SEVENTEEN’s 2021 Achievements:
Billboard Top Social Artist 2021
- Though Seventeen didn’t win, Carats are still proud and happy that they received a nomination. We honestly didn’t even expect them to land 2nd place with 11M votes, so we are very proud of them and us, Carats.
- Seventeen surpassed 2.5 Billion streams on MelOn.
- 6th most streamed Act on MelOn overall.
- Artist with most #1’s on QQ Music Hot 100 K-pop Chart: #2 - Seventeen (5 songs)
Happy Ending Charting:
- Seventeen’s first single “Happy Ending” is the longest charting single in Japan with 100 weeks on Oricon charts.
—> "Happy Ending" has now spent a record-extending 100 weeks on the Oricon Weekly Singles Chart -- the most for any Japanese Single by a Korean Act in history BY MILES.
—> Seventeen is the first and only Korean Act to exceed 70, 80, 90, and 100 weeks on Oricon with a single (and that too with their very first single!).
Left & Right Charting:
- Spent 1499 hours on MelOn 24Hits Top 100.
- Spent 403 hours on MelOn 24Hits Top 50.
- Peaked at #16 on MelOn 24Hits chart.
- Has obtained over 1.7M ULs on MelOn.
- The title track has spent over 40 weeks on Oricon.
Not Alone (ひとりじゃない) 3rd Japanese Single Charting:
- Not Alone (digital release) debuts at;
#1 Rakuten Music
#1 Line Music
#1 - mu-mo single chart
#1 - iTunes Japan
(+ 11 other regions, Top 10 in 18 regions, charted in 31 countries)
#1 - Line Music Daily Chart
#1 - Melon J-Pop Daily Chart
#1 - Genie - J-Pop Daily Chart
#1 - Oricon Daily Digitals Chart
#7 - Recochoku Daily Chart
#11 Worldwide iTunes Song Chart
- Spent 134+ hours at #1 on Line Music Top 100.
#44 - Billboard Japan Hot 100 [debut]
(*based off of streams and downloads only)
#1 - Billboard Japan Hot 100 [Jumped 43+ Spots] (As of April 27th)
RECORD BREAKER + RECORD MAKER
- ONLY three singles have topped Japan’s Billboard Hot 100 this decade, two of them are from Seventeen already (as of April 28th).
- TRIPLE CROWN at Rakuten Music charts
- TWO CROWNS on Oricon Weekly Single chart for #1 + #1 on Oricon Total Singles Ranking.
- Jun’s solo pre-release ‘Crow’ is certified 1M on QQ Music.
- Jun’s pre-release ‘Crow’ peaked;
#1 Daily Charts [QQ Music Charts]
#3 Weekly Charts [QQ Music Charts]
#4 Monthly Charts [QQ Music Charts]
- ‘Crow’ occupies top 2 spots on Philippines iTunes, making this the first time a solo Seventeen member (or SVT itself) to have achieved this feat in Philippines.
- ‘Crow’ ranked #1 on MelOn’s World Music Chart.
- Jun’s solo 2nd solo release’Crow’ ranked #15 on World iTunes chart (this is amazing how it was a surprise release and it’s doing so well).
- ‘Crow’ debuts at #5 on C-pop Genius Charts.
- ‘Crow’ debuts on Billboard’s World Digitals Chart at #14
- Jun’s official release ‘Silent Boarding Gate’ achieves 2M Hits on QQ Music within couple hours of release.
- Jun’s official release ‘Silent Boarding Gate’ peaked:
#1 Daily Charts [QQ Music Charts]
#1 Weekly Charts [QQ Music Charts]
#3 Yearly Charts [QQ Music Charts]
#100 Total Charts [QQ Music Charts]
- Jun’s Silent Boarding Gate achieves 3M hits— currently the 3rd biggest song in China based off the yearly chart (March 1st, 2021).
- Hoshi’s first mixtape ‘Spider’ debuts at #5 on Worldwide ITunes Chart.
- Spider ranked Top 10 in 48 countries.
- HOSHI's "Spider" debuts at No. 5 on this week's Billboard World Digital Song Chart.
- It's his first entry on the chart and highest from the group since 2019. #SEVENTEEN got 18 top 10s, and 29 total entries (19th for spider, 31st including this and Crow).
- 'Side by Side' has achieved top 1 on QQ Music's peak popularity chart for 13 Apr 2021 with 3.3 million accumulated streams within couple hours of release.
- Certified Peak Golden Single for reaching 3M+
- Side By Side peaks on Charts:
#1 Daily Chart [QQ Music]
#1 Weekly Chart [QQ Music]
#5 Yearly Chart [QQ Music]
#84 Total Chart [QQ Music]
- *8 #1’s on iTunes
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Costa Rica
- MelOn Latest 24Hits within 1-week chart run
—> Surpassed 100.3k ULs on MelOn
- Gaon Download Chart
- Billboard World Digital Chart
Nekkei Entertainment Power Rankings 2021:
Public Recognition: 12%
Public Interest: 82%
Interest Value: 9.9%
Seventeen is only 1/3 Kpop boy groups, other than Bts and Exo to have ranked on this list, which is absolutely crazy considering how they made it on a list full of Japan’s biggest domestic and international acts.
(These rankings, due to their data collection system and the topics they take into consideration, are a reference in Japan.)
‘Your Choice’ 8th Mini Album Digital Charting:
- Global Digital Artist Ranking: #5 (peak)
- Line Music Real Time Japan: #1 (peak)
*still charting; 98+ hours at #1*
- Obtained the title of QQ Music Golden Disk in 44 minutes of release.
- Top 1 on QQ Weekly Album Sales Chart
- MelOn 5 Minute Chart: #2
- Your Choice is Seventeen’s biggest album Spotify debut with 1.7M streams.
- Worldwide iTunes Album Chart: #3 (peak)
- Ready To Love recorded 2.1M streams on the first 26 hours on MelOn.
- Peaks on Korean charts-
MelOn 24Hits: #75
- Ready To Love surpassed 450k ULs on Genie Music.
- Ready To Love surpassed 401k ULs on MelOn.
- The title track has spent 202 hours inside of MelOn 24Hits.
- Gaon Chart Download : #1
- Gaon Chart Album: #1
(Reached #1 with only 3 days of tracking on Gaon)
- Artists with most weeks at #1 on Gaon Album Chart:
#5 SEVENTEEN with 17 weeks
- Seventeen 1st win on Music Bank (25th June).
- Seventeen’s 2nd win on Show Champion (30th June).
- Seventeen’s 3rd win on Mcountdown (1st July).
- Seventeen’s 4th win Music Back (2nd July).
- UK’s Official Album Downloads Chart Top 100: #69 ‘Your Choice’
- Billboard Top 200: #15 SEVENTEEN [Debut]
(First time entering/ debuting on Billboard Top 200)
- Rolling Stones’ Top 200 Albums Chart: #14 ‘Your Choice’ [Debut]
(First time entering/ debuting on Rolling Stones’ Top 200 Albums Chart)
- Gaon Digital Chart: #21 (peak)
- Billboard Japan’s Hot 100: #2 ‘Your Choice’ - Seventeen
- Billboard Japan’s Album Downloads Chart: #10 - Seventeen
PHYSICAL SALES ACHIEVEMENTS
- United World Chart | 2020 Year Ending Album Chart:
#26 Seventeen - Heng:garae [+1.4M]
#37 Seventeen - ;(Semicolon) [+1.1M]
- ‘An Ode’ reached 1M album sales (March 11th, 2021), making SVT the 2nd group in Kpop’s history to have three albums with 1M+ sales without repackage.
- Seventeen exceeded 9.6M album sales (Gaon + Oricon).
- 5th Kpop group and 8th Korean act to ever achieve this feat.
- Best Selling Kpop Act Oricon (mid-year): #2 SEVENTEEN - 502,174
- Seventeen became the 1st artist in South Korea to receive at least 4 1M Gaon certifications for their albums surpassing 1 million sales each.
Not Alone (ひとりじゃない) 3rd Japanese Single Physical:
- 300,000 pre-orders
- Total: 300k [1st Week Sales]
- June update Oricon: 417k
(Surpassed Happy Ending’s first week sales, 2nd best SVT sales after FF)
RECORD MAKER ACHIEVEMENT
- FIRST Kpop male act to have exceeded 200k+ copies 3 CONSECUTIVE times on Oricon Weekly Charts in a week.
- Not Alone, Seventeen’s 3rd Japanese single is certified Double Platinum (500k) by RIAJ.
Physical Charting For Not Alone
#1 - HMV Online Japanese Music Sales Chart
#1 - Oricon Daily Single
#1-5 - HMV
#7 - Billboard Japan Top Single Sales Mid-Year Chart
(Only Korean group to rank in the top 10)
‘Your Choice’ 8th Mini Album Physical
- 881.7k sales [1st day]
(1st day sales without the inclusion of Japanese sales, as the sales in Japan started on the 2nd due to delay.)
—> Broke An Ode’s first week sales in one day.
—> 2nd Kpop Act to ever exceed 800k sales on the first day of tracking.
—> 4th biggest 1st day sales (as of June 18th).
- 2021’s highest first day sales so far (as of 18th June).
- 3rd Kpop Act to ever surpass 6 million sales on Hanteo after Bts and Exo.
- Your Choice exceeds 1M sales, officially becoming Seventeen’s fourth and fastest album to reach this feat.
- Seventeen is also the 2nd Kpop Act to exceed 1M sales in less than 5 days (took Seventeen only 4 days to reach 1M).
- Seventeen joins Bts as the only group to have 2 or more albums transcend 1M sales on Hanteo in the 1st week of tracking.
- Your Choice has officially surpassed 1.36M sales in the first week of release.
—> 2021’s highest 1st week sales
—> Fourth biggest 1st week sales overall
- ‘Your Choice’ certified Million by Gaon (Seventeen’s 4th album to reach this milestone).
- Exceeds 250k sales on Oricon.
Physical Charting For Your Choice
- Oricon Daily Album Chart: #1 (142,647)
—> Is the best selling Korean EP released this year (as of June), and has sold over 700k copies in Japan this year.
- Your Choice tops Gaon’s Weekly Retail Album Chart within just two days of release.
- Your Choice’ is the biggest album debut worldwide.
- Seventeen’s ‘Your Choice’ lands #1 on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart.
- Best Album- Bongsang | 35th Golden Disc Awards
- Won Artist Of The Year- 3rd Quarter | 10th Gaon Music Awards
- Won Top 10 Award | A.PAN Music Awards
- Won Idol Champ’s Global Pick’s Group | A.PAN Music Awards
- Won the Main Award (Bongsang) | 30th Seoul Music Awards
- Won Best 3 Albums (Asia): 24H | 35th Japan Golden Disc Awards
OTHER SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENTS:
- 2021’s top 3 most anticipated act of the year (tied with Bts and Blackpink by 2 votes).
- Gained more than 1B views on their official YouTube channel in 2020 alone.
- Appearance on Grammy Museum Mini Masterclass.
- Sets a new record for ‘James Corden Show’ searches during SVT performance on Google Trends.
- Going Seventeen exceeded 102M+ views with 43 episodes in 2020 [59M+ increase from 2019].
- Top #1 touring Asian act outside of Asia in 2020.
- Going Seventeen is featured in KOCCA Indonesia. KOCCA is Korea Creative Content Agency, a government institute from South Korea to promote Korean culture.
- Kpop Boy Groups Favoured In Japan In The First Half Of 2021: #2 Seventeen
- Received their first ever nomination at the VMAs; “Best Kpop” category.
Carats, please let me know if I made a mistake, so I can fix them.