Kpop Groups That You Wish Did Not Belong To The Company That They Belong To?

• Official Post

The only group I wish was respected more by their company left so I'm good for now. :pepe-hehe:

• If this was last year I would say The Grace as they stayed with SM from 2001 to 2020 and their last comeback was in 2009 :sweatr1: Wanna talk about mistreatment those poor girls spent their 20s and 30s waiting on SM to give them a comeback. Only for them to be disbanded after a member went on a variety show and talked about it.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• MCND and UP10TION

MCND is the second most viewed boygroup on Youtube who debuted in 2020 but not really much people seems to care more than just to listen to their songs and TOP MEDIA seems to not really promote them well, wich causes that their best selling album compared to their MV-views dosn't really looks equal. Many groups who have this much of viewes sell up to 200-300K per album but MCND just sold 29K on their best selling album, wich is really sad. Before MCND existed nobody of TOP MEDIA really got any recognition and since Kim Woseok was in X1 its pretty sad how Andy cares about UP10TION. Andy is a pretty bad CEO cause instead of pottung Woseok back to UP10TION wich could finally make them popular he is using him as soloist and hypes him up like if every artist under TOP MEDIA would be worthless and as if only Woseok would mather. Thats really sad tho

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• OP said BP?? they are not a big group now if without Teddy and YG's connections and money..

YG connection never helped them in the western market and the long hiatus. 2020 was the best year for blinks because we got 3 comebacks and an album. Usually it is just 1 comeback and a lot of people hate on Blackpink for not having a lot of comebacks and album. If YG gave Blackpink more comebacks and more promotion they would be so much more popular and less hated.

• YG connection never helped them in the western market and the long hiatus. 2020 was the best year for blinks because we got 3 comebacks and an album. Usually it is just 1 comeback and a lot of people hate on Blackpink for not having a lot of comebacks and album. If YG gave Blackpink more comebacks and more promotion they would be so much more popular and less hated.

"YG connection never helped them in the western market "

Coachella hello??? YG has big connections there that's why Bigbang, CL, Epik High and BP were able to perform there. Teddy has connections with western producers too..

BP is just a nugu group if they were not in YG. BP even managed to get lots of fans pre-debut because THEY ARE FROM YG.

Just find it weird that you mentioned a successful group in this thread.

• "YG connection never helped them in the western market "

Coachella hello??? YG has big connections there that's why Bigbang, CL, Epik High and BP were able to perform there. Teddy has connections with western producers too..

BP is just a nugu group if they were not in YG. BP even managed to get lots of fans pre-debut because THEY ARE FROM YG.

Just find it weird that you mentioned a successful group in this thread.

So Blackpink charting with zero promotion in the U.S is because of YG? Alright. But the reason why I included Blackpink is because YG barely gives them comebacks and it is annoying. The only thing keeping haters quiet is the album but we all know that is not going to last long. Also Bigbang did not perform at coachella and I believe CL did not perform there either.

P.S Coming from a big company does not force people stan a group. The people who stan, stan because they want to. Not only that, Blackpink did not have a big fanbase when they debuted.

P.P.S I think you know how much Blackjacks hated Blackpink and accused them of copying 2ne1 so a lot of Blackjacks don't even stan Blackpink. Also VIPs, not a lot of them stan Blackpink. And being from YG does not always give you a upper hand (if not a drawback). Look at Ikon and Winner.

• So Blackpink charting with zero promotion in the U.S is because of YG? Alright. But the reason why I included Blackpink is because YG barely gives them comebacks and it is annoying. The only thing keeping haters quiet is the album but we all know that is not going to last long. Also Bigbang did not perform at coachella and I believe CL did not perform there either.

P.S Coming from a big company does not force people stan a group. The people who stan, stan because they want to. Not only that, Blackpink did not have a big fanbase when they debuted.

P.P.S I think you know how much Blackjacks hated Blackpink and accused them of copying 2ne1 so a lot of Blackjacks don't even stan Blackpink. Also VIPs, not a lot of them stan Blackpink. And being from YG does not always give you a upper hand (if not a drawback). Look at Ikon and Winner.

The way you talk it's like they were underrated which they never were in any way, they may not have had a big fandom right off the bat but had a huge visibility for sure they debuted with a PAK on kcharts, they held the record for most viewed debut mv on youtube for quite some time too, there was a lot of hype and interest in them and it was mostly because of the legacy of yg in the industry if they debuted on idk pledis or cube they wouldn't get even 1/3 of the interest they got before they putted any music out. i think it's safe to say they had like the biggest debut for a kpop group ever.

• The way you talk it's like they were underrated which they never were in any way, they may not have had a big fandom right off the bat but had a huge visibility for sure they debuted with a PAK on kcharts, they held the record for most viewed debut mv on youtube for quite some time too, there was a lot of hype and interest in them and it was mostly because of the legacy of yg in the industry if they debuted on idk pledis or cube they wouldn't get even 1/3 of the interest they got before they putted any music out. i think it's safe to say they had like the biggest debut for a kpop group ever.

I never said they where underrated, they may have the biggest debut currently but boombayah only hit one billion in 2020 (it is a lot though, It shows the growth in the fandom). Also we are talking about western success right? In the western industry Blackpink kind of went unnoticed for a while but they managed to get it later.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!