This is why kpop is still a joke in America

• I understand. But it seems most men are okay with the stereotypes they're supposed to abide to. What else can I tell you?

and yet a lot of men are not ok with it, and it shows. It shows in their disdain for those weaker than them, it shows in the violence demonstrated towards those who can't retaliate. It shows in their disrespect of those who are different and in their struggle with showing emotion beyond violence.

Self-assuredness and confidence in oneself does not ask to be proven over and over again.

• True. But the way he described them was very demasculating. << is that even a word lol.

That's because of our preconceived notions of masculinity. Society perceives masculinity as physical strength, lack of emotion, and (for some reason) holding quite sexist views. That isn't masculinity - that's toxic masculinity. Femininity comes in all shapes and sizes and so does masculinity. A man acting in a stereotypically feminine way doesn't make him any less masculine.

What I'm trying to say is masculinity or femininity isn't determined by the way you act or dress, it's more about your self worth and empowering yourself.

I really have no feelings towards the video you showed or any ill-intent towards you but I just think it's important for everyone to know that your self worth isn't determined by the way you are perceived in society. <3

509f2209d9e521f9d5c4fd842a68f36b7025d53a.gifv 466e986b1a22104648c11eec7bbc0f4273fb5569.gif 583403d17eda7c7b1f2dc23fb4955208257c6207.gifv͙

Edited once, last by potato-o ().

• I have nothing against someone who wants to keep to these stereotypes. But they shouldn’t shame or mock those who are different and stray from this stereotype

Sure, I agree. Now, I think there's room for teasing and poking fun as long as it's not downright mean and hateful. The fact is, the "boy bands" I use to listen to, they're metal bands; you can imagine they're way more tattooed, bearded, hairy and sweaty lol. So of course, it's an entirely different universe when I look at k-pop boy groups or members with crazy looks, crazy hairdos, straight out of a Japanese video game. It find it amusing. But I don't wish any ill to these guys. They're trained, they're great performers; I couldn't do any of the stuff they do.

So when I tease bg stans, it's just for fun. Anyone could make fun of me for listening to cute girls singing happy-go-lucky songs. That's cool, that's fair game. I just don't care that much.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!