[April Bullying Accusations] DSP Media issues 2 official statements and denies any bullying

• Another misterious friend ?

Another viral pann post, i need a translation for this.

There is a good chance this is false, a lot of post are made about Naeun right now, Korean SNS seems to be attacking Naeun the most in the group as she is currently the most popular member and had a lot of CF.

pann post to defend Yena ?

This pann post which i think try to defend Yena of April is being recieved very badly among korean communities. Korean SNS chose their side.

Edited 2 times, last by motorp77 ().

• has anyone seen this?

“Do you want to get raped by Go Young Wook, too?”… April Naeun is controversial over comments in the past April-Naeun-is-controversial-over-comments-in-the-past-1.jpg

Among various accusations where netizens pointed out that the April members even outright looked down on Hyunjoo even on camera, a particularly upsetting comment that Naeun made pre-debut has come to attention. April-Naeun-is-controversial-over-comments-in-the-past-2.jpg

The back-and-forth with Naeun and her male friend goes:

Friend: Not you, but other girls hahaha

Naeun: Do you want to get raped by Go Young Wook, too!?!?

Friend: Sorry…. (honorific for women)

Naeun: Goddess ^^

Friend: Sure ㅠㅠㅠ (Being threatened)

The exchange shocked netizens. Go Young Wook is a celebrity who was found guilty of raping minors, and many believed that making such ‘jokes’ was completely inappropriate. cr

original post: theqoo

1. She’s so disgusting

2. Oh my eyes

3. Nowadays, the entertainment industry is really scary… She has an innocent and pure image, but looks at what she was saying

4. This is a shock;;;

5. I can’t believe the image of a celebrity anymore, I thought she was a good person, and I’ve never doubted that, but I’m feeling betrayed now

6. Crazy… If you’re an ordinary person, you can’t even think of something like that

7. ?? April-Naeun.jpg

8. I can’t believe the image of a celebrity

9. Disgusting

10. This is the most shocking thing

source

• Yes this is trending af in korea. There is no actual proof it is Naeun though. Only the profile pic

• Yes this is trending af in korea. There is no actual proof it is Naeun though. Only the profile pic

ahn thanks for pointing it out, I'm not really following April but this is kind of sickening. If this were to be true, wasn't she like a 14 year old back then?

• yes she would be 14 at that moment. I don't think it should be held against her

I don't think this specific comment will be the end of her career, however the allegations are pretty serious. if they can't proof this was all a definite lie, it doesn't look great for the group as a whole.

• Hardly matters if they can't proof it's a lie. Even then, it might be too late. Just look at what ended up happening to T-ara.

Its totally different in T-ARA's cases as Hwayoung was playing the victim for a long time. Hyunjoo didn't release anything, if she also denies bullying this is finished. She most likely will get crucified if she denies though.

• The second statement from the label isn't much better than the first. Who is running PR for this company, that they can't do better than this? It's still basically "bullying happened, let us make excuses".

• Its totally different in T-ARA's cases as Hwayoung was playing the victim for a long time. Hyunjoo didn't release anything, if she also denies bullying this is finished. She most likely will get crucified if she denies though.

I doubt she will deny anything, I mean her family and friends all got involved.

• Dispatch posted that Yoonyoung, the guy from A-JAX which defended girls might be a boyfriend of Naeun,

and now Knetz started to talk that if he is really a boyfriend then he is probably biased and want to defend his girlfriend so no one is believing his words.

naeun.jpg

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2131685

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is actually in the other way i believe.

I think the first post in theqoo was an AJAX member was the boyfriend of Naeun, then he got called out on sns and then he released the statement.

• This is actually in the other way i believe.

I think the first post in theqoo was an AJAX member was the boyfriend of Naeun, then he got called out on sns and then he released the statement.

still he didn't adress anything about Naeun, and even more named April members as "kids" lol

but it's another case which will be complicated like Soojin's and longer it will last the bigger damage this will make to everyone.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• still he didn't adress anything about Naeun, and even more named April members as "kids" lol

but it's another case which will be complicated like Soojin's and longer it will last the bigger damage this will make to everyone.

Yea he just went full rage mode and berserked Hyunjoo without adressing anything lmao. Imo the worst response in this whole story

• Yea he just went full rage mode and berserked Hyunjoo without adressing anything lmao. Imo the worst response in this whole story

as someone who saw people come and gone in sport club where I was training

there were few people that for example get sick or tired for week or two, then they would only attend 1 or 2 training sessions per week, then they were be missing again, at some point it would piss u off when for example kid is talented, even more than you but starts to slack here and there, but then he would be in the first squad after finally attending 3-4 training sessions in a row...

same with people missing in squad without explanation, like here was situation when Hyunjoo didn't appear for broadcasts but members seem didn't know what happened, and why she is absent. Guy who was defensive midfielder was missing, I was supposed to play either on wing or attack but then coach would need to rebuild things and people will need to fill in, or some might do much more that they used to to "cover up" the missing person.

So I can understand how it works with humans mind that at some point you will snap and say: explain yourself, decide do you wanna be here, or go away, and don't cause a mess for others.

• as someone who saw people come and gone in sport club where I was training

there were few people that for example get sick or tired for week or two, then they would only attend 1 or 2 training sessions per week, then they were be missing again, at some point it would piss u off when for example kid is talented, even more than you but starts to slack here and there, but then he would be in the first squad after finally attending 3-4 training sessions in a row...

same with people missing in squad without explanation, like here was situation when Hyunjoo didn't appear for broadcasts but members seem didn't know what happened, and why she is absent. Guy who was defensive midfielder was missing, I was supposed to play either on wing or attack but then coach would need to rebuild things and people will need to fill in, or some might do much more that they used to to "cover up" the missing person.

So I can understand how it works with humans mind that at some point you will snap and say: explain yourself, decide do you wanna be here, or go away, and don't cause a mess for others.

Can't relate, i was so bad i wasn't even playing. Bench warmer if bench existed. Can relate about studies though, as one of my friend was super pissed and jealous about another person who was having the same results as him while not giving a damn about studies. i don't think he was so pissed he would lie against him though, that might be the case with the ajax member.

If you are not in good term with someone, i don't think you will necessarily lie, but you can reach a point where you might start to lie. Rn its difficult to know if the ajax member is lying, but he looks really pissed

• After reading all the statements by all the others I feel like siding with the April members.

I think hyunjoo should get all the help she needs and it's unfortunate that she didn't get to achieve her dreams.

But Rachel and chaekyung are still in April and it's been 4 years I think that says something . Whatever happened with Somjnn and hyunjoo feels like it had to do with them.

Jinsol was just a 13 year old when they debuted and I really hope chaewon wasn't dating a manager , because that is pretty messed up.

• I wonder why knetz is trying hard to destroy DSP. Statement from Yoonyoung and former staff are not contradicting., Considering its from 2 different people.

From the start its already wrong that people come to conclusion based on 3rd party testimony. Especially the statements from friend are too specific and -I think- overdoing which is strange considering she\he is not a direct witness.

This case already giving damage to the whole company ( and artists) and I think they still want more. Smells fishy to me that they want to sabotage MiraeSN debut.

B A D W I T C H
    45ovch.gif 45owrz.gif
    45ovhj.gif

• as someone who saw people come and gone in sport club where I was training

Sports are kinda different, the most of time there's enough people in case someone can't play. I'd compare it to jobs that need team work or group assignments where if someone is being lazy or is lacking you have to work double time. If someone is lacking, I'd take the problem to the person in charge tho but it looks like the company didn't do anything and they let the members figure things out for themselves and they decided to not being nice to her.

• I wonder why knetz is trying hard to destroy DSP. Statement from Yoonyoung and former staff are not contradicting., Considering its from 2 different people.

From the start its already wrong that people come to conclusion based on 3rd party testimony. Especially the statements from friend are too specific and -I think- overdoing which is strange considering she\he is not a direct witness.

This case already giving damage to the whole company ( and artists) and I think they still want more. Smells fishy to me that they want to sabotage MiraeSN debut.

Knetz like our twitter is just here for the drama. They do this to get entertain

• I don’t think we will ever get a statement from Hyunjoo. She’s still in DSP and they pretty much silenced her brother and if she addressed the situation it wouldn’t correlate with what her brother said. It would prove DSP is forcing her to make a statement.

Anyway, with April image ruined and DSP already starting to debut a new boy group it will be long till we ever see the girls again.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I don’t think we will ever get a statement from Hyunjoo. She’s still in DSP and they pretty much silenced her brother and if she addressed the situation it wouldn’t correlate with what her brother said. It would prove DSP is forcing her to make a statement.

Anyway, with April image ruined and DSP already starting to debut a new boy group it will be long till we ever see the girls again.

The ruin is more than what you think since Naeun & Chaekyung are currently filming drama. Yena's movie will be released on March. It could be a pre-planned attacks

B A D W I T C H
    45ovch.gif 45owrz.gif
    45ovhj.gif

What did the brother say that would make a hyunjoo statement not plausible ?

• Regarding the proofs some users use to show they were friends/classmates of idols, right there is some controversy around the sales of graduation albums of schools which some idols attended :

theqoo link

I need confirmation for that translation but it looks like some graduation albums for sales. This would make graduation album an obsolete way to prove that you were friend/classmate with an idol.

• I just hope the sister gave her consent because the way the company and staff are throwing her under the bus, I have no doubt words haven't been nicer in person/privately and it's possible they have threatened her too.

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!