EXID, GFriend and Brave Girls - the duration for someone from the bottom is 12 months

• I have never really supported acts from smaller companies, because they lack the capital to promote overseas.

A lot of people think Brave Girls will lead KPop, but personally I don't think so.

Of course, Brave Brother is probably super hyper now. A guy always shooting from the hip, he will probably be thinking bigger future for BG, but similar thoughts were had by the owners of EXID and GFriend respectively.

EXID had one great year, 2015, following the fancam boom but from 2016 it had to rely on songs from LE, one of its members, because Shinsadong Tiger, who composed Up Down, lost his touch. (ST would do the same for Momoland's Bboom Bboom, his last masterpiece) So it slowed down, and by the end its leader and vocalist announced a semi-permanent hiatus.

It remained on the bubble for 2 more years before effectively disbanding at the end of 2018.

GFriend rose because of Yuju's falling incident. At its height on early 2016 it briefly overcame Twice and was the #1 act on Kpop, but by the end of the year twice was way ahead of GF, and the songs of Iggy-Yongbae lost their touch.

GF ceased to be a contender by middle of 2017, and frankly speaking, Time for Moonlight is GF's last major hit. Being bought out by Big Hit did not improve GF's fortune ; it was used as a testing material for the upcoming Big Hit girl group, and this year is GF's final year of contract.

Brave Girls are older, and they have 2 years of contract remaining. Because they have built up a huge following, they will be good for 12 months, and will probably finish their contract. What will happen after that, no one will know, but Brave Brother is a guy of 2000s (he wrote hits for Big Bang, for example, on 2006 and 2007) and he has not had a hit for years. If whatever he releases on summer is not up to speed, then BG will probably meet the fate of GFriend.

I myself do not see it having more success in the overseas than EXID and GFriend, who never really became big outside of Korea. (GFriend's tours are modest and somewhat profitable but not in the league of the major groups)

• This is one of your most coherent threads yet. Bravo!

What is your prediction for IU's title song? Will it break Dynamite's record for PAKs? And what do you think of On the Ground and Gone's performance so far in Korean charts?

I have no prediction on IU's title. All bets are now off.

Rose probably aimed her song for the international audience.

• So in conclusion, a group that started gaining popularity because of a viral song don't last long.

No. That is because their tiny companies are not equipped to handle activities of the group like a major act with lots of staff and will not be able to compete in the long run.

• true, but i don't think they are targeting overseas but sk.

I wrote about BG crowding out KPop market even further. I think BB will try to promote BG outside of Korea when the epidemic subsides further, but it is unlikely that it will be huge outside of Korea

• U JUST HATE poor ppl

Isn't that a reality? the cold truth is one needs lots of capital to successfully promote an act. While Brave Brother is not a poor man, he lacks the experience, know how and connections to bring BG to a higher plane.

If GFriend, who did have some following in Southeast asia and was in the same league with Twice, and a bit ahead of IOI and Red Velvet, failed I do not see BG making it. GF's owner had worked under SM and JYP and had connections. BB would have his connections, but none of them appear to be helpful now

• Big hit was once a small company (with big connections)

• Isn't that a reality? the cold truth is one needs lots of capital to successfully promote an act. While Brave Brother is not a poor man, he lacks the experience, know how and connections to bring BG to a higher plane.

If GFriend, who did have some following in Southeast asia and was in the same league with Twice, and a bit ahead of IOI and Red Velvet, failed I do not see BG making it. GF's owner had worked under SM and JYP and had connections. BB would have his connections, but none of them appear to be helpful now

that's why i say u hate em

btw ,are u a billionaire?

• Big hit was once a small company (with big connections)

Bighit rose by their marketing and BTS getting popular not from a viral fancam, each of big 3 were once small companies too, most today's top companies started from the ground.

I think what OP is saying that a viral moment won't last long, if their company would be decent enough, it wouldn't take 10 years and a viral fancam to make some splash.

• Bighit rose by their marketing and BTS getting popular not from a viral fancam, each of big 3 were once small companies too, most today's top companies started from the ground.

I think what OP is saying that a viral moment won't last long, if their company would be decent enough, it wouldn't take 10 years and a viral fancam to make some splash.

For example, Brave Brother , who is the owner of Brave Girls, has a boy group DKB. It is very unknown , although it debuted 1 year and 1 month ago. He now tries to promote it to the overseas, using English titles and lyrics, but even among the BG craze few people are talking about DKB now

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!