Do you think its better for idols to provide more content or keep a mysterious image?

• ? 26

The result is only visible to the participants.

Like in the current kpop landscape, Idols are on bubble, tiktok, vlive, instagram, YouTube, varieties, dance channels and so on. Do you think more content increases fans? Or accessibility makes fans more loyal or does that magic and mystery of an idol fade with familiarity?

I've seen the quieter the group is, the louder the fandoms are. Like how kpop was back in first gen. They didn't have access to idols on various platforms nor the amount of information we about them today. The opposite is also true when idols go on hiatus fans sometimes move on to younger groups. Like say maybe a group has max two or three social media platforms. Can they survive or thrive in kpop now? :melon_think:

Edit: its also much easier to get cancelled with more content or information.

Desbundar

• i feel overwhelmed with too much content. i liked loona in the beginning when they were very mysterious and posted loona tv once in a while... but now its too much for me. i guess im also getting old now LOL im basically jsut here for the music

k-pop gurlies aint slidin' their asses like dis no more : (

• obviously for fans I would like more content from my favs but I also know that kpop is a very tough business where idols have very little down time to rest before the next promotion or next variety show etc etc

so whilst I enjoy more content from my favs if they don't put anything out I'm not one to complain (much)

• Imo rookies should have more content, but senior groups like exo and bts don't need daily content, cause they have years of contents. Most fans haven't watched everything anyways, especially newer fans, so those fans could watch the older contents if they want.

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• a balance is better

it's hard to keep up with them with too much content.

I'm personally ok with the content bp give us on social media. I know they are busy so I don't mind they aren't super active. they also have their on yt channel and update us on Ch+ from time to time. The only thing I don't like it's that they don't release music too often that's my only complaint. We need a blackpink comeback this year.

• i feel overwhelmed with too much content. i liked loona in the beginning when they were very mysterious and posted loona tv once in a while... but now its too much for me. i guess im also getting old now LOL im basically jsut here for the music

Same. I've definitely got tired with too much content from several groups. Less content kinda works well for me. I usually have only one or two members I like and just stick to their individual content. I like comebacks but group content is a bit hard for me to sit through unless they are entertaining af :D

only big company groups can keep up with low amount of content, small company groups can't keep up without much content cus they can be easily forgotten

Imo rookies should have more content, but senior groups like exo and bts don't need daily content, cause they have years of contents. Most fans haven't watched everything anyways, especially newer fans, so those fans could watch the older contents if they want.

I agree. The older the group and the brand of the company that they come from plays a big factor. Its risky for a new group from a small company to have less content. I dont think I've seen any group like that. Unless their promo and concepts are s tier I doubt they could afford that risk especially early on in their career.

Bp are definitely one of the biggest groups rn and their fanbase is huge. But do you ever feel less content kinda hinders their growth in anyway? I feel members like Lisa or jisoo might shine in varieties. Jennie and rose could benefit a lot critically from artistic ventures in fashion and music.

However on the other hand its nice that they keep their lives private and have time to relax. Their grip on the market is still strong so I feel blackpink makes it work. But do you think things would've worked out in their favour or stayed more or less the same with more content (music, solos, varieties, social media content) both individually and as a group?

Desbundar

• There is always an option of "Take a break from watching their videos" available if there is any content in the first place

If there is almost no content, then well, good luck bruh. You have one option and it is to suck it u

Facts King.

:pepe-use-head:

This thread is now open for ryu simping hours.

:pepelove1::pepe-daddy:  :pepelove:

Also ryu what do you think? Sounds like a boppity bop to me :D

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edit- Sorry i wrote that not once but *twice*

Desbundar

• i guess it depends of the fan themselves.

i like when contents are more regular and consistent (like what happens to SVT and SKZ lately).

when the group has too much solo projects outside music industry (the acting thing makes things boring to me) and it's harder to keep up with most of the projects and the members, i don't get much interest on keep following.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!