The biggest obstacles Aespa has to become one of the top GG

• Being from SM everyone assumes that Aespa will be one of the top ggs in coming future. However remember that SM have had girlgroups that didn't do well like m.i.l.k and csjh the grace and they ended early. F(x) was on rise and had 2 popular members but due to various reasons it ended early.

Aespa's biggest problem is their concept is heavily based on their own universe which makes them not so public friendly. Black mamba's lyrics were all about their universe. Their upcoming song may not be so direct about it but the title "next level" suggests it may be. So casual listeners are not going to like it. Public prefers simple songs about love and romance and life. Although fandoms love storylines and theories but SM has barely given any content for fans to engage with. Another thing Koreans don't seem to like NingNing due to her being Chinese. But Chinese kpop fans will support her.

Overall my prediction is that next level will chart between 50 to 100 on melon and soon drop out. Aespa will have large fanbase but not so good performance on korean music charts.; similar to treasure and enhyphen.

• I agree to some extent with the korean public since they are the ones who understand the language but internationally bm is one of the best preforming debut songs so I don’t think they’ll have this problem.. and we don’t really know if all their tt going forwards will be about their story and universe could be just for the beginning to solidify the concept..

I do feel like they’ll chart well in Korea tho maybe not top charting but they’ll do good

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• I agree to some extent with the korean public since they are the ones who understand the language but internationally bm is one of the best preforming debut songs so I don’t think they’ll have this problem.. and we don’t really know if all their tt going forwards will be about their story and universe could be just for the beginning to solidify the concept..

I do feel like they’ll chart well in Korea tho maybe not top charting but they’ll do good

Actually some comments in theQoo posts say that they’re tired of “love/romance” lyrics that all group have. But idk if theyre majority, since most comments just praise the girls (or the opposite, lol).

• Lore wouldn't be a problem as long as they can release good songs. Exo was really heavy with the lore during their debut (even much more than Aespa) and they still have their lore until now and they're doing great.

i don't think wolf and monster or growl referred to their lore. But Aespa's sound and image seemed to be built around their lore. I'm curious to hear how their b-side songs would be.

• i don't think wolf and monster or growl referred to their lore. But Aespa's sound and image seemed to be built around their lore. I'm curious to hear how their b-side songs would be.

Their debut song is MAMA and from the MV alone it's 100% their lore. Black Mamba was not even as obvious as MAMA in introducing their lore. Wolf was not directly linked to their original lore but it still have it's own storyline (there was even short story) and during their early years they go to variety show pretending they have superpowers. They were marketed as alien from exo planet.

We still don't know if Aespa will involve their aes heavily into their music or if it's only for side promotion purposes like games, apps, etc. Who know if in the future they will stay consistent with thei AI involvement or if they will decrease it like exo's lore, it's still there but not as obvious now.

Sorry if my post sound confrontational.

• Official Post

I don't think the lore will be a problem for fans, but it'll definitely be confusing for someone who doesn't know anything about it.

f(x) did well though? What's with this revisionist history? They weren't top 3 but at least a top 10 GG. Hot Summer was like a hit. Take into consideration the fact that f(x) has two Chinese members while aespa has one, aespa probably won't be the #1 group of the 4th gen but they'll succeed in one way or another.

I disagree that they'll be like Treasure/ENHYPEN, those two groups can't even chart and Aespa doesn't have as big as a fanbase compared to those two. I think they'll probably end up like NCT, not much interest in their early years but end up peaking years after debut.

• Fans are more simple than all that, fans only care about music, visuals and the own members. Aespa concept (whatever it will be) won't hold them back, unless SM pushes the avatars too much.

Their lore is just for 4 minutes of MV and a few questions during interviews, if people likes the members and music and SM promotes them good, they will do well regardless of their lore. People are lying when they say they care about lyrics, they don't, I can list a bunch of hit songs with nonsense and dull lyrics

• Being from SM everyone assumes that Aespa will be one of the top ggs in coming future. However remember that SM have had girlgroups that didn't do well like m.i.l.k and csjh the grace and they ended early. F(x) was on rise and had 2 popular members but due to various reasons it ended early.

Aespa's biggest problem is their concept is heavily based on their own universe which makes them not so public friendly. Black mamba's lyrics were all about their universe. Their upcoming song may not be so direct about it but the title "next level" suggests it may be. So casual listeners are not going to like it. Public prefers simple songs about love and romance and life. Although fandoms love storylines and theories but SM has barely given any content for fans to engage with. Another thing Koreans don't seem to like NingNing due to her being Chinese. But Chinese kpop fans will support her.

Overall my prediction is that next level will chart between 50 to 100 on melon and soon drop out. Aespa will have large fanbase but not so good performance on korean music charts.; similar to treasure and enhyphen.

well Knetz are eating the song up

• :pepe-toast:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• As one of korean listeners, I agree with your opinion 99%. I just think Aespa's biggest problem is not a concept or universe but Ningning herself. Because SM can give up the stupid universe and change the concept one day, let see.. if lee soo man dies tomorrow? But even so, there is no way to kick her out just because she is chinese.

Koreans detest chinese these days and it will not change soon. SM ignored the fact and will pay for it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!