Brand reputation is not reliable

• I do not think it’s a solid measurement of popularity,

Naver released the searches of members of girl groups. This was it.

https://m.pann.nate.com/talk/359945941

Blackpink

Jennie -229200
    Jisoo- 182500
    Rose- 167400
    Lisa -46300

Twice

Momo -38700
    Sana- 27,700

nayeon -23,200
    Tzuyu- 19400

The rest of the twice members were null less meaning searches less than 10000

Red velvet

Irene -119600

Wendy -36,300
    Seulgi- 34 000

Mama moo

Solar- 37600
    Moonbyul - 25,700
    Wheein -42,600
    Hwasa-51700

Espa

Carina 59200
    Winter 26,400

Itzy

Yuna-118,500
    chaeryeong -89,700
    RYUJIN- 88900
    Lia- 62000

Yeji- 49000

I genuinely think if the idols are not it girls like Jennie, Hwasa and Arin, it shouldn’t be used to measure popularity in Korea

<3:borahae: YUNAGAYO   <3 :borahae:

img.gif

• gg-mouthpiece

Changed the title of the thread from “Brand reputation” to “Brand reputation is not reliable”.
  • brand rep isnt based only on search rankings and this list isnt too different from those results so i don't know if you really proved anything

• I thought everyone already knew that those brand charts are not equal to popularity.

There's no problem referring to the brand rankings, as long as people are aware of what it actually measures and are able to put it in context.

Those brand rankings focus on measuring searches and referencing.

Aside from the fact that those can be manipulated, there's no value given to the nature of the searches; iirc, when Seungri was hot news due to his scandal, his brand ranking peaked high, but that wasn't because he was popular (well, popular in searches, but that's a different kind of popular, more like infamous).

Although with idols who end up consistently high in the brand rankings over the course of months and years, like for example Jennie and Irene, it's fair to say that those brand rankings are roughly correct.

In those cases the brand rankings are basically stating the same as Gallup popularity surveys, where idols like them rank up high year after year.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Searches are a very small part of it. There are 4 different indexes, and searches on SNS are just a part of the community index. Brand reputation is not like Social Chart on BB, not just fan interaction matters.

Yes, they have a shady past and they altered the data in some cases and they got called out for it. Still using searches on Naver means nothing.

Brand reputation doesn't mean popularity, it's heavy influenced by the exposure media and the entertainment companies give to their idols. It's designed to be used as a tool for business companies to decide if they want a CF or not. A group can stay popular but if they do no activities which bring attention their brand reputation will go down.

• I recall reading a news article a while back that described an instance where the creator of the ranking offered to manipulate the numbers in exchange for payment.

• Searches are a very small part of it. There are 4 different indexes, and searches on SNS are just a part of the community index. Brand reputation is not like Social Chart on BB, not just fan interaction matters.

Yes, they have a shady past and they altered the data in some cases and they got called out for it. Still using searches on Naver means nothing.

The community index is related to the search index, because more Korean community posts are created, the more people search about you like I said it’s accurate for people who are constantly at the top but if you’re not at the top, it’s not really accurate became international fans tend to manipulate sometimes

<3:borahae: YUNAGAYO   <3 :borahae:

img.gif

• I don't know why kpop fandoms care so much about that stupid list. It's so easy to manipulate as fandoms organize fandom mass trendings to increase the position of their faves and etc so it's not even accurate a slightest bit

• For Jennie to get so many searches without any current projects is incredible. What has she been doing most of this year - advertising sunglasses and cheap drinks and snacks. She really is the It Girl of Korea, I don't think anyone can credibly argue against that anymore.

Anyway, J-Hope stans half exposed the BR guy last year. (And it's not a committee, it's one man.) They only pulled back because after threatening to drop J-Hope from the list altogether he started to bump him up it. I think he's like the lie detector people. Some stats, some personal opinion. It shouldn't be taken so seriously, and neither should the TCCandler thing. But those bragging rights though!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!