Its wonderful seeing so many groups having success at the same time

• I think this is the best time to experience the Korean wave.

As we all know kpop fandoms are terrifyingly competitive. And I remember when Exo were selling a million albums, a lot of people were saying that no other group will be able to sell a million for a long time...until BTS came along.

And then BTS started their succesful record breaking sales, which made people speculate that EXO were going to flop and dissapear. However EXO held tight to the 2nd position.

Seventeen debuted in 2015, and experience(d) a slow and steady growth, until their album 'The ode' sold about a million copies(Please help me out carats) and oh boy...do I remember people underestimating Seventeen, saying that they arent going to ever sell a million. But fast forward to 2021 and they have four albums that have sold 1 million copies.

During their obsession Era, EXO apparently 'flopped' by selling 800k copies of their Obsession album', however during a comeback where half of the mmebers are in the military, intl ExoL come togethor and secure them sales of 1 million of DFTF. Once again showing others that 'we aint going nowhere'

People called Twice the 'local cutesy girlgroup' as an insult, however in 2021, this cutesy local girlgroup sell 43k copies in the USA and chart #6 on BILLBOARD 200.

NCT are another group, who have jumped in their sales. NCT 127 averaging a million, and NCTdream, selling a mind- boggling 2 million copies of their album, which is insane.

My kpop fan heart is swelling with pride. So many groups in the same VERY competitive industry are thriving and coexisting at the same time. It is a beautiful sight to witness.

Kpop fandoms are so adamant that if one group is succesful, somehow its impossible for other groups to have success at the same time. But the kpop industry is proving all of these toxic and competitive fans wrong.

I could go on and on. But its becoming too long now.

• True. A lot of groups are doing great right now, even joined by rookie groups, other 4th gen groups and unexpected non-Big 3 groups like Brave Girls and Oh My Girl, it's a great thing to see :eyebrowsr:

For that matter, even individual members of groups are doing great with their solo debuts in both digitals as physical sales :pepe-toast:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Dont forget the possibility for Izone to return. I'm praying that i will wake up one day and see those beautiful words: "CJENM announces the redebut of Izone on Oct 29, 2021, their Third Anniversary".

This is a 500k selling group, the third best selling GG right now.

We need starship girl wonyoung and yujin or sakura in izone re-debut but the kfans think starship controlled starship members for no interaction on Instagram accounts

Today asleast finally wonyoung get story Instagram with Vogue korea(this is her first Instagram story )!!@

• Official Post

Positivity?

In my kpop???????

jk jk I agree. I love seeing so many groups be successful. Kpop has grown so much over the last year. Even smaller groups are reaching bigger audiences and breaking their own sales records. :pepelove1:

• I think that the pandemic is playing a rule since all the idols songs who are rising in the charts are joyful or uplifting one way or another.

Hmmm I never thought of that before, and it does sort of make sense.

However, we've been in this pandemic since last March, but it only seems like the Korean public has gotten re-interested in idol songs in the past several months, so what's changed?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!