For those that have a GF/BF/Partner/Lover/Wife/Husband/Etc - What do they think of Kpop?

• Given that most of us here enjoy kpop one way or another enough to discuss it, fight over it, spend money it, etc etc

What does your GF/BF/Partner/Lover/Wife/Husband/Etc think of kpop or your bias or your fav group?

My wife heard some music (I won't mention which group) and went

"Get That Noise outta here"

I showed her some pictures of some (female) idols (again no names) and she went

"Pretty but how much of that is plastic?"

• You wife is polite compared to my man. Think of the words the cave men’s use when they hear about a Korean boy group and that’s my men.

But still helped me google a place to buy the TXT album from. And put together his dvd player and the tv so I can play the cd. He is clearly a weirdo.

:pepefacepalm:

• That's sad for your wife... I feel like a partner should at least support your passions, even if they don't share it.

My ex-boyfriend wasn't really into kpop but he could bop to some Blackpink or EXO. BTS wasn't his thing at all, sadly, but I didn't mind that it was only a passion between me and my friends. He was a super-fan of Star Wars too ( going to conventions and such... ) so the deal was that he would let me blast the music I wanted and I watched the movies with him from time to time.

• my special someone is not into kpop but especially likes bts' spring day and save me (taste). i got him to listen to twice's alcohol free and seventeen's ready to love. he doesn't mind.

he even bought me some bts back catalogues and bt21 stuff. so, semi supportive but not really a k-pop fan...

• my special someone is not into kpop but especially likes bts' spring day and save me (taste). i got him to listen to twice's alcohol free and seventeen's ready to love. he doesn't mind.

he even bought me some bts back catalogues and bt21 stuff. so, semi supportive but not really a k-pop fan...

same,
    my hubby also really love Spring day, BTS Spring Day is the best kpop song he said
    :borahae:

• Ig both my current and ex bfs tolerated it. I'm kinda shy but at their place I could play music and pull them in and dance around either their playlist or mine. Lots of fun memories.

I remember once when I was very drunk they went to get the speakers from upstairs so they could cheer me up. I wanted to sleep, I switched off all the lights and switched on some twice playlist on my phone so I could indirectly tell them the phones volume was enough. I left it there and went dancing all the way to the bedroom it was the chourus of get loud so I started halfheartedly jumping around on the bed to prove I'm happy and fell. I was too tired to get up so I just laid there.

They searched the house wondering where I was and saw me face down vibing to the next song on my playlist, candy pop, like a senile earthworm on the bedroom carpet. They told me it was so scary when they came down, like all the lights are off, their drunk girlfriend is on the floor and they can ominously hear hey sweetie sweetie echoing somewhere in the house.

:pepe-cross::pepe-life-support::pepe-cut:

Desbundar

•  :-D Is your wife from New York? Very "NY state of mind"!

• He supports me. He never asked me to change the song, nor to change my wallpaper or to stop watching dramas. Actually, me and my friend talk a lot about boy groups or favorite actors, and he isn't against it (or at least he doesn't tell me lol). But he is totally against watching dramas or listening to songs by himself. The only point when we meet is the food, he always buys Korean food because he knows that I like it, and he started to like it too. But music, nope.

As for your wife, hehe, I think she is a little bit jealous? Like, not envious of the girls, but jealous that you watch them.

• My boyfriend doesn't really like it. I mean, sure, he has 1-2 songs he likes from some groups (mostly Big Bang, this is the only group he actually had a tiny bit of interest in) but overall he's not really interested and tries to avoid me when I listen to K-pop.

He doesn't mind me spending money on albums (as long as it's in moderation), though he acts like "Why are you even buying those things to collect dust on the shelf?".

He makes fun of me sometimes while watching EXO videos and says that I watch it because of "pretty boys" and he thinks that if Kai or Baek appeared in front of me, I would probably leave him for them ^^ .

As for girl groups, he has even less interest in them and their music. He only likes IU, and that's because he saw her acting and thinks she's really pretty.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!