Who has the worst/cheapest music videos: Red Velvet or Mamamoo?

• ? 20

1. Red Velvet (5) 25%
    2. Mamamoo (15) 75%

So, the two very best 3rd gen GGs have something in common: a bunch of tragic and cheap music videos

but who has the worst treatment by their company?

Red Velvet? Who had awful music videos such as Queendom, Umpah Loompa and Rookie?

Mamamoo? Who had hideous music videos such as Yes I am, Gogobebe and Aya?

• how is Queendom cheap I can under rookie and Umpah x2 but queendom looks nice

it isn't as bad as some of their past music videos, but i was expecting something waaay better considering the long hiatus

if you compare queendom and next level you clearly notice a massive money gap

• My favorite music video in kpop looks like it was shot by the members and edited in Movie Maker.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I tend to think too much money and sophistication is boring with MVs. They all take on this exceedingly "commercial" look and feel. They lack a certain character.

It's what happened to kdramas.

They were better in the old days when there was less money involved and they weren't all shooting for Netflix deals.

• My fave Kara song ! Sunghee I think is her name? Was an amazing main vocalist I bet she could had rivaled Taeyeon had she stayed in music industry.

• i agree that this kind of self-shot mvs are better but kdramas now are much better than older ones especially with the plots. There are some really good old kdramas but on average kdramas now are better

• i agree that this kind of self-shot mvs are better but kdramas now are much better than older ones especially with the plots. There are some really good old kdramas but on average kdramas now are better

I prefer the old ones and their plots, on average. I think they've become overly polished and produced.

I miss kdramas of old.

They had a raw do it yourself melodramatic quality and certain simpler charm. That wasn't trying for prestige or "filmic" like sophistication.

Counterintuitively. In my opinion the more international respect kdramas get the worse I think they get. They become more like international films and shows. And thus ubiquitous.

Kdramas were magical for me because they embraced what they were. Rather than trying to be "like the other guys".

I compare it to my preference for Westerns made in the 30s, 40s & 50s to those that came later.

The later ones often have higher budgets, greater sophistication, greater realism and perhaps complexity. Some might say they benefit from all the advancement in filmmaking that came as the industry matured.

But they don't compare to the old ones to me. For all their advancements and alleged improvements. They miss the magic of old.

Long story short. I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Haha.

• Oh wow hehe I love this

this is so budget

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh wow hehe I love this

this is so budget

That's actually a pretty cool music video! Lol.

• Low budget doesn't always mean bad but Mamamoo MVs made by Zanybros could've been so much better. Their storytelling and visuals aren't very creative.

They did amazing with Wind Flower, idk why they couldn't do more of that.

The gap in quality is clear compared to their more recent MVs made by Hobin Film like Maria, LMM, Water Color, WAW. It's not just about the budget, but the directing and production.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!