Idols are as thin as your Average American celebrity

• I love how KPOP fans always call out korean idols for being too skinny and that they shouldn't starve themselves to look thin and that the korean industry should be more accepting of all type of bodies but in reality KPOP idols are as thin as any other American celebrity just take a look at Beyoncé images (5) (25).jpeg

She is as thin as any idole and lately people call her "thick" and "curvy" but in reality she's thin the curviest she ever got was when she got pregnant.

And let's not forget Selena Gomez

In this pic she looks as thin as Blackpink

images (5) (28).jpeg

People always act as if westerners are open-minded but let's not forget how shamed Rihanna was when she show herself with little bit of tummy.

Tldr : idols aren't any skinnier than your average American celebrity.

• There are beauty standards everywhere in the world, including the west.

I also want to mention that no beauty standard is better than another, they are simply all toxic of portraying and setting an expectation on an individual.

• the difference is western celebrities can give middle finger to those who body shames them for example Billi Eillish, but kpop idols can't

Yeah but they still conform to the societal standards, an example of a middle finger to the public would be Lizo no matter what people say about her she still feels comfortable in her own body

• There are beauty standards everywhere in the world, including the west.

I also want to mention that no beauty standard is better than another, they are simply all toxic of portraying and setting an expectation on an individual.

True , but i hate how people like to preach how the western world is accepting of all bodies but in reality it's really not the case

• True , but i hate how people like to preach how the western world is accepting of all bodies but in reality it's really not the case

While it is being more talked & taught in the west that all body shapes should be equally respected, it still comes down to how we follow through with it.

• Honestly no, I have seen both kidols and western celebrities... No one should be shamed but let’s be honest there is reason why a lot of kpop idols complain about the heavy dieting and standards - like not debuting when you weight more or literally eating nothing (momo and ice cubes). The main page is full of stupidity but people always want the toxicity out of kpop but indirectly support, deny and always frame someone as skinny shaming when they call out the toxic beauty standards of kpop. Literally not talking about naturally skinny idols but people shouldn’t normalize diet cultures like the one in the idol industry. A lot of the idols I have seen looked downright malnourished, only a few looked healthy. They looked tired and not healthy.

This goes both ways. Body positivity means to accept everyone in every shape BUT not denying health risks and factors that could come with every body type or mostly the diet.

• having grown up in a skinny household, all of them look perfectly healthy to me

neither western nor eastern pop idols have extremely low body fat ( like female athletes for example )

western celebs just seem to have wider frame and more muscle which gives the idea of thickness

they're all in the okay-good body fat range so ehhhh

i just feel like unhealthy amount of body fat is actually promoted as "average" these days

• Honestly no, I have seen both kidols and western celebrities... No one should be shamed but let’s be honest there is reason why a lot of kpop idols complain about the heavy dieting and standards - like not debuting when you weight more or literally eating nothing (momo and ice cubes). The main page is full of stupidity but people always want the toxicity out of kpop but indirectly support, deny and always frame someone as skinny shaming when they call out the toxic beauty standards of kpop. Literally not talking about naturally skinny idols but people shouldn’t normalize diet cultures like the one in the idol industry. A lot of the idols I have seen looked downright malnourished, only a few looked healthy. They looked tired and not healthy.

This goes both ways. Body positivity means to accept everyone in every shape BUT not denying health risks and factors that could come with every body type or mostly the diet.

there's nothing wrong in calling toxic standers and they shouldn't be accepted , but let's not kid ourselves American celebrities are as thin as any idole,

Katy Perry, lady gaga, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Selena, Miley, Doja and many others are thin and even the ones that are called curvy like Megan the stallion for example is in reality a thin girl, idols are just vocal about their diet etc... While American celebrity like to play in this whole relatable persona and that they eat what you eat but in reality we all know that they work themselves hard on that treadmill

• I don’t agree with the ppl who shame the idols but Beyonce is not as skinny as idols and if there was a female idol as thick as her, she would be called out. Idols like Sulli were shamed for having “fat arms and legs”. The majority of the west seem thicker so let’s not deny that but I agree they're not superior. A rare example of a female idol who said fuck it and didn’t lose her career when they shamed her for being “fat” is Hwasa.

lt64IYu.gif

• there's nothing wrong in calling toxic standers and they shouldn't be accepted , but let's not kid ourselves American celebrities are as thin as any idole,

Katy Perry, lady gaga, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Selena, Miley, Doja and many others are thin and even the ones that are called curvy like Megan the stallion for example is in reality a thin girl, idols are just vocal about their diet etc... While American celebrity like to play in this whole relatable persona and that they eat what you eat but in reality we all know that they work themselves hard on that treadmill

They are not as thin as idols. Don’t kid yourself. I have seen both western artists and idols. Beyonce weights more than 60kg. You can’t tell me as someone who was face to face standing infront of idols and weights less than beyonce that she is as thin as them. It might not seem a lot in the photos but idols ARE thin. Not all of them are dieting but most of them.

There are thinner than most Korean citizens and you know when you walk down the streets who is an idol and who is not. Believe me I was shocked when saw the legs of a certain idol. Even the Korean and Japanese fans were shocked. And I met them face to face under normal light (not stage or anything). I know some celebrities where I am from and I have a met a few who were known as very skinny and they do not even come close. My skinniest friend is not even that skinny.

• They are not as thin as idols. Don’t kid yourself. I have seen both western artists and idols. Beyonce weights more than 60kg. You can’t tell me as someone who was face to face standing infront of idols and weights less than beyonce that she is as thin as them. It might not seem a lot in the photos but idols ARE thin. Not all of them are dieting but most of them.

There are thinner than most Korean citizens and you know when you walk down the streets who is an idol and who is not. Believe me I was shocked when saw the legs of a certain idol. Even the Korean and Japanese fans were shocked. And I met them face to face under normal light (not stage or anything). I know some celebrities where I am from and I have a met a few who were known as very skinny and they do not even come close. My skinniest friend is not even that skinny.

You see it this way and i see it the other way, they way i see it American celebrity are thin, and like I said previously Selena Gomez isn't any thicker than a korean idol, it's impossible that she weighs more than 50 kg.

images (5) (30).jpeg

• You see it this way and i see it the other way, they way i see it American celebrity are thin, and like I said previously Selena Gomez isn't any thicker than a korean idol, it's impossible that she weighs more than 50 kg.

images (5) (30).jpeg

There is not see it that way or not see that way. As long as no one hates on anyone and people stop with that dieting culture I do not care tbh

She looks thicker than a lot of idols I have met but anyway. I already see how this is turning into. Let’s agree to disagree

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!