[PannChoa] Kingdom having rookies as experts + rap unit battle

• That user basically said with some kind words that Mayflay won, because the props influenced in other people's opinion, otherwise the other team would probably won and had the guts to call me out for being "Shady". I have to laugh

Unrelated but have you seen the review for the second part of the round? There’s a theory that Stray Kids are doing a mashup of Blackpink’s D4, Kick It and SVT’s Getting Closer. There’s people that also think they’re going to perform ‘Fold’ (their unreleased title track).

• Unrelated but have you seen the review for the second part of the round? There’s a theory that Stray Kids are doing a mashup of Blackpink’s D4, Kick It and SVT’s Getting Closer. There’s people that also think they’re going to perform ‘Fold’ (their unreleased title track).

I did! Personally, judging the teaser alone: Their background song sounds like a D4 remix. But, at the same time, It showed parts of the choreography that didn't seem to fit the song and one move remind me of Kick It indeed. So I wouldnt be surprised If they did a mashup.

They somehow made a God's Menu and Side Effects' arragement work well together and I thought It was impossible, so I wont doubt Stray Kids power...

• It's not shady thinking The ONE's stage isn't 'Show Me The Money' worth and different for any kind of typical Idol rapper stage that would be dragged by K-Hip-Hop Community. It doesn't mean I think It was terrible or the members didn't rapped well. Just that I don't think It makes sense that Bobby will be immacute everytime he's one the stage, simple because somethings talent alone isn't enough and people can think others might did better.

You jumped in your conclusions and started quoting me as you I have any right to decide how I should express myself. Put yourself in your place and have a good day.

again thats your opinion and i think its ridiculous. how much of smtm have you actually watched that you think they would be dragged for the stage? bobby doesnt have to be immaculate everytime he's on stage but this was a pretty darn good stage, and i think his team outperformed the other team by a good margin.

my conclusion is that you were being shady. even if you didnt mean to be shady it came off that way and i have the right to express that i dislike the way youre expressing your "opinion"

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• That user basically said with some kind words that Mayflay won, because the props influenced in other people's opinion, otherwise the other team would probably won and had the guts to call me out for being "Shady". I have to laugh

no? i said their stage was better thought out with props and all and suited an idol show more?

you are being shady and trying to act as if the stage was "obviously" bad and that they'd get "dragged"

yikes.

• again thats your opinion and i think its ridiculous. how much of smtm have you actually watched that you think they would be dragged for the stage? bobby doesnt have to be immaculate everytime he's on stage but this was a pretty darn good stage, and i think his team outperformed the other team by a good margin.

my conclusion is that you were being shady. even if you didnt mean to be shady it came off that way and i have the right to express that i dislike the way youre expressing your "opinion"

no? i said their stage was better thought out with props and all and suited an idol show more?

you are being shady and trying to act as if the stage was "obviously" bad and that they'd get "dragged"

yikes.

My dear, you can conclude and have the opinion you want about my opinion.

Even If I was being shady - what I explained why I was not - It's none of your business.

I also think the opinion you commented was ridiculous and I didn't mind answer, because I don't care. So stop caring that much about what I think too. You aren't simple disagreeing with me and wanting to discuss opinions, you want me to agree with you. It's disturbing

:pepe-back-away:

• My dear, you can conclude and have the opinion you want about my opinion.

Even If I was being shady - what I explained why I was not - It's none of your business.

I also think the opinion you commented was ridiculous and I didn't mind answer, because I don't care. So stop caring that much about what I think too. You aren't simple disagreeing with me, you want me to agree with you. It's disturbing

:pepe-back-away:

i honestly dont care about you but why the heck do you have to go around bring down my faves? just praise your own, you have to be obsessed the way youre acting.

if you're being shady towards my faves i have every right to call you out on it.

i dont care if you agree with me or not im telling you to stop being shady about it. praise your faves, say why you think they were better, dont go around acting like other people's stages were bad...

you're the disturbing one, not me.

• Mayfly's performance was incredible. All those complaints about props and idol performances seem to be forgetting what show we're watching. The whole competition has been elaborate stages with strong concepts and storylines. We know that's what gets the highest scores.

It's One's performance was just not up to the Kingdom standards. It was a simple performance, which would be great anywhere else, but that's not what this competition has ever emphasized. It was chaotic (no shade, I love that) with no concept or storyline, which is exactly the criticism other performances got before this that actually had much stronger concepts and storylines. BTOB got low scores before for these reasons regardless of their undeniable vocal talent, and their concepts were significantly more fleshed out than this performance.

The outcome was not surprising. If Bobby wasn't in that performance, people would not be arguing about this. Before the episode even aired, the Kingdom previews were filled with tons of comments from people saying Bobby was too good to be judged by anyone and that no one could beat the team he was in bc he won SMTM, so I'm not surprised by the reactions at all.

I won't go too much into my own subjective opinions, but I preferred Mayfly's by miles, even disregarding the performance aspect. Changbin & Han are always on point. I also think it might have been the amount of autotune for me, personally. I've been looking forward to seeing Bobby on Kingdom before the show even started, but I actually thought Sunwoo's verse was the highlight of the performance (again, he was the only one without autotune, so that may have been a factor). It's One's performance was a vibe though, and would have been hype in a live concert.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• i honestly dont care about you but why the heck do you have to go around bring down my faves? just praise your own, you have to be obsessed the way youre acting.

if you're being shady towards my faves i have every right to call you out on it.

i dont care if you agree with me or not im telling you to stop being shady about it. praise your faves, say why you think they were better, dont go around acting like other people's stages were bad...

you're the disturbing one, not me.

If you think being dragged for people at SMTM is instantly a statement that something is terrible, It's open to you. I don't think It is, as I said. But when It doesn't fit their standards, especially with it's envolving idols, yes It can be even If It's good.

Both stages, in my opinion, weren't meant to be praised by K-Hip Hop community, It was just a simple idol program competition for show their skills, synergy, message and creativity. And that's okay. I don't even think Bobby and Sunwoo rapped bad...

The reason why I mentioned Bobby and what I said was because people are bringing Bobby's background on the program to justify why he should win, drag the poor rookies who opined, drag the other team, when It doesn't mean that because he was exceptional in one program, everyone should think he will perform better that everyone, anytime. Especially because his skills wasn't what was being judge alone.Thinking that It's not shady!

But I'm tired to explain what I wanted to say to you. As I said, have a good day.

• if this was your message all along then thats cool.

imo they were trying to show off their rap, it was a rap stage, and thats what its one did better than the other team.

i dont understand why you started off with "would obviously get dragged" because thats shady but sure.

i understand what you are trying to say.

the initial message was shady, replace your faves in it and you'd understand. no one wants their faves to be insulted and im sure you agree with me on that one.

anyways skz are doing great, i hope they come second (cuz im rooting for ikon lol)

• I didn't want to sound that aggressive. Not against Bobby, but against who is using him as clout. The "obvious reasons" I meant was I explained to you, not because they rapped bad, but I see where you are coming from now, so sorry not only for the first comment, but also the way I talked to you. I'm usually not like that, but I didn't like the way you approached me...

Lmao, and It's okay! iKON is a great group too and I'm looking forward to their next group performance ( because you know, Lisa!)

• Official Post

I do get where they're coming from about rookies being judges. I don't care if they write their own stuff or not, that doesn't equal the experience to be considered a professional judge.

They could have made more of an effort to rope in some seasoned rappers, producers, and choreographers. If they really wanted idols to judge them, there were other options.

Also I assume this was filmed while Eunhyuk was covid exposure quarantine.

• I do get where they're coming from about rookies being judges. I don't care if they write their own stuff or not, that doesn't equal the experience to be considered a professional judge.

They could have made more of an effort to rope in some seasoned rappers, producers, and choreographers. If they really wanted idols to judge them, there were other options.

Also I assume this was filmed while Eunhyuk was covid exposure quarantine.

There were main judges. 2 Super Junior members, 4 producers, a song writer, a music critic, a MV director, and a choreographer.

The 4 rookie groups were in the background and didn't get introduced individually, so I don't think their influence was as strong as the main judges, who all got talking points and commentary.

I think people just have a knee-jerk reaction to hearing that rookie groups are judging, but at the end of the day, they're still more qualified to judge than the audience of regular fans, who normally account for 40% of the total points. Also I believe they did the same thing on Queendom, from what I've heard.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• 3. [+86, -3]

Bobby's goal from the beginning was to grow the kids' thirst for improving their rap. He was able to show it well on stage too, but it's a shame, I wished they could do what they wanted to do. But no matter how much of a shame it was, you can't start hating on other teams

Some people need to re-read this before slandering Bobby’s name. There’s a a lot of posts on pann like how he matured wanting his teammates to shine more when producing the song because they reminded him of his younger self as opposed to before when he would try to make himself stand out in mxm,

If Bobby presented 'It's ONE' stage on SMTM, he would've been dragged for obvious reasons :pepe-back-away: just because he won a program 6 years ago It doesn't mean he will serve the same kind of quality performance everything he's the stage :pepe-back-away:

I know you’re trying to be cute but I heavily disagree. I bet you haven’t watched smtm at all recently (can’t imagine why...) I think the outcome would be very different with another audience. Bobby didn’t even get a proper verse in the song he was more of the hook guy lol and still killed it .

I actually agree and not surprised at all mayfly won seeing who most of the judges were because they fit kingdoms/idol criteria really well with their stage and had more “stand out” parts compared to Full dash stage which was more rap/song oriented.

PS. What happened to allthe ikonics on this site lol

• I already explained my point of view in the later replies. And you indirect agreed with me when said he wasn't probably even trying to be exceptional or praised by K-Hip Hop Community. Probably no one was.

Because first: he wasn't alone and he wasn't being judging alone for his rap skills, both stages hold a different standard and vibe, since they are both different type of competitions and more stuff is taking in consideration. They were made to be a typical kind of idol stage on a idol program.

I personally think the other team understood and made the assignment better. If you don't think, nice. We can coexist.

• its one stage was boring tbh, Ikon keeps being hyped up by contestants yet they rarely follow through and their rankings refect that - knetz need to get with the program because at this point its just embarrassing for Ikon. Overhyped yet can rarely deliver.

you're right, i like ikon but their performances are a little disappointing

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!