Taeyong was a victim of bullying

• To think that he was branded a bully for years by K-Pop fans who never even met him, yet he was bullied at school to the extent that he was sent to live with his grandparents for a month to get away from it, and implied that his bullies continued to torment him by phone even then.

He must have been dealing with some very complex feelings over the past few years.

(By the way this anecdote was shared a long time ago by a former classmate, but it was up against a more exciting narrative so was mostly ignored.)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Do people ever apologize for falsely accusing someone? Only a few do.

no they just ignore the truth and go hide of embarassement for cyber bullying someone for years for nothing

(By the way this anecdote was shared a long time ago by a former classmate, but it was up against a more exciting narrative so was mostly ignored.)

Yeah his friend and one of his teacher when the scandal comes out

said that he was never a bully and in contrary was sometimes too nice that people were taking advantage of this

but everybody ignore them, and said that they were lying just because they wanted to bully him and it didn't fit their narrative -_-

• Official Post

His antis won't care, but I'm glad he seems to be in a much better place mentally these days. I don't think it was a secret that he had been very depressed last year. I'm glad to know he has his grandma and his sister as great support. :pepelove1:

• I'll be honest I saw him in a negative light due to people talking about favouritism, the brick scam and the bullying issue. i didn't hate him but yeah. He didn't have that squeaky clean kpop idol image like eunwoo or Jaehyun...

Bad behaviour especially at a young age has a lot to do with the environment kids grow up in. This video honestly puts a lot of things in perspective. I wish sm and nctzens worked on getting this part of his life everywhere instead of giving attention to the false bullying accusations. Must have been hell for him to see what was being said about him. This is really tragic fr. Sm should not have pushed him to pander to public opinion so much. Sm mediaplays the most irrelevant things but couldn't get this to important places? It's fine if idols don't fit the ice prince image, it's fine if they are human beings. It will loose them a few delulus but atleast people can understand him better.

Even if he turns into a selfless philantrophist today anti's will still bring it up. It won't change anyone's mind but hearing an honest account of his life would help a lot. The way they handled it made him look like a 2d anime villan backed by a powerful company. This is so sad.

Was any action ever taken against that classmate?

Desbundar

• It's sad to hear this.......from casual knowledge of NCT I had heard of all his "scandals" but after I started to listen to NCT music and watching content he just simply did not seem like the type at all...if anything he's fairly gentle and introverted so I went back to read more about the scandals and a lot of it was exaggerated/overblown nonsense or even straight up false.......... sometimes I wonder about Kpop companies and their PR strategies because SM did not do a good job handling the issue hence this false perception persists in some circles....

• It's sad to hear this.......from casual knowledge of NCT I had heard of all his "scandals" but after I started to listen to NCT music and watching content he just simply did not seem like the type at all...if anything he's fairly gentle and introverted so I went back to read more about the scandals and a lot of it was exaggerated/overblown nonsense or even straight up false.......... sometimes I wonder about Kpop companies and their PR strategies because SM did not do a good job handling the issue hence this false perception persists in some circles....

this fake perception still persist also not only because of SM

but because People just don't want to admit the truth

and because it give them a good opportunity to bash him without being call out for being haters

that why so many people on the old forum when the truth came out, all the person who bash him for years for this scandals none of them appear in the thread

to admit that they were wrong

• All those people who were so quick to judge and call him names and trashtalk and bash him based on information that was later proven untrue, for all those years... those people themselves are the biggest bullies with all their witch hunts, never taking responsibility for them.

Do people ever apologize for falsely accusing someone? Only a few do.

No. They just move on to other easy targets they can quick judge and bash and online bully while claiming to be innocent and justified themselves.

They never learn.

• I like Taeyeong, on the contrary he is the good boy. Backstage he seemed to me like an introverted and gentle person. It's just that he was so powerful and charismatic on stage that this must have seemed intimidating to some people, so they immediately believed the gossip. Think of it this way, someone who is very handsome and talented must be very jealous because I think he is threateningly handsome. I don't want to make assumptions but some people are so jealous that you shouldn't immediately believe the unproven rumors.

• I like Taeyeong, on the contrary he is the good boy. Backstage he seemed to me like an introverted and gentle person. It's just that he was so powerful and charismatic on stage that this must have seemed intimidating to some people, so they immediately believed the gossip. Think of it this way, someone who is very handsome and talented must be very jealous because I think he is threateningly handsome. I don't want to make assumptions but some people are so jealous that you shouldn't immediately believe the unproven rumors.

I agree that the stage persona may be why people were so willing to cast him as the villain of kpop...

I really do hope that he is doing well and has peace because I cannot imagine the mental pressure the last few years have been with all the fake stories and unfair hate comments assassinating his character.....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!