Kpop and Asian hate crime ?

• Edit:title is really bad , will edit it later

Fans

I see a lot of kpop fans are talking about Asian hate that happening in the US, tbh I don't know how these fans feel about what happened because some people have this mentality that "I like kpop, so I need to talk about it" some just talk about the situation because "it will be good image for the fandom" (I saw some of fans from other fandom do that on twitter) some fans keep asking "why other fandom not speaking about this?"

This is not a competition of who talk about it and who doesn't, nor is it a time to be "our fandom x fans did this... for this issue" nope it's not about you or your fandom it's an important issue and if you're doing this because you want acknowledgement or something then please stop. Talking about racism against other race have nothing to do with you like, if you believe that what happened is wrong and racist then talk about it. It just weird seeing people use the hashtag with their fave pic , random quote or even gif, the fans weren't actually talking about the actual haye crimes

Idols

I hated when kpop fans kept pushing kpop idols to talk about blm , and I really hope that fans won't do this again. I'm not going to go and check if evey Asian celebrity talked about it, just because they didn't talk about the Asian hate on social media doesn't mean that they are not upset about this. If kpop idols and other Asian celebrities post about this on sns then it'd good but never compare them to other who didn't publicly talk about it

• Particularly in the US, I get the sense that they feel Asian countries are competition for them on the global scale and their unease expresses itself in racism.

That Kpop groups get this much popularity adds to that unease, as some Americans are used to them dominating in entertainment and the world following. Some Americans can't handle the idea of suddenly not being in the center of attention and act out by attacking Asian people and Kpop.

See also: Trump's reaction to Parasite winning an Oscar.

• I’m tired of people making it into a competition as well. I hope everyone can speak on the issue itself, and not make it about kpop. It’s larger than that

This is a kpop forum not a political forum... mostly things from kpop sphere would be shed light on. And kpop is taken as representation of Asian race in media and other fandoms.

This is just a small instance of what is happening and Korean media is also calling it an act of racism. A white hand holding a white institution, bashing Asian artists with no names.

IMG_20210318_004504.jpgIMG_20210318_004500.jpgIMG_20210318_004505.jpgIMG_20210318_004503.jpg

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• This is a kpop forum not a political forum... mostly things from kpop sphere would be shed light on. And kpop is taken as representation of Asian race in media and other fandoms.

This is just a small instance of what is happening and Korean media is also calling it an act of racism. A white hand holding a white institution, bashing Asian artists with no names.

IMG_20210318_004504.jpgIMG_20210318_004500.jpgIMG_20210318_004505.jpgIMG_20210318_004503.jpg

Damn in 2021 ppl are really like this.

• Damn in 2021 ppl are really like this.

👆Geez, those racists...🤬

In the big year of 2021, people are also like this:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• The majority in the west (non-Asians) really don’t give a fuck about Asians. They like to bring up excuses of why it’s deserved:

- Asians are racist in their own countries

- Asians are the most successful minority

- Asians are light skin or have privilege

- Asian businesses are predatory to black communities

- Chinese are responsible for the pandemic

Hence from both the right and left political spectrum Asians on their put no mind list. Asians will need a lot of security to protect themselves

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!