create a vietnamese group, they may get subsidiary support aka money to do it. If that is the case which I believe it is, then it need to stop. It's a waste of time, money and vietnamese skills.

If SM ever debuts NCT-SEA including Vietnam, I'm gonna be carefully optimistic. I was burn so many times before, and D1verse crushed all hopes.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, it sucks what happened to D1VERSE, I am not optimistic they're coming back, which is a shame, because I see the members seem to have a lot of potential :( I wish there was a produce series in Vietnam like in China and Japan, but idk how to make that more likely to happen

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!