We desperately need achievements section ATP....

• The trouble is this: The people who want to post Achievements threads want as much people to see their stuff as possible, which is why when the forums were separated, you still had a lot of people posting in the main forum instead of the Achievements section. Because that's where the audience was, and they wanted to brag about their faves' achievements. Creating a separate Achievements forum wouldn't do much, except increase the mod's workload as they have to constantly shift threads into the Achievements forum.

However, if what you wanted is a safe, uncluttered space for actual discussion about music, how about changing the request slightly, to have a new forum for "Music Discussions" instead? That way, that forum can be full of threads dedicated to actual music discussion, instead of achievements. And keep this main forum for news, gossip and achievements. Basically, the Achievements threads cannot be de-coupled from the News and Gossip sections, because of the attention-whores. So you have to de-couple the music appreciation section instead.

• However, if what you wanted is a safe, uncluttered space for actual discussion about music, how about changing the request slightly, to have a new forum for "Music Discussions" instead? That way, that forum can be full of threads dedicated to actual music discussion, instead of achievements. And keep this main forum for news, gossip and achievements. Basically, the Achievements threads cannot be de-coupled from the News and Gossip sections, because of the attention-whores. So you have to de-couple the music appreciation section instead.

That's a great idea. I like it. I support it.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• The trouble is this: The people who want to post Achievements threads want as much people to see their stuff as possible, which is why when the forums were separated, you still had a lot of people posting in the main forum instead of the Achievements section. Because that's where the audience was, and they wanted to brag about their faves' achievements. Creating a separate Achievements forum wouldn't do much, except increase the mod's workload as they have to constantly shift threads into the Achievements forum.

However, if what you wanted is a safe, uncluttered space for actual discussion about music, how about changing the request slightly, to have a new forum for "Music Discussions" instead? That way, that forum can be full of threads dedicated to actual music discussion, instead of achievements. And keep this main forum for news, gossip and achievements. Basically, the Achievements threads cannot be de-coupled from the News and Gossip sections, because of the attention-whores. So you have to de-couple the music appreciation section instead.

:claps:

Bring K-Pop Music back (although it was another dead section, even deader than K-News)

The first part is true. I was jealous of people putting their threads in the K-Lounge instead of the K-News and getting more attention than me because I put them in K-News. I almost decided to put them in the wrong section too.

• The mods who spent hours reshuffling threads:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Desbundar

• When OH still had lots of activity before their long break/site crash, they had a Music section, a News & Gossip section, and a Charts & Sales section, and it seemed to work like intended, enough activity in each of the 3 sections.

Not sure why this couldn't work at AKP, and why it has to be put altogether into 1 messy pile-for-everything.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Me posting achievements of my faves seeing how lazy you guys are bc you can simply just *surprise* *whatcanwedo?* Yes, you guys can just ignore achievements threads as much as you guys ignore others threads that doesn't concern your faves :froghype:

And don't be lazy too about going for the "next page" and searching more about others threads...

I don't understand how this is a debate tbh... If i see a thread that it's not my business i just ignore it and go with my day... I don't think: oh no, why is this thread here? I wish we had separated sections and etc, etc, etc"....

Let's make a "Music section" and see how active this section will be kkkkkk

Edit: I'm talking in general bc there are a lot of people who gets "triggered" bc of *Achievements Threads* :pepeshock:

• Official Post

The mods who spent hours reshuffling threads:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

me ;(

• Idk why the staff doesn't like stuff organized? 🤷‍♀️

Not sure why this couldn't work at AKP, and why it has to be put altogether into 1 messy pile-for-everything.

Many users insisted to put their threads in the K-Lounge instead of the K-News. I've even seen someone saying they put them in K-Lounge because the mods would move them anyway.

There was an item in the Forum Rules that said that putting threads in the wrong section could earn warning points, but I think it was never enforced.

• yeah but I am starting to enjoy people fighting thanks to these achievements threads.. :peperun::peperun: its funny how it affects some people so much

but yeah it is less organized

That's exactly what bothers me, even through I do achievements threads myself lol

I'm not bothered by artists' achievements, I was always visiting the news/gossip section, but the main page is always looking like a mess. And I don't want to block anyone, because I like to Interact with a lot of users who frequently do these threads and I like their threads, since a lot of them are from my fandoms.

• That's exactly what bothers me, even through I do achievements threads myself lol

I'm not bothered by artists' achievements, I was always visiting the news/gossip section, but the main page is always looking like a mess. And I don't want to block anyone, because I like to Interact with a lot of users who frequently do these threads and I like their threads, since a lot of them are from my fandoms.

I agree, its a whole big mess... this is why I liked how they did it in old forums but Ig for traffic reasons they won't really separate it right now

Basically this, some want to constantly brag and boast about their biases over whatever achievement they can come up with, and want everyone to see, also the people who're not really interested in achievements threads.

As for it being extra workload for mods, separate sections, I guess posters on that other site had a better understanding where to post what thread and weren't sneaking in achievement threads into sections where they didn't belong :wellr:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• There was an item in the Forum Rules that said that putting threads in the wrong section could earn warning points, but I think it was never enforced.

Then maybe that was the problem, that it was never enforced.

It can't be that the visitors and posters of that other K-pop site were smarter and behaving better than AKP visitors and posters, resulting in separate sections operating smoothly on other K-pop sites, yet somehow AKP mods can't make it work.

But I think it's more like what Ripia said, they wanted to boost the views and posts of achievement threads, so they simply put all threads together into 1 section.

SWJ1P.gif

• me ;(

You and your fingers are gonna need all the luck you can get. Here:

Desbundar

• Official Post

Nah the achievement section was dry asf. Ain't nobody went there atleast here we are aware of groups achivements in general and there's always the option of ignoring the thread.

Just because people folder camp in one section isn't a valid reason. Every forum has folder camping problems, but people don't get a pass to just post what they want in the popular section because of it.

I mean if people don't go to sections then why have any sections at all? Why not just throw everything together in one big topic list?

• objectively, traffic is needed.

with all threads together, there are some non achievements threads flopping more than achievements threads.

we can opt to avoid threads just by the subject name.

• :-) If mods and admins want more traffic, views and posts, then I guess that they also don't mind posters starting up some controversies, (mild) flamewars, fanwars and other conflict baiting and intense debate inducing posts in all those achievement threads, that'll boost the view and post counts explosively :eyebrowsr:

After all, it won't be any difference from the AKP main site then, where trolls posters with a negative reputation of 5k-30k are allowed to exist by the AKP mods and admins, in order to generate more posts, clicks and views per article :siptear:

SWJ1P.gif

• Just because people folder camp in one section isn't a valid reason. Every forum has folder camping problems, but people don't get a pass to just post what they want in the popular section because of it.

I mean if people don't go to sections then why have any sections at all? Why not just throw everything together in one big topic list?

I don't really care much about the cause to go back and forth about it tbh. It doesn't really bother me at all but if it's a problem then I think users should talk to the mods and pray for the mods fingers.

:pepepizza:

Desbundar

• Official Post

I don't really care much about the cause to go back and forth about it tbh. It doesn't really bother me at all but if it's a problem then I think users should talk to the mods and pray for the mods fingers.

:pepepizza:

Honestly the best solution is just each group having an achievement thread. The TXT achievement thread is working just fine, and stays active (as in I see it a lot compared to other long running threads).

Sure you don't get to get three seconds of forum clout by bragging about your faves, but it's way easier for people who actually do care to stay informed and discuss the numbers.

• This thread contains 230 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!