Is it weird to stan a group that is younger than you? (poll)

• Is it weird to stan a group that is younger than you? 68

The result is only visible to the participants.

Is it weird to stan a group that is younger than you? Why or why not?

• No. If I could only stan groups that were my age or older than me I'd be stuck in the 2nd gen forever.

I'd miss out on so many great personalities and content.

:crys:

sameeee

I could never stan anyone in the 4th gen if I could only stan my age or older LOL

~ ω

• No. It's not weird.

Music is simple... As easy as connecting with it. Music is about enjoying with the senses, it's natural to connect with certain music. Your ears won't care who is singing, you just get into it. It doesn't matter the age. Someone can be younger than me and be a phenomenal artist. Why should I stop myself from being a fan?

Music is art , it doesn't age, it shouldn't be limited to only certain generations.

Also... Inside of each person lives an inner child ,an inner teenager, an inner young adult. Music can be the opportunity to let these parts of our self to just be without restrictions.

A lot of people stop listening to younger artists cuz they feel that they might be marked as "childish" "immature""creepy"...but, is it mature to block your music taste??? That sounds like killing yourself and your right of enjoying. That sounds as living under repression about something that won't hurt anybody. Oh, yeah...

Common... It's not like you are going to harass the artist just by listening to their product . It's just supporting their music. Why stop from supporting people younger than us?

Of course this is based mainly on music, not visuals. I know in Kpop the visual aspect might be more important and that can create certain controversy, but I guess as long as you are respectful with the ones who are younger than you when you refer to their visual it won't exist any problem. I know society can misunderstand someone older giving compliments to someone younger , but if your intentions are harmless ,based on admiration I don't see the problem. :S

• Only if they are way younger and you only stan them for visuals or something like that or else it's fine.

If you're 60 or 16 you like what you like and if it ain't harming no one that it can't be wrong right?

Agreed. I was once told that I couldn't have Yuna as my bias in Itzy because she's underage. Yuna is my bias because of her hard work, her personality, and her talent. None of that has anything to do with her age. What that other person told me says a whole lot more about them than it does about me.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I think it's weird how often I see people asking if fans are planning on giving up kpop in the future. It's just like any other musical genre to me and these artists are like any other artists (though we get more access to them through kpop marketing). Why would I be planning on giving up music? And yeah, the aesthetics are a thing in kpop like most pop culture, but as long as you aren't infringing on the idols, I don't think it's harmful to appreciate the aesthetics from afar. Just make sure you differentiate stage persona (which is acting and meant for entertainment) and their personal, private selves which should always be respected.

• They're all younger than me, so........

I mean, its music, not Tinder! lmaooo

:D I've actually met a few stans who probably wish it was Tinder. lol I mean, people who really had a goal that they might be able to meet and get with their bias someday/somehow and actually would seek out advice on how to do it. It's an interesting mindset to say the least.

I don't have that particular fantasy and I'm old anyway. Besides, I enjoy my faves' public personas. I wouldn't want to ruin that by meeting them and possibly disliking something about them. I met an actor once from one of my fave tv shows and he was rude. It kinda made me not want to watch his character much after that, which sucked cuz I really liked that show.

• :D I've actually met a few stans who probably wish it was Tinder. lol I mean, people who really had a goal that they might be able to meet and get with their bias someday/somehow and actually would seek out advice on how to do it. It's an interesting mindset to say the least.

I don't have that particular fantasy and I'm old anyway. Besides, I enjoy my faves' public personas. I wouldn't want to ruin that by meeting them and possibly disliking something about them. I met an actor once from one of my fave tv shows and he was rude. It kinda made me not want to watch his character much after that, which sucked cuz I really liked that show.

How we perceive them is often different irl! thats fo sure! I mean, I'd love to take a pic with Rosé, Yoohyeon or even I.M for that matter! But that would be the extent of my "meet and greet" ambitions! :-P I stan their musical talent, first and foremost. The looks are just bonus points imho! :-P

• I only stan based on music so I don't think about the age factor. Even my biases are chosen because on how much I like their musical ability.

If someone stanned based on how physically attracted they are to a member and the member was underage, it would be, but otherwise I don't think it's a big deal. People can stan for all kinds of reasons beyond sexual/romantic attraction.

• Underage idols are a no from me. For one I don’t like that there are under age idols in the industry. And I cannot bring myself to get over that.

Esp everything about kpop feels so manipulated and forced so to add kids to that mix. It just feels meh.

Like they have to do fan service and be this way from a young age and that turns me off.

Beyond 21 or early 20s ish I think age doesn’t really matters for most things. So while I’m still in my 20s now but even if I’m 30 or 40 I don’t think I’ll have a problem following people older than 21 in the entertainment industry.

But I just cannot objectively look at people younger than that and appreciate just their art without also thinking about all the bad in the world.

Ofc I can just casually bop to things but I cannot follow them.

• THIS :pepelove2:

• How we perceive them is often different irl! thats fo sure! I mean, I'd love to take a pic with Rosé, Yoohyeon or even I.M for that matter! But that would be the extent of my "meet and greet" ambitions! :-P I stan their musical talent, first and foremost. The looks are just bonus points imho! :-P

Exactly, I stan for music. Liking their looks are fun (especially to talk about and bond with other fans over), but just frosting. And honestly, while all idols are pretty to look at on my computer, I don't think I'd really find most of them personally appealing in real life (even if they were age appropriate). The outfits and dancing and stage persona is fun though.

• I'm actually against underage idols debuting as well. I wish that they would hold off debuting until they hit majority and can appreciate what they are signing up for. Plus, it seems like the companies still want to objectify the idols even when they're minors. Ugh. And signing a seven-year contract that completely takes over your life seems like a lot for someone that can't even legally drink yet.

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!