What sparked all of the bullying accusations?

• So, in case you don't know, recently a pair of twins, Lee Jae-yeong and Da-yeong were accused of bullying by former classmates. The two were formerly on a volleyball team, and were well known if Korea. The accusations included things like physical violence, stealing, and threatening people with a knife. The twins made apologies on instagram, ut after a petition reached over 100k signatures in an effort to call for an investigation. They were dropped from the national team indefinitely, along with their club, and will not participate in the Tokyo Olympics.

More in depth article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17…lying-spt-intl/index.html

So this has clearly started a trend in accusations of bullying. We don't know if they are from trolls who want attention, victims who feel empowered, or antis.

So yeah, this is just some background info. :lover3:

• once a trend starts, it moves along till it loses fire. Remember the whole celebrities parents owing taxes, all of sudden all these people came forward claiming this, then it died down. I wonder what the next accusatory trend will be.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

wow there are many bullying scandals it's hard to believe those aren't a cover up for the real issue

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

wow there are many bullying scandals it's hard to believe those aren't a cover up for the real issue

Or it’s a cascading effect and more people are braver to come forward.

Please don’t make such dismissive claims.

• plus naver is getting rid of the most searched tab on 25th which means scandals will be easier to cover up so people are trying to get it all out there before its gone.

the real issue, the twins, has been mostly solved tho. As I mentioned in my original post, they have been dropped from the team.

boredom with a sprinkle of unoriginal imaginations

didya read the post lol? It remains to be seen whether or not all of them are true however, ut with things like this that happened in the past, collecting proof is hard.

Threatening people with a KNIFE? WTF...

yeah, it's really messed up

No wonder I am feeling every kpop idol is accused of bully today.

Some actors as well!

Oh interesting. Well consequence I suppose have to be severe. Esp if korea has a bullying problem.

Yeah, they have a bad problem with it.

• plus naver is getting rid of the most searched tab on 25th which means scandals will be easier to cover up so people are trying to get it all out there before its gone.

oh interesting. didn't know that.

My concern for this trend is only if the subsequent accusations are false, this makes the next bully accusation taken less seriously, and impairs the image of the accused.

I agree, it's probably very frustrating to actual victims who are seeing their abuse used in a malicious way, and making their own stories less believale.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!