Weirdest reason a teacher gave you a bad grade?

• In 10th grade my teacher asked us for our e-mail adress to send us details on what to write for the internship we did and she didn't send it to anyone but since we all had different ways to write she only gave good grades to those students who apparently wrote like she wanted and as those who didn't wrote like this said we not even got her e-mail she acuest us as liar and said we only wrote so "sloppy" cause we were just too lazy to make it right and needed a random excuse to tell her why half of the class failed to write like she wanted

She really didn't sended the e-mail. Even those who got a good grade said they had no e-mail from her

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• well it's not really a bad grade but back in high school my history teacher gave me one grade worse on one of my oral exam because I coudn't remember a latin expression

• Not my story but recently some kids in my class were saying how they failed their anatomy essay because their teacher accused them of plagiarism even though they correctly cited their sources and used their own words. I guess the problem here is that no matter what kind of sentence you write, you're bound to find a similar or even identical phase somewhere else on the internet, so I don't think they should've received a 0 on their essay just because a few of the sentences scattered throughout the paper were similar to sentences found on the internet.

It's one thing if they actually copied and pasted someone else's work and didn't correctly cite it, but this was done with their own words and ideas (if it helps any, these kids have pretty good grades and I'd consider them to be respectable people) so maybe the teacher doesn't see it that way but I still feel kinda bad for those kids since their grade probably dropped by a lot :/

• Not my story but recently some kids in my class were saying how they failed their anatomy essay because their teacher accused them of plagiarism even though they correctly cited their sources and used their own words. I guess the problem here is that no matter what kind of sentence you write, you're bound to find a similar or even identical phase somewhere else on the internet, so I don't think they should've received a 0 on their essay just because a few of the sentences scattered throughout the paper were similar to sentences found on the internet.

It's one thing if they actually copied and pasted someone else's work and didn't correctly cite it, but this was done with their own words and ideas (if it helps any, these kids have pretty good grades and I'd consider them to be respectable people) so maybe the teacher doesn't see it that way but I still feel kinda bad for those kids since their grade probably dropped by a lot :/

that sucks. i could understand if those kids had bad grades, but if they're overall good students and they insist that they didn't copy-paste sentences, what's the teacher's deal?

out of service

• Official Post

The stupidest points I ever missed out on were "penmanship counts", though it never really resulted in a bad grade, just less than I should have had. And then the digital era swept us and made penmanship basically obsolete. Other than doctor's notes :wink:

• 10/20 for being too good at english

she thought i had copy-pasted what i wrote in the essay

f

dude my english teacher this year was exactly like this

she told literally everyone in the class "you're not capable of writing at that level" and made us use 3rd grade hamburger paragraph organizers

i mean

i'll do that i guess

🗿

• Not related, but when I was in High school I got a 96 for my math (the highest in the class). But the teacher didnt give me any present, but another kid that got 80+ got a present. I was so salty. I started to downgrade after that. LOL.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!