Girls Planet 999 EP 1 Review Part 1

• So I'm watching the episode and pre-edited performance, How it goes is that I watch the episode, when it's time to perform I watched the full performance on Youtube frst and then rewatch the performance in the episode. This is so I can have a clearer idea on how the full performance is like because some performances are probably cut shorter or edited.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ok XiaoTing is actually really good, also she almost give me a bit of an Eunbi feel being the mother of the group. Is it me or the rapper really look like Han Chowon. The main vocal, honestly I don't think her voice is the problem just that the song is out of her range. And I'm actually rooting for the rank 33 she's definitely not a rank 33 even though she is bit shaky.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Performance feels a bit rough, barely noticed the white and blue shirt girls. The red shirt girl was hm..she got a fair bit of lines but it was shaky. Yellow shirt girl actually did pretty ok I feel? Bit shaky but those parts are hard to pull off and the song is actually pretty high. Teal shirt girl was obviously the best, even her last part which might be prone to voice crack (falsetto to chest voice transition) and she knows how to transition to a falsetto probably knowing she might find it hard to hit the higher parts (Sana's so lovely part), she did it well she's very stable.

Ok this group is actually pretty good but WHAT THE ACTUAL FK IS WRONG WITH MNET. Like this is what we call a real evil edit the part where Mnet edited the hit note make it sound like she fked up but if you watched the full performance you barely noticed it. Like they replayed that literally 0.1 sec part for what? Just to highlight that 0.1 sec of shaky-ness? This group did well fk their edit. Also the second girl is actually really good.

What can I say, they are REALLY REALLY GOOD. They have this cutesy vibe before the performance and suddenly bam serious mode on and they came for the kill. This song is also pretty hard because of the dance and they were really stable. The best performance so far. Like the other trainees know they are fked. Their facial expressions were on point as well especially the first girl that rapped. I'll definitely look out for them in future episodes.

Is it me or the duos are doing really well because this was pretty good too. They are stable and their facial expressions kept me smiling. Like I was literally singing the entire song from start till end (yes I know the entire song <3) Like the pigtail girl's smile is so infectious she gives me a bit of Jooe vibe and Mashiro is so pretty wth. JYP's loss really. Also, the way the claps were so loud because you can hear their clapping from the mic.

First solo act. I think she's ok? She did well considering she's by herself but bit shaky, like I could see her doing well with more practice on singing and dancing at the same time. Ok but wtf, I watched the full performance and went back to the episode they literally showed like 3 SECONDS OR SO OF HER PERFORMING the injustice wthell.

Poor thing another group that got massively cut but I guess I can get why they cut it. It wasn't that memorable like I didn't really noticed anyone until the girl who sang the second half of the chorus, but her high note at the end wasn't that well done. It's hard to really root for anyone in this group, when if you watch the episode they literally got barely any screentime

Ok you can't do this to one of the biggest song last year. The vocals weren't that good like that one girl couldn't stop cracking her voice like I really wanted to give her a cough tablet or something I know I sound shady but it really is that. The thing is I feel they aren't good with their falsetto and they keep not being able to sound good in it, like maybe they could have tried singing it in a high chest voice instead because they keep cracking like really CONSTANTLY. Shouldn't have done this song they couldn't pull off the vocals. I keep seeing encouraging comments in the comments section but no it's just bad. And Mnet edited away all the bad parts to make them look good and the judges gave them good comments wthell?

Like they edited the bad parts away to make them look good, while Black Mamba performance was so good but they HIGHLIGHTED THAT LITTLE TINY WEENY MISTAKE and made a big deal out of it. I don't know wtf is going on with the editors

A BP song that are some hard shoes to fill, and they did great. I can totally see why the rank 1 is ranked 1 she was so good. I mean we all knew how disastrous the J-line was in Produce 48 Boombayah only Chowon did good so to see them doing so well in this performance was really refreshing. Wait they actually played clips of the Produce 48 Boombayah LAWL MNET SO MUCH FOR NOT MAKING ANOTHER PRODUCE BUT USE A PRODUCE CLIP IN YOUR NEW SURVIVAL SHOW ANYWAYS. The first rapper was actually really good. Other than a tiny voice crack there isn't really much to critique about this performance.

Before this we had the J group No.1, so of course I'm curious to see how the K group No.1 is like and they even have No.2 in this group as well. I have to say this was one of the best performances this episode. Da Yeon's rap was really good and she did that jumping around and sound so stable like the original singers/rappers weren't even jumping around the stage. And the adlibs were really well done as well like some of those adlibs weren't even sung live by the original singers

Now I have one complaint how is it that the No.1 and No.2 rank didn't go up and get the sticker? Like are they lacking stickers? Is MNET trying to save the environment? I don't know what the judges were smoking it's probably some high quality shit to not give all 3 of them a sticker.

:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

What do you guys think of the performances?

• Koreans are already mad and pointing out that Masters were too harsh when judging Korean trainees...

but in same time they miss the point when 'Crazy' group got 4 stickers so it was obvious that they can't do the same here.

And honestly from maknae group I will rather give them two stickers but give three stickers to 'Popstars' group.

I think it will be better if they go on with performances and just say some words, and then after all performances reveal who got a sticker. like tudududud from group 'Black Mamba' two, from group 'Fancy' one... etc.

and after revealing how many members from each group get a sticker then Jingoo would reveal who was the lucky one to get it, this would make things more dramatic

• You put the wrong video where you commented the Kick It performance, that one and the Popstars were my favorites, and the girl that was singing the Crazy prechorus was so good.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• Meh, I didn't feel the K/DA performance. I agree though that Dayeon and the girl who's 2nd are skilled, but idk, something felt lacking? Especially in comparison with Hikaru (1st from J group) and Xiaoting (1st from C group)'s performances. But ngl, I was also surprised that they didn't receive the sticker.

Perplexed by the way the girl from Black Mamba performance was robbed, just for a small voice crack that was barely noticeable. :rolleyes:

• Meh, I didn't feel the K/DA performance. I agree though that Dayeon and the girl who's 2nd are skilled, but idk, something felt lacking? Especially in comparison with Hikaru (1st from J group) and Xiaoting (1st from C group)'s performances. But ngl, I was also surprised that they didn't receive the sticker.

Perplexed by the way the girl from Black Mamba performance was robbed, just for a small voice crack that was barely noticeable. :rolleyes:

For K/DA, I also agree. They dinged K01 and K02 not for skills but for charm...their facial expressions are lacking. If you look at the YT video, the main vocal sang her adlibs really well.

It's a good lesson, I'm sure they'll work on it and start cleaning up later.

I was happy to see good Japanese talent...showing that the Produce 48 results were representative of AKB48 and not Japan. There's some serious talent...a girl who didn't make it into Itzy?

I thought the Chinese talent would show better, but there's another episode of auditions. I wasn't too surprised that the singing was off, because I could definitely tell Chinese survival shows auto-tune their performances. YWY is particularly egregious in this regard. Perhaps they have a harder time singing in Korean in general.

That said, I'm sure there's plenty of less-trained talent that will surprise us as the show goes on.

• I liked all of them, but I think allot of these girls don't realize that the Public isn't going to judge them based on their dancing (unless they fall over or something) so they should pick songs to showcase their Vocals with easier dances

Because everyone can dance choreographed routines nowadays with enough practice (everyone being those with professional aspirations to be Kpop Idols)

• I liked all of them, but I think allot of these girls don't realize that the Public isn't going to judge them based on their dancing (unless they fall over or something) so they should pick songs to showcase their Vocals with easier dances

Because everyone can dance choreographed routines nowadays with enough practice (everyone being those with professional aspirations to be Kpop Idols)

Actually that's me too, like I wasn't too fixated on the dance unless it's atrocious I was listening to their vocals more and their overall vibe of the performance

• Only 9 make the final cut, and I heard it might even have to be 3/3/3 split between Korea, China and Japan

That is Gonna be a lot of Heartbreak either way

Between the Introduction Vidoe's, solo performance video's, photoshoots and now these stagesI really like atleast 30 of them already

• The K/DA group is really good skill wise but i don't feel anything from watching their performance, even from the girl who got top 9. I think out of the three #1s, Hikaru is the only one who's really intense both in charisma and skill wise. Xiaoting, same with Dayeon, i don't feel pulled in by her charisma or talent too.

tumblr_n4lezfrjlZ1tuvbmzo1_400.gifv tumblr_n4lezfrjlZ1tuvbmzo9_250.gifv tumblr_n4lezfrjlZ1tuvbmzo6_400.gifv tumblr_n4lezfrjlZ1tuvbmzo2_400.gifv

Edited once, last by Elbereth ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!