Do you watch or care about Eurovision?

• no, but the song are so good, i have really liked this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I care :waterr: currently I'm fully in eurovision mode and don't care about any other music

:waterr:

My faves this year are france and switzerland

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have many others but I'd want one of these to win

I cannot believe that after two years of waiting the time has finally come :pepe-sad:

• i only found out about it bc of that amazing movie on netflix with the amazing OST

I need to look up what songs were used.

People who mock eurovision obviously haven't watched in a while, nobody does gimmicks on stage anymore, the focus is only on the songs. In fact, people who like to mock it are upset countries started to take it seriously. Verka Serduchka is an icon but we've past that.

• itiswhatitisss do you have your fave(s)? :pepelove1:

Y'all don't know how nice is too read positive comments especially from fans whose country have a beef with yours. Balkan cannot function without political tension.

eurovision fandom is full of love and support and appreciate diversity <3

sveznalica come here and invite your exo friends, iirc some care about the contest :D

• Official Post

I think my top five(in no order) is:

France

Bulgaria

Greece

Switzerland

Serbia

:omgr:

Lowkey rooting for Israel and Russia too.

Most people I know LOVE Italy's but I never got the hype. I hate rock. :pepecry:

Let me go make a Eurovision thread lol :pepelove1:

• I can imagine how great that would be. Imagine a song representing each state. I'd definitely like to see that.

There's actually a plan and it's expected to happen at some point but nobody knows when

i only found out about it bc of that amazing movie on netflix with the amazing OST

I just checked and only salvador's song is an actual eurovision song. He won at 2017 contents

All other songs sounds so nordic lol

• I used to watch it, when I was younger, I think it's a big deal in Europe, families watching it together etc.

But I totally forget about it now usually.

• doesitneedsaying why are you angry? :-D :-D :-D :cursing:

When is the Eurovision this year? I might watch it since you're scary hahaha

We used to watch it with my family when I was younger and later with friends, but then I just stopped at some

point and forgot about it haha

• doesitneedsaying why are you angry? :-D :-D :-D :cursing:

When is the Eurovision this year? I might watch it since you're scary hahaha

We used to watch it with my family when I was younger and later with friends, but then I just stopped at some

point and forgot about it haha

Come join us here, it's basically itiswhatitisss and i having a private convo :D

:pepelove1:

• Come join us here, it's basically itiswhatitisss and i having a private convo :D

Trying to get me into Eurovision again? Argh there is a danger me drowning in it hahah, but i'll check it out (also the songs you said were good).

It does sounds like Eurovision became better music-wise in the last couple of years though!

• explain what it is in stupid people terms :pepe-tea:

European song contest where each participating country submits an original song, and then the competing countries cast votes for the other songs to figure out a winner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest

:)

This year the competition is in rotterdam because the netherlands won the previous contest in 2019.

Two more weeks :groovins:

• No gimmicks and over the top stages anymore, and people who like to mock it are upset about it :-) tho, norway wore wings on their national selection, let's hope they'll get rid of it :pepe-cross:

Your song is not good tho, it's boring as hell ;( and itiswhatitisss thinks that ours is a bop ^^

• No gimmicks and over the top stages anymore, and people who like to mock it are upset about it :-) tho, norway wore wings on their national selection, let's hope they'll get rid of it :pepe-cross:

Your song is not good tho, it's boring as hell ;( and itiswhatitisss thinks that ours is a bop ^^

Hahahha I lauged at the bolded statement :D Sounds interesting!

Ah yeah I've heard our song, but I don't even know how it goes, it's forgettable and boring, like you've said.

I just checked yours, since I was curious and it's not bad! (better than ours for sure haha) Video is a bit colorful haha, but otherwise it's pretty fun and uplifting song!

I remember as a child we all watched it for hours with snacks and counted the points and commented on performances. Nice memories though hehe

• Ah yeah I've heard our song, but I don't even know how it goes, it's forgettable and boring, like you've said.

I just checked yours, since I was curious and it's not bad! (better than ours for sure haha) Video is a bit colorful haha, but otherwise it's pretty fun and uplifting song!

I remember as a child we all watched it for hours with snacks and counted the points and commented on performances. Nice memories though hehe

i remember western countries saying that only eastern european countries care about eurovision; hello? sweden?! They are obsessed with eurovision, a few years ago eurovision started using their voting system which is indeed more fun and nerve wrecking! Melodifestivalen is their national event. Most of the countries invited their last year artists to perform this year too (some accepted, some not) and ofc sweden wasn't one of them. It's been a while since west started taking it seriously too which is why their final rankings improved a lot.

• i remember western countries saying that only eastern european countries care about eurovision; hello? sweden?! They are obsessed with eurovision, a few years ago eurovision started using their voting system which is indeed more fun and nerve wrecking! Melodifestivalen is their national event. Most of the countries invited their last year artists to perform this year too (some accepted, some not) and ofc sweden wasn't one of them. It's been a while since west started taking it seriously too which is why their final rankings improved a lot.

From what I know Swedes are obsessed with Eurovision, as you said, I had a friend from Sweden and for them it's HUGE!

Oh I thought all of the countries has last years winners to perform this year! So Sweden selected a new one?

I'm not really up to date with it

• From what I know Swedes are obsessed with Eurovision, as you said, I had a friend from Sweden and for them it's HUGE!

Oh I thought all of the countries has last years winners to perform this year! So Sweden selected a new one?

I'm not really up to date with it

Nope, if they invited the mamas back (their previous winner) that would mean melodifestivalen wouldn't happen and that's just not an option lol. I honestly haven't counted how many artists came back (yours and mine did), i haven't counted which is unforgivable for me :-D but most of them did

Demon_owl :D

• Nope, if they invited the mamas back (their previous winner) that would mean melodifestivalen wouldn't happen and that's just not an option lol. I honestly haven't counted how many artists came back (yours and mine did), i haven't counted which is unforgivable for me :-D but most of them did

Aaah that's why I assumed that there no Eurovision last year, because we didn't choose a new one. Argh we should've :eyes:

Haha but you got me really interested now, I'm getting back into my Eurovision mode slowly :D

• Nope, if they invited the mamas back (their previous winner) that would mean melodifestivalen wouldn't happen and that's just not an option lol. I honestly haven't counted how many artists came back (yours and mine did), i haven't counted which is unforgivable for me :-D but most of them did

Lol. Love how you summoned me to this :D

Yes since moving to Scandinavia I’ve been blissfully aware of Eurovision and it’s huge here. I think especially Sweden that have won many times

I’m not that up to date with recent winners, which are actually quite slick and well produced music, but live for the old songs

Where else do you get over the top camp spectacles and ultra catchy music like this

• I forgot this classic! The clothes, the clothes!!!

• Demon_owl all bops! I miss turkey so much :waterr: my fave turkey entries are

Sertab is great too

I don't want sweden to win for at least 10 years, let other countries win :p but on another hand petra and mans :pepe-sad:

:-D

itiswhatitisss do you like dum tek tek? It's a classic :)

• Turkey is seriously under rated as Eurovision giants!

• Turkey is seriously under rated as Eurovision giants!

Not in fandom. Fandom is basically crying for them and prayin for their return on a daily basis :-D

itiswhatitisss i loved them both but there can't be two winners :pepe-sad: i felt the same for 2019 the netherlands and italy, both are really good songs :pepe-sad:

And iceland 2019?

:eyebrowsr:

• Another Swedish classic - my treat lol

• I follow Eurovision since I'm 9 or 10 (I'm 22 at the moment) :froghype:

my favorite ESC song of all time :pepelove1:

External Content www.youtube.com

• Another Swedish classic - my treat lol

I never heard of it. It sounds so swedish :D

i bring you one more classic (this song was popular in ex yugoslavia), possibly the best spanish entry ever <3 it sounds totally spanish :D

:dancer::groovins:

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!