K-Pop vocals aren't very impressive and here's why

• I certainly agree there which is why I think people should provide examples to shut it down instead of y'know... take it out on arianna when she didn't make this op lol

i apologize for coming across as rude & trying to challenge you.

• i find this quite funny how nobody or almost nobody question western artist vocals

but at the moment an idol is doing great vocally people are questionning it, saying they are autotune or smth else

you can bring them a kpop idol with the level of whitney houston or mariah carey, some people will still try to find a way to look down on their vocal skills

I see no difference between this and this :pepefacepalm:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• I have nothing against Ariana but the OP is acting like she's better vocally than Idols like Bom who is one of the best 2nd generation singers

I love Bom, she's my bias since the day i become a blackjack

but let's not lie to ourself saying she's one of the best 2nd generation singers

when almost all 2nd main vocal can outsing her :/

Bom have a very distinctive voice, but that never make of her one of the best 2nd gen singer

• also OP comparing a video took with the camera of a phone

to compare with the quality of sound of a camera who cost thousands of dollar don't you think it's quite ironic :/

Both took at different angles and distance of the singer

you're just showing that distance, quality of material can influence how the sound can be perceived by humans

which have already been proved by a lot of scientifist -_-

• External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

So Hyang isnt kpop lol

• Anyways, stan vocals, stan Day6

• Official Post

I'm just here to appreciate this vocal king.

• Anyways, stan vocals, stan Day6

jae unclaims you

day6 is not kpop!! ^^

• Wendy, Jihyo, Park Bom, Jessica, Seulgi all say hi.

And are you really gonna use Ariana Grande of all people? Wendy can out sing that wannabe any day of the week.

Don’t judge Ariana based on some of her new trash songs (no offense). She was actually a very good vocalists from what I have seen of her.

lt64IYu.gif

• I mean, yeah autotune is involved, but that doesn’t have to be a bad thing. For that matter, it’s better if you’re at least somewhat good at singing even if your going to use autotune because that’s way less work for the producers. Like it’s easier to make a good vocal sound great than it is to make a bad vocal sound great. obviously, most kpop idols are capable of singing. They are trained for a reason. Regardless, of whether or not the voice is edited, if it sounds good I don’t care.

Anyways, it’s quite heavy to dismiss the vocal prowess of newer gen kpop idols because there are some great 3rd/4th gen vocals out there.

So I’m dropping Ateez stuff because they are all vocal kings (Jongho especially), and their live performances have no time for lipsyncing crap.

More Jongho for the soul.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I know you wanted Forestella, but you came the wrong way. You don't need to shit on others' to make yours shine. Western pop has some great singers like Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars. But K-pop has them too like Ailee, Taeyeon and Wendy. Not everyone in Western pop sings like Ariana Grande and not everyone in K-pop sings like Ailee.

And don't come with the K-pop is heavily auto-tuned like Western pop wasn't. Pop music is auto-tuned, be it Korean or American.

If you want the cream of the crop then you should be looking at opera singers, not pop singers.

• Lol! Only at the end of the first post I realised the thread was actually an admiration/promotional post for Forestella (Forstella? Forcestella?) ^^

Well done, sneaky but effective :pepe-toast:

On a side note, Ariana Grande might not be the best example of great western vocalists to compare with. Seems her actual vocal skills (technical) are chronically overrated, and there are better contemporary Western singers/vocalists.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!