Am I the only one that prefers awards base 100% on data?

• The one with the highest number wins end of the story, no one is allow to cry or complain. Specially when the data is public such as Gaon where you can see the Album sales and digital points.

That’s why for me Gaon Chart Music Awards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In that award show attend or not you are winning anyways if you have the numbers just as simple as that. Even if the artist or label have problems the possibilities of rigging the results is almost impossible.

• I prefer those too. Everything is open and less messy that way. Though it has the disadvantage of leaving out smaller artists even if they have great music.

• I prefer those too. Everything is open and less messy that way. Though it has the disadvantage of leaving out smaller artists even if they have great music.

But even in the Award shows that count many other stats and considerations smaller artist are not big winners anyways.

KMA is the only award show that mainstream artist barely win.

• But even in the Award shows that count many other stats and considerations smaller artist are not big winners anyways.

KMA is the only award show that mainstream artist barely win.

KMA is full of failed musicians also known as music "critics". Also egghead music professors teaching music instead of actually succeeding in making music. These edgy pretentious hipsters are no good for choosing the best music.

Better to do it like the Grammys, where you are judged by your peers, PROFESSIONALS who have actually produced and created music, performed music, and promoted and marketed music. Just get a blue ribbon panel of industry professionals, former idols, producers, songwriters, directors, choreographers, coaches, etc., professionals who have proven success in their respected fields. They should be the ones choosing award winners.

• The one with the highest number wins end of the story, no one is allow to cry or complain. Specially when the data is public such as Gaon where you can see the Album sales and digital points.

In that award show attend or not you are winning anyways if you have the numbers just as simple as that. Even if the artist or label have problems the possibilities of rigging the results is almost impossible.

I respect Gaon for this, also GDA.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

YAAS! THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR SO LONG. EVERYONE'S MUSIC TASTE IS DIFFERENT So what is the point of giving out awards based on "quality" when everyone's gonna have different opinions.

• Because music is an art, not a sport. Art can't be quantified, it's that simple.

If you want to reward artists just on the basis of numbers then you haven't understood a thing about art. And the awards currently are already heavily influenced by the popularity of bands and songs. International fandoms are also increasingly intrusive everywhere.

• I respect GDA.

I like GDA type of award show. I take award shows as an acknowledgement for the musician's work. They acknowledge top 10 every year and then give the best one a daesang. And they do this for both physical and digital. This is great stuff. Celebrating more than 10 artists every year is what I like to see. Because we know everyone works hard and should be acknowledged and celebrated. They also do 'Best New Artist' to acknowledge the rookies. This is like the best arrangement I have seen in awards ever.

• I like them but I like the judge based ones too because it can give exposure to smaller artists. People get too focused on who is the fairest of them all but imo all awards are just big promo stages and parties it doesn't matter if they are full of big stars or not. Gaon awards is like a big ceremony of certification delivery, kinda like graduating with honors.

• I like GDA type of award show. I take award shows as an acknowledgement for the musician's work. They acknowledge top 10 every year and then give the best one a daesang. And they do this for both physical and digital. This is great stuff. Celebrating more than 10 artists every year is what I like to see. Because we know everyone works hard and should be acknowledged and celebrated. They also do 'Best New Artist' to acknowledge the rookies. This is like the best arrangement I have seen in awards ever.

one of the only things i dislike about GDA is the fact for albums... albums with i think less than 6 songs... aren't counted. (eg. Butter CD isn't eligible to win the daesang despite it being the best selling "album" of the year")

• Lmao no. A lot of kpop fans want judges and not numbers to decide so their faves can also have a chance at an award. It's a debate every award season

Yeah those "Judges" who allow songs not in the top 20 to win.

What I find most annoying is you can win in alot of Areas like at MAMA awards and still lose randomly because judges xd

• one of the only things i dislike about GDA is the fact for albums... albums with i think less than 6 songs... aren't counted. (eg. Butter CD isn't eligible to win the daesang despite it being the best selling "album" of the year")

But no awards considered 4-songs EP is an album. Grammy even requires album need to have minimum 6 tracks or 30 minutes play time or something (I am not sure about definitely 4-tracks EP is not an album)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!