is mnet rlly never going to let go of survival shows?

• Official Post

They keep making them because people keep watching them and support them. All survival shows are rigged in some way and anyone who thinks they aren't is naïve. Even the ones they've done for specific companies have been shady and featured twists that were clearly done to add drama. The public doesn't actually care if IZ*ONE or X1 were rigged just like they didn't care that Momo and Tzuyu were added to Twice even though neither of them won, they only got mad because the Produce reveal makes them look like they got conned and there's no one to pass blame to as there was with JYP.

• So they lost thr rights on the shows's name to Japan than? (Wouldn't surprise me if TBS and Yoshimoto Kogyo had the rights on the show's name now ... (but than again who thought... the company for PDJ's winner groups is 50% owned by CJ,E&M ... hm)

this isn't about rights? they rebranded it for public opinion purposes. im just not sure why this is so hard for you to understand lol. you can rebrand something for marketing regardless of anything legal. they can legally make another season of pd101 called pd101 but they would get backlash. thats the point.

who's your favorite artist?

• theres a difference between a company having a survival show aired on mnet for their own group and mnet hosting their own survival show for a group who's subsequent profit will go directly into mnet's pocket. idk what hard to understand about that.

Well, ENHYPEN is under a joint-venture between BigHit and CJ ENM, so half the money is still going to MNET's parent's pocket. So it's not that different. It's actually even better for them because they don't have to disband the group after 1 and a half year.

• Well, ENHYPEN is under a joint-venture between BigHit and CJ ENM, so half the money is still going to MNET's parent's pocket. So it's not that different. It's actually even better for them because they don't have to disband the group after 1 and a half year.

i mean maybe i-land was a bad example but it doesnt change the actual point

who's your favorite artist?

• I don't care if they do survival shows but I wish they would make the groups permanent. At this point it's so annoying to get into popular groups that disband shortly after they debut. I wish they'd go the Idol School route instead.

• I'm not gonna ignore the take that suggests that my faves shouldn't exist. What's it to you if they do survival shows or not? It's not like it affects your life.

One thing, Your faves should exist... I am just saying...not from survival shows...

And survival shows are rigged. It's been proven... I can say 75% of people who watched I-Land were against Produce/Survival shows when the latest Produce show (where X1 was formed) was outed rigged.... So please, I don't need you to come at me for this stupid survival show thingy... Yes, They shouldn't exist.. I am merely talking about the show... I don't care if the group exist or not...

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• One thing, Your faves should exist... I am just saying...not from survival shows...

And survival shows are rigged. It's been proven... I can say 75% of people who watched I-Land were against Produce/Survival shows when the latest Produce show (where X1 was formed) was outed rigged.... So please, I don't need you to come at me for this stupid survival show thingy... Yes, They shouldn't exist.. I am merely talking about the show... I don't care if the group exist or not...

Enhypen as we know it wouldn't exist if not for I-LAND. I'm pretty sure people wouldn't watch the show if they were against it, can you substantiate your claim or are you just talking out of your ass?

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Enhypen as we know it wouldn't exist if not for I-LAND. I'm pretty sure people wouldn't watch the show if they were against it, can you substantiate your claim or are you just talking out of your ass?

literally 75% people tuned in just because Hybe was behind it....

So yeah, this I think proves my point.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• If people stop watching these shows, they'll stop making them.

It's beyond me how anyone can still stomach following a survival show from Mnet after all the scandals and rigging. But then again I personally have never watched any of them so who am I to judge lol.

• literally 75% people tuned in just because Hybe was behind it....

So yeah, this I think proves my point.

But it's still an MNET show and it would be rigged, so if they were against it, they wouldn't watch. Also you can't provide proof that 75% of viewers didn't want it to happen I see.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• But it's still an MNET show and it would be rigged, so if they were against it, they wouldn't watch. Also you can't provide proof that 75% of viewers didn't want it to happen I see.

The fact that you are still riding with survival shows thing just because Your fave group was the result of it...

It's not an MNet show only, CJENM and Hybe were behind it too... You think This show would have had the same ratings without Hybe and CJENM name attached to it? Fck NO.

All I am saying is, If survival shows should have been stopped after X1 controversy, there is no reason why people will exclude I-Land which was basically a spin-off of produce shows......I have nothing against Enhypen.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!